Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

ALLPOWERS Solar Charger 15000mAh Portable Power Bank with SUNPOWER Solar Panel - 9.99 (no tax) [Sold Out]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2018 8:24 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] ALLPOWERS Solar Charger 15000mAh Portable Power Bank with SUNPOWER Solar Panel - 9.99 (no tax) [Sold Out]

Lightning deal has sold out

This power bank is mainly charged from an adapter. Solar Charger is for emergency use ONLY. Non-Prime members need another $8.01 worth product(s) to get free shipping.

According to the sellers : Solar charger is only for emergency use, not a primary charging resource, so it takes 8-21 days for a full 0-100% charge; It is recommended to charge by wall charger, which only takes a few hours to fully charge

ALLPOWERS: Amazon's #1 Solar Charger Brand; Always Power Your Life Whenever and Wherever
iSolar Technology, deliver the fastest charge
It can automatically adjust the current and voltage to achieve maximum power, delivering its fastest possible juice up to 3.4A amps.

Highest Quality
Grade A panel and premium microchips ensure its rapid charging and 500+ recharge cyclelife

Best design
Compact size design for portability, with the free hook, you may just hang it on your bagpack when outdoors.

SunPower Solar Panel
Power conversion efficiency is up to 23.5%, while the normal solar panel is about 17%.

Spacious Capacity
15000mAh can charge an iPhone 6 up to 5 times, iphone 7 up to 3.3 times, a Galaxy S6 up to 4 times or an iPad Mini about 1.5 times.

Save Recharging Time
Build with 2A Input(Max), reducing the recharging time up to 50% compared to 1A input of other power bank.

Bright Flashlight
Built-in LED flashlight for dark or low-light environments.

Specification:
* Capacity: 15000mAh
* SunPower Panel: Max.5V 250mA (1.25W)
* Input: 5V/2A
* Output: 5V3.4A(USB1: 5V/2.1A; USB2: 5V/2.4A)
* Dimension: 130*80*15mm / 5.1*3.1*0.59inch
* Weight: 222g /7.8 Ounce
Attention: Solar charger is only for emergency use, not a primary charging resource, so it takes 8-21 days for a full 0-100% charge; It is recommended to charge by wall charger, which only takes a few hours to fully charge

Last edited by lcmt on Aug 16th, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
3830 posts
826 upvotes
Toronto
Seems like a good price if the capacity is legit. Bought one.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I find the capacity normally is not correct. It usually is a lot less even you buy it from a better brand like Aukey or Anker. I will measure it once I receive the product
flame02 wrote: Seems like a good price if the capacity is legit. Bought one.
Last edited by lcmt on Aug 16th, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
Hey, um, OP? Just so you know.... i've been waiting, and waiting and waiting for a deal on not only a high capacity but solar capable charger pack for a canoe trip my buddies and I are going on labour day weekend. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and cheap as dirt.

Thanks a LOT!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Then this is a good time for you, but don't put much hope on the solar part since there is an efficient limitation from any solar panel.

For anyone interests in our future of phone battery, Austrailia is building a battery using quantum physics and you can charge your phone or your car within a very short time (Almost instantly) in the future.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-21/n ... y/10021086
LawEightSix wrote: Hey, um, OP? Just so you know.... i've been waiting, and waiting and waiting for a deal on not only a high capacity but solar capable charger pack for a canoe trip my buddies and I are going on labour day weekend. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and cheap as dirt.

Thanks a LOT!
Last edited by lcmt on Aug 16th, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Deal is still active. Once you placed the order, you won't see the deal price anymore if you already sign-in to Amazon account.
beatuptruck wrote: Thanks OP, needed a filler and this fit the bill nicely. Looks like the deal is dead now.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
lcmt wrote: Then this is a good time for you, but don't put much hope on the solar part since there is an efficient limitation from any solar panel.

