Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

aeroplan has 10X point for shopping at Amazon

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2019 7:52 pm
Oct 1, 2017
33 posts
12 upvotes
Montréal
Rubberbiscuit wrote: So to book that did you do your research first using google flight tools searching on no-fee airlines then call Aeroplan and try to book it, making
adjustments to available flights? It's a $30 fee for phone bookings, right?
I use this tool to search for Star Alliance member flights: https://starmap.fltmaps.com/en/other

IIRC, it's more than 30$ when you call in to do your booking. Might be 50$, but don't quote me on that.
bb || !bb
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
2300 posts
2175 upvotes
Laval, QC
10x Aeroplan sounds a decent deal but just don’t know where to redeem the miles, also Aeroplan expires if your account inactive for more than a year
Jul 15, 2014
409 posts
310 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone know when this deal ends? I have some stuff to buy but I don't want it to arrive while I'm travelling. Maybe I'll just ship to an Amazon pickup point.

Oh, note that the offer says "To earn Aeroplan miles, purchases must be completed during the same shopping session, with items that you’ve added to cart after clicking on the eStore link". So make sure you click the link, put in your Aeroplan number, then add any items you want to buy in your cart. I must say I didn't follow this step during the 5x points event and still got my reward, but YMMV and this time around I will be following these steps.

My 2 cents on Aeroplan: it all depends how you redeem your points. The best value would be business class, if you consider points to dollar value. Plus, personally I'd never pay for a business class flight, but I can justify redeeming points for a business class flight instead. I would likely not get a chance to fly business otherwise. Another way that I've used the points is to fly during high season with fixed fare. These flights are a little more difficult to get because they get booked up so fast. But they do show if you keep checking. Example: one year, I flew YYZ -> YVR round trip for Christmas. Got direct flights at the times I wanted, ~Dec 20 or something and back on Jan 1. At the time, each way cost about $800 because of peak season. I ended up paying about $80 after tax each way instead, redeeming 25,000 points. Another example: this year I grabbed a ticket YOW -> YVR Dec 21, direct. On the Air Canada site the same flight was going for $822 when I booked (now $895). Paid about $80 in taxes and redeemed 12,500 points. I've also redeemed YVR -> YYZ roundtrip multiple times last minute for 25,000, when paying out of pocket would have been too expensive since booking was so close to departure dates. The lowest value way to redeem your points would probably be for retail/products on their store.

To keep your account active you could use apps like Carrot or fill up at Esso using your Aeroplan card every couple months or so.
Sep 23, 2013
150 posts
330 upvotes
La belle province
M@rk wrote:
I want to do that too. Anyone know how long this Aeroplan promo will last?
ElenaA265 wrote: Anyone know when this deal ends? I have some stuff to buy but I don't want it to arrive while I'm travelling. Maybe I'll just ship to an Amazon pickup point.
"Earn 10X the miles when you shop Amazon.ca via the Aeroplan eStore! On now until Dec. 30."
Aeroplan_amazon_30dec.jpg
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
FWIW, I went through the Aeroplan site on my last Amazon order to get Aeroplan points 2 months ago. No points to date showed up in my Aeroplan account. It seems to be as fragile and uncertain as most such schemes.

Amazon does not even show up in the list of available "Retail Partners" on the Aeroplan site form where you can request missing points.
Feb 13, 2014
535 posts
299 upvotes
RFD Land
Exp315 wrote: FWIW, I went through the Aeroplan site on my last Amazon order to get Aeroplan points 2 months ago. No points to date showed up in my Aeroplan account. It seems to be as fragile and uncertain as most such schemes.

Amazon does not even show up in the list of available "Retail Partners" on the Aeroplan site form where you can request missing points.
Don't know where you are going but..

https://www.aeroplan.com/estore/credit.ep

Amazon is clearly listed on the Retailers list...
Feb 2, 2009
293 posts
67 upvotes
I've had 3~4 Amazon.ca transactions through Aeroplan e-store earlier this year and the points still have not shown up. I filed missing points report for all of them but still have not heard back, phoned Aeroplan support and was told to just wait.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1436 posts
2260 upvotes
jt9000 wrote: I've had 3~4 Amazon.ca transactions through Aeroplan e-store earlier this year and the points still have not shown up. I filed missing points report for all of them but still have not heard back, phoned Aeroplan support and was told to just wait.
they really don't want to deal with people.
Aimia even shut down the support email address that used to work.
Dec 6, 2010
500 posts
214 upvotes
Thanks OP

Surprisingly all of my Amazon transactions showed up on Aeroplan so far but none on Airmiles ever!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1436 posts
2260 upvotes
ElenaA265 wrote: Anyone know when this deal ends? I have some stuff to buy but I don't want it to arrive while I'm travelling. Maybe I'll just ship to an Amazon pickup point.

