Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
amazon.ca

Amazon basics AA rechargeable 25.98 16 pack

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2019 9:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes

Amazon basics AA rechargeable 25.98 16 pack

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
26%
Expiry:
April 11, 2019
Retailer:
amazon.ca
had these in my wish list at this price for quite a while so it's not a bad price for 16 pack
im not sure about expiry of this deal so grab now and think later. usual sale for these according to triple c last one day tho.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 31st, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed link
28 replies
Apr 7, 2007
852 posts
474 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Noice. What charger are people recommending? I chew through lots of AA's keeping my XBOX One controllers going. Thanks OP.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like white top. Are these eneloops?
Mar 17, 2015
965 posts
1981 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
cheapmother wrote: Noice. What charger are people recommending? I chew through lots of AA's keeping my XBOX One controllers going. Thanks OP.
Since discovering Maha chargers & batteries over a decade ago, I only use them. They fully won me over after a family reunion vacation which saw everyone else replacing camera (lol before cellphones got so good) batteries daily & mine went nearly a week before requiring a charge. I have an older version of the C9000 (at time I believe it was about $40) that is still going strong. Price is higher but quality is beyond phenomenal for how long they last (for each use & before they no longer charge).

I get them from Pauls Finest.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
cheapmother wrote: Noice. What charger are people recommending? I chew through lots of AA's keeping my XBOX One controllers going. Thanks OP.
Also interested in a good charger.... I'm using the basic one that came with my eneloop and its not the best lol.
Jan 20, 2019
534 posts
975 upvotes
After doing a lot of research, skip the overseas cheap chargers and get a Nightcore charger. I splurged for the SC4 model and couldn't be happier. North American company, cost isn't that much more expensive and worth every penny.
Oct 5, 2012
113 posts
71 upvotes
Edmonton
I'd recommend the Panasonic BQ-CC55 charger - fast charging that apparently won't degrade batteries and has indicators for how full the batteries are and whether the batteries are healthy or not:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-eneloop ... B01G4T230U
More info: http://www.panasonicbatteryproducts.com ... y-charger/

I've read that with really old batteries the BQ-CC55 might have some issues, so the BQ-CC17 is still a pretty good charger, but nowhere near the speed of the BQ-CC55 :
Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-BQ-CC17 ... 00JHKSLM8/
More info: http://www.panasonicbatteryproducts.com ... y-charger/

The Wirecutter chooses the BQ-CC17 but that is mainly because it is cheaper and the price difference right now is only about $4, so I'd go with the BQ-CC55.
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best- ... y-charger/
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2018
1515 posts
2810 upvotes
Winnipeg
Obligatory plug for the Ikea Ladda 2450, which are made in Japan Eneloop Pro re-brands. This means higher capacity, higher self discharge, and a bit more sensitive to overcharging. And while they are more expensive with an equivalent 16 batteries being $40, I think they are a better option for most applications.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70303876/
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2715 posts
562 upvotes
The high capacity ones are on sale too, 2000mah vs 2400mah, but this seems like a better deal. Has anyone tested the actual mahs on the regular vs high capacity ones?
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17811 posts
5762 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Thanks OP. Picked one up.

Use a smart charger, works great. $30-$50 bucks depending on when you get on a deal.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Nice price. I might have to pick up some! I use a Nitecore D4 charger with them. Lets me charge a variety of different types. Bought it off ebay for like $28. Does the job well enough.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
Are there any fast universal chargers that can charge AA/AAA and 18650 batteries?
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
8554 posts
5570 upvotes
Trudostan
I already have an arsenal of eneloops... but one can never have enough batteries. Hope these are japan-made but if not they are going into battery-operated microLED lights and beater flashlights for the car/garage.
Gtaphotog wrote: Are there any universal chargers that can charge these and 18650 batteries?
There are quite a few out there. I picked up a Zanflare C4 when it was on sale for $20 back in September amazon-ca-zanflare-c4-smart-charger-rec ... d-2223295/
Never tried it with anything other than NiMH cells, seems to work well though I still trust my C9000 more for the reconditioning/test functions.
SAMSUNG SUCKS! NO SSD WARRANTY IN CANADA > https://forums.redflagdeals.com/has-any ... d-2098075/
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7988 posts
11548 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: I already have an arsenal of eneloops... but one can never have enough batteries. Hope these are japan-made but if not they are going into battery-operated microLED lights and beater flashlights for the car/garage.
There are quite a few out there. I picked up a Zanflare C4 when it was on sale for $20 back in September amazon-ca-zanflare-c4-smart-charger-rec ... d-2223295/
Never tried it with anything other than NiMH cells, seems to work well though I still trust my C9000 more for the reconditioning/test functions.
I found this one https://www.amazon.ca/Battery-Charger-U ... way&sr=8-3
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4021 posts
2373 upvotes
Ottawa
Wheatboy wrote:
Since discovering Maha chargers & batteries over a decade ago, I only use them. They fully won me over after a family reunion vacation which saw everyone else replacing camera (lol before cellphones got so good) batteries daily & mine went nearly a week before requiring a charge. I have an older version of the C9000 (at time I believe it was about $40) that is still going strong. Price is higher but quality is beyond phenomenal for how long they last (for each use & before they no longer charge).

I get them from Pauls Finest.
I don't think the Maha PowerEX batteries are Low Self Discharge batteries. But if you use batteries often, they are probably good for having high capacity.
lg26151 wrote: After doing a lot of research, skip the overseas cheap chargers and get a Nightcore charger. I splurged for the SC4 model and couldn't be happier. North American company, cost isn't that much more expensive and worth every penny.
Are you sure Nitecore isn't Chinese? I have a couple of their lights, and the packaging is pretty slick compared to other brands, but they are definitely made in China. I do however agree that Nitecore chargers are liked by many.
nounou23 wrote: Also interested in a good charger.... I'm using the basic one that came with my eneloop and its not the best lol.
If you also get into hobbies that need other types of rechargeable batteries (drone, RC car, flashlight) then you'll need a larger & better charger. As mentioned Nitecore (D4) makes nice charger. I use a Zanflare (C4) myself. Other good ones are Littokala, XTAR VC4 and OPUS. You can check some reviews, some people go right into the little details of how the chargers top up. You might be able to find a coupon code from zeroair's blog, sometimes the dude gets codes for this kind of stuff.

The thing is, if you don't really need to charge li-ion batteries and only do AA and AAA, it is perfectly fine to just stick with the eneloop charger. I used mine for years.
Jun 14, 2011
326 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
chinesedevil wrote: Looks like white top. Are these eneloops?
No. These are cheap made in China batteries. Having a white top has nothing to do with Eneloop. If it doesn't say Eneloop it is not a rebranded Eneloop.

This is a decent price for a cheaper tier of battery. For me, I'd rather buy the real Eneloops which are often on sale for around $45 for 16 at Costco. Or without waiting for a sale, the Ikea's at $9 for 4 are a good choice. The Made in Japan AmazonBasics are also great batteries (but not Eneloops). I can't recomment them though because their price went crazy, I last got them $13 for 8 a couple of years ago. I wouldn't touch them at their more recent pricing.