Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

All 8 Harry Potter Films on 4k - $150 or $170 with blurays

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2018 6:16 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester

[Amazon.ca] All 8 Harry Potter Films on 4k - $150 or $170 with blurays

This is actually a very good deal on this set. And, frankly, it ticks me off - I think I have the first few movies in pre-widescreen DVD and then upgraded all to blu-rays and now this! Kidding, of course. I will probably wait a few years for this to drop even further but for right now, $21/movie for 4k (and bluray + digital versions) is a good deal indeed.

Updating this given that I found the UK, region-free version that does not contain the blu-rays: Harry Potter - Complete 8-Film Collection [4K UHD] [Blu-ray] [2017] [Region Free] UK IMPORT REGION FREE for $149.99

Last edited by CaptSmethwick on Apr 7th, 2018 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Upvoting respectful and helpful RFDers since 2007
15 replies
Dec 15, 2016
157 posts
178 upvotes
I bought on Amazon UK, before Xmas 17 and still paid less (around $140 with exchange/shipping/duties, etc.). The only difference was no regular blu-ray. The price is still slightly cheaper on the Amazon UK site. If you don't need regular blu-ray capability, this may be a better deal.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
LewisLongshanks wrote: I bought on Amazon UK, before Xmas 17 and still paid less (around $140 with exchange/shipping/duties, etc.). The only difference was no regular blu-ray. The price is still slightly cheaper on the Amazon UK site. If you don't need regular blu-ray capability, this may be a better deal.
My sole concern with that is the CBSA can occasionally look at the country of origin and decide that duties must be paid. Unless I know the country of origin and that duties don't apply, I need more than a few dollars of savings to import anything where the value could attract the CBSA's attention - in this case, it might not be much beyond HST.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10325 upvotes
Toronto
Even though the some of the movies are considered "fake 4k", the addition of HDR/DV can make a big difference in contrast, black levels, and some details.

Many movies are mastered with a 2k DI but still look better than the 1080p counterpart.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
audit13 wrote: Even though the some of the movies are considered "fake 4k", the addition of HDR/DV can make a big difference in contrast, black levels, and some details.

Many movies are mastered with a 2k DI but still look better than the 1080p counterpart.
There aren't many reviews out on this set but those that I've read feel that the HDR & DTSX rendering of these films is nothing short of amazing.

https://www.hometheaterforum.com/commun ... ay.352044/
https://www.cepro.com/article/ce_pro_ha ... home_exper
Nov 30, 2006
784 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
It's been $145 all in including shipping from Amazon UK since it was released.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
22160 posts
10325 upvotes
Toronto
Does the UK version include the BluRay versions too? There are a lot of different versions on the UK site.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
audit13 wrote: Does the UK version include the BluRay versions too? There are a lot of different versions on the UK site.
The Amazon.co.uk version is the UHD discs only. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Harry-Potter-C ... rry+potter

Given that many people are upgrading from their bluray collection, this isn't a deal killer but it's good to know that $145 CDN can get you the UHD versions. This set is $25 more than that.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
mdewolfe wrote: Came to mention this website, as I know this collection is not all 'true 4k'.
Yes, but it's not the same as upscaling your bluray discs to a 4k TV as these have been rendered for playback on 4k sets with better contrast, colour, and sound.
Dec 15, 2016
157 posts
178 upvotes
audit13 wrote: Does the UK version include the BluRay versions too? There are a lot of different versions on the UK site.
No blu-ray version
May 13, 2012
422 posts
424 upvotes
Edmonton
329 posts
182 upvotes
We can discuss the quality of this set for a long time, someone it suits, and for someone doesn't , but the fact remains that if you really enjoy Harry Potter and would like to buy these films, then as of today this price is the best in comparison with with all other sources offered in the internet, e.g., ebay.ca, walmart.ca or blue-rey.com. Thank you, OP.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
9732 posts
9503 upvotes
Winchester
OP updated to include the imported UK version of this - lose 8 bluray disks and save $20.

You know, because there are SO many RFD fans of this UHD rendering, that I am sure this even better deal will just get snapped up...

I personally think that Voldemort is behind the down votes on this thread.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)