Oh, note that the offer says "To earn Aeroplan miles, purchases must be completed during the same shopping session, with items that you’ve added to cart after clicking on the eStore link". So make sure you click the link, put in your Aeroplan number, then add any items you want to buy in your cart. I must say I didn't follow this step during the 5x points event and still got my reward, but YMMV and this time around I will be following these steps.

My 2 cents on Aeroplan: it all depends how you redeem your points. The best value would be business class, if you consider points to dollar value. Plus, personally I'd never pay for a business class flight, but I can justify redeeming points for a business class flight instead. I would likely not get a chance to fly business otherwise. Another way that I've used the points is to fly during high season with fixed fare. These flights are a little more difficult to get because they get booked up so fast. But they do show if you keep checking. Example: one year, I flew YYZ -> YVR round trip for Christmas. Got direct flights at the times I wanted, ~Dec 20 or something and back on Jan 1. At the time, each way cost about $800 because of peak season. I ended up paying about $80 after tax each way instead, redeeming 25,000 points. Another example: this year I grabbed a ticket YOW -> YVR Dec 21, direct. On the Air Canada site the same flight was going for $822 when I booked (now $895). Paid about $80 in taxes and redeemed 12,500 points. I've also redeemed YVR -> YYZ roundtrip multiple times last minute for 25,000, when paying out of pocket would have been too expensive since booking was so close to departure dates. The lowest value way to redeem your points would probably be for retail/products on their store.

To keep your account active you could use apps like Carrot or fill up at Esso using your Aeroplan card every couple months or so.
which airlines did you fly?
Jul 15, 2014
409 posts
310 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
gotglint wrote: which airlines did you fly?
Always Air Canada for the examples above. So taxes aren't too crazy. A nice plus when booking on Aeroplan points with AC is that you get to preselect your seats and check in 1 luggage for free.

Flying to Europe, for example, would likely not be as good of a value as airport/airline taxes are a lot higher.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So, as of yesterday, I've received the full 9K extra Amex points, including for gift card purchase.
No sign on aeroplan - does anyone know how long it would take usually?
Feb 13, 2014
535 posts
299 upvotes
RFD Land
ericw wrote: So, as of yesterday, I've received the full 9K extra Amex points, including for gift card purchase.
Mine have been slowly showing up from the last 5X Pts via Amazon in Early December. For Amazon usually 14-16 Days after shipping from Amazon they show up in Aeroplan account. Pts show up usually between 9pm-10pm EST in your Aeroplan account if you getting some that day.

Not that I have been monitoring my Aeroplan account for pts or anything. :)
Jul 17, 2011
142 posts
135 upvotes
Tcalp wrote: Except that Air Canada still charges your for Fuel and Taxes with Aeroplan points. That said, there are airlines like, United, or EgyptAir (etc), that don't charge you for fuel. Flying anywhere with Air Canada using Areoplan points is a horrible deal.
That's not always true. Flying within canada is usually quite expensive in taxes and fuel surcharges with Air Canada, but if you're flying in from another country it can be quite cheap.

I flew from Tokyo to Halifax on my aeroplan points with AC and only paid $75
Feb 23, 2013
319 posts
199 upvotes
In my experience, only AC and Lufthansa have major surcharges when booking using Aeroplan miles. I’ve flown with others in the Star Alliance and never had to pay more than $100 in taxes/fees.

As always, Aeroplan redemption makes the most sense and is actually a great deal for booking business class. I’ve flown between Canada/US and Europe and the Middle East in business class using the fixed mileage and found it to be a great deal. Compare the point spread between booking economy versus business on the chart - it’s usually less than 70% more for the upgrade. Then compare the monetary cost for those tickets - business is usually twice to three times the ticket price.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1685 posts
1196 upvotes
Ohboiya wrote: Does the spend qualify for altitude status? I'm about 10000 points for super elite and can easily find $1000 on amazon to buy if it gets me over the hump.
No, spend does not qualify for altitude status. Only BIS miles.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2006
1685 posts
1196 upvotes
ericw wrote: So, as of yesterday, I've received the full 9K extra Amex points, including for gift card purchase.
When did you make your Amex purchase? Did the 9,000 extra Amex points post right away? The T&C's says up to 90 days later I think. Well, that's what the Amex rep told me anyway.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1918 posts
1298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CanRulez wrote: When did you make your Amex purchase? Did the 9,000 extra Amex points post right away? The T&C's says up to 90 days later I think. Well, that's what the Amex rep told me anyway.
Next day after amazon charge went through
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2018
1064 posts
1202 upvotes

ESSO ended back in May and Carrot took away earning any points for hitting your daily goal only the odd surveys and 10 day challenges now