Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon Basics Microfiber towels 144 pack $47.76 of course free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 2:37 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2013
2099 posts
447 upvotes
Scarborough
I've used cheap microfiber towels in the past for cleaning windows and the lint would stay on the window. Talk about stressing out. I'm not sure how these will perform but if these are comparible to the ones sold at Crappy Tire like someone mentioned then expect to see lint all over your windows. I will just use them for around the house.
Nov 24, 2006
615 posts
89 upvotes
Are these good as buffing clothes? To buff off wax/sealants?
Nov 29, 2006
674 posts
118 upvotes
Sibze wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 3:18 pm
Lol please dont say I know nothing, as I stated in a later comment there is a large difference between these towels and proper drying towels. I'd love to see a pro detailer using these right after doing paint correction. Not going to happen.

Here is some reading for people that actually care.

https://www.adamspolishes.com.au/a-guid ... bre-towels

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/au ... atter.html

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/compari ... fiber.html

Cheap towels CAN scratch your paint. They very well may not but there is a reason why professionals use high quality microfibers.

Show me some of your sources where it says you can get amazing results from $0.35 towels and I'll admit I know nothing. I even looked at Garry Dean's website and his cheapest towel is $3.99 US making it around 13 times more expensive than these towels... for 144 of his towels it would be over $570 US. Hard to compare quality.

I'll also add that I did buy these. These are great around the garage and cleaning in the house. No doubt this is an awesome deal.
I applaud the tone of your (multiple) posts. Very respectful even when others are not. Anyways, for the truly anal, even the thread used for stitching the ends of the microfiber cloth they say can cause swirls so many who do care will buy cloths that are edgeless and stuff...

for the record, I am not one of them...
Penalty Box
Dec 16, 2013
1455 posts
515 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn, mods deleted the people looking to split this. [removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 13th, 2017 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread was reported and requesting splits isn't allowed in Hot Deals
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7966 posts
2809 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe create a thread in Group Buy?
Ferinthul wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:17 am
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 13th, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Dec 29, 2005
415 posts
73 upvotes
Ferinthul wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 8:17 am
Someone reported the thread
Last edited by Mars2012 on Nov 13th, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
???????? ???????
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1072 posts
154 upvotes
lcmt wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 4:27 pm
Donate the $1 to charity Smiling Face With Open Mouth. It seems all messages about sharing are deleted from this thread.

What is group buy /sharing not allowed on red flag deals?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1323 posts
217 upvotes
Toronto
Will these remove the water marks and not leave streaks on the windows of a car after a wash? I just go to esso and get it washed but it always leaves water marks after, would love to remove them without streaking marks.
May 28, 2012
9434 posts
1778 upvotes
Saskatoon
coffeebean wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:19 am
What is group buy /sharing not allowed on red flag deals?
It's allowed in the BST forums. Requesting pm's and asking for split deals takes away from deal discussion and derails Hot Deals threads.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5341 posts
1389 upvotes
Cornwall PE
I have and do use these for buffing off polish and waxes and for cleaning/dusting the interior of my car and have had no trouble.
These are not drying towels and no these are probably not used by professionals but that doesn't mean you can't get similar results. They are likely the bare minimum you can buy to achieve those results and they are also at the minimum size wise to achieve professional results, but professional results are indeed almost guaranteed buy the home user, it will likely just take much more time on the users part. Now if people have the money for towels a half inch thick and towels with silk boarders or no boarders and don't mind paying a premium price for them, as they almost never go on sale and if do it is with very little off. Personally I think most will do more harm to their clear coat by washing and reusing more expensive towels over and over again as one is more likely to reuse these over and over due to their cost, these after washing I use in the kitchen or more dirtier areas of my vehicles such as engine bays before actually discarding them.
It's a slippery slope to think you always get exactly what you pay for when you buy something intended for industry use. In my experience the minute something has a professional or industry standard description in it's title it usually receives an inflated price tag, I know this as I used to work in an industry supply store and the mark ups were horrendous, something costing $8 could be sold for upwards of $29, and I do remember towels of this quality would sell there for just under $4 each. So the cost meter is or can be an extremely vague one. Thing is I use these and I have used the more expensive ones as well and for the uses I have mentioned buffing and interior cleaning and dusting they work just fine.
There are lots of those detailing sights and a good many of them seem more to prattle to the folks owning high end sports/super cars and people owning one of those could never be told that a sub 30 cent towel is going anywhere near their car even if it could achieve similar results.
Now for a drying towel look for one that will hold the most water, is a decent size, is soft enough and is also at the best price.
But people buy what you want for your car, me I like to pay just what I need to pay and not a penny more.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
5341 posts
1389 upvotes
Cornwall PE
Lol, just noticed my avatar has been deleted, guess someone didn't like it for some reason.
The Children all love the the new down vote button.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
1500 posts
193 upvotes
How do these compare with the Costco ones?
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2008
1045 posts
709 upvotes
Ottawa
Would be nice if Amazon also could sell half the amount at half price. Winking Face
Jan 14, 2011
945 posts
212 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:49 am
It's allowed in the BST forums. Requesting pm's and asking for split deals takes away from deal discussion and derails Hot Deals threads.
How about referencing in the thread that another thread has been created in the BST forums for anybody interested in splitting orders and providing a link to it? That only takes one post without cluttering the thread.
Sep 12, 2017
131 posts
15 upvotes
OrangeBerry wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 10:50 pm
Ive saved so much money switching from paper towels to these towels or terry towels. They absprd so much better and they are reusable.
Where do u use them, kitchen? Then just wash them?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mastermind82