For anyone interests in our future of phone battery, Austrailia is building a battery using quantum physics and you can charge your phone or your car within a very short time (Almost instantly) in the future.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-21/n ... y/10021086
Oh I know, just a nice feature to have.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
2303 posts
2322 upvotes
Montreal
nice op , thank you , in for one.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1705 posts
1031 upvotes
MB
About the solar charging from the Amazon website
Just checked the company's page for the product... http://www.iallpowers.com/index.php?c=product&id=343
Regarding the solar charging feature, here is what it says... "Solar charger is only for emergency use, not a primary charging resource, so it takes 8-21 days for a full 0-100% charge; It is recommended to charge by wall charger, which only takes a few hours to fully charge."
Aug 2, 2010
120 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
lcmt wrote: I find the capacity normally is not correct. It usually is a lot less even you buy it from a better brand like Aukey or Anker. I will measure it once I receive the product
Are you taking into account that the advertised mAH rating is for the lithium ion cells at 3.7V? I'm not sure if that's the standard practice but I've contacted Aukey before about their 16000mAH battery not being advertised capacity and this is what they told me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I'm actually using a gadget to measure how much mAh have been taken/charged before the power bank stops charging. I don't see anything is related to the voltage unless you want to calculate the power. Besides, I don't believe the product information shows anything related to this 3.7V. Even it is true, it is lack of transparent.
Tangerined wrote: Are you taking into account that the advertised mAH rating is for the lithium ion cells at 3.7V? I'm not sure if that's the standard practice but I've contacted Aukey before about their 16000mAH battery not being advertised capacity and this is what they told me.
Last edited by lcmt on Aug 16th, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16765 posts
8102 upvotes
lcmt wrote: I'm actually using a gadget to measure how much mAh have been taken/charged before the power bank stops charging. I don't see anything is related to the voltage unless you want to calculate the power.
There is a 30% loss or something between the rated mah of the power bank and how much it actually charges your phone. It is draining one battery and charging the other and there is a loss. This is basic physics. There is loss every time energy changes forms. In this case it is changing from chemical energy into electricity and then back to chemical energy again.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I understand there is a loss during charging. I'm not talking about the output. I'm saying the amount of mAh going to the power bank. If they advertise it is 30000mAh, then I expect that the measurement from my gadget should show around 30000mAh should be used while the charges going from the power source to the power bank regardless of how much loss after storing in the power bank. However, my gadget only shows 22000mAh is being used when the power bank stops charging. In the case, the power bank can only store 22000mAh even there is no loss of energy. If the power bank cannot store that much (e.g. 30000mAh), there is no way the power bank can output more than that amount.
SickBeast wrote: There is a 30% loss or something between the rated mah of the power bank and how much it actually charges your phone. It is draining one battery and charging the other and there is a loss. This is basic physics. There is loss every time energy changes forms. In this case it is changing from chemical energy into electricity and then back to chemical energy again.
Last edited by lcmt on Aug 16th, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1821 posts
258 upvotes
Thanks OP, manage to grab one!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
Really interesting deal, even if it is not very good. It is only $10. If you have prime I guess it is not a big deal to just use it for an emergency.
Apr 2, 2006
172 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
For those that ordered, did you get one or two USB cables. The description in the manual and website indicate two, I only see one in the package.
Aug 2, 2010
120 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
lcmt wrote: I'm actually using a gadget to measure how much mAh have been taken/charged before the power bank stops charging. I don't see anything is related to the voltage unless you want to calculate the power. Besides, I don't believe the product information shows anything related to this 3.7V. Even it is true, it is lack of transparent.
Yeah going by Aukey's 16000 mAh at 3.7V, it would be 59200 mWh total power. At 5V it would be about 11840 mAh.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I understand the relationship between Voltage, Current and Power. However, the product information should show the actual or practical mAh we normally use which is 5V. Otherwise, they can even put higher mAh capacity with less voltage. Not everyone is coming from the science field. As a normal customer, we only know this power bank should be able to store the mAh showing on the product page.
Tangerined wrote: Yeah going by Aukey's 16000 mAh at 3.7V, it would be 59200 mWh total power. At 5V it would be about 11840 mAh.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
I haven't received yet, but some reviews said that they only receive one cable.
TKMC26 wrote: For those that ordered, did you get one or two USB cables. The description in the manual and website indicate two, I only see one in the package.
Aug 2, 2010
120 posts
96 upvotes
Calgary
lcmt wrote: I understand the relationship between Voltage, Current and Power. However, the product information should show the actual or practical mAh we normally use which is 5V. Otherwise, they can even put higher mAh capacity with less voltage. Not everyone is coming from the science field. As a normal customer, we only know this power bank should be able to store the mAh showing on the product page.
Oh yeah, I agree with you that it's deceiving. I'm must saying that might be why you're not seeing the capacity that you're expecting. Although the Xiaomi 10000mAh bank I purchased recently is pretty much bang on 10000mAh at 5V.