Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca: Aukey 20000mAh Portable Power Bank 29.99$ + Freebie (one of 2 choices)...

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2017 8:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
9999 posts
101026 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca: Aukey 20000mAh Portable Power Bank 29.99$ + Freebie (one of 2 choices)...

Hi there,

Anyone looking for a battery pack... It's in the Lighting Deal...
https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-20000mAh-Po ... 00R97DNHE/

However, if you read the special offer, there is 2 choices of a freebie..
- Receive 1 Aukey CC-T10 Car Charger free when you purchase 1 or more AUKEY PB-N15 20000mAh Power Bank BLACK offered by Aukey Direct. Enter code N15POWER at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Receive 1 Aukey Wall Light Touch Screen Switch free when you purchase 1 or more AUKEY 20000mAh Portable Power Bank offered by Aukey Direct. Enter code ZENGPALA at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01BY6NUMS/ (Charger)
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M0UNQLE/ (Wall Light)

If you're planning to get one, an extra bonus doesn't hurt.

Ju Leon...
19 replies
Jan 2, 2017
308 posts
173 upvotes
Personal experience with this charger. It worked great for a month or so and then one day I turned on the LED light and it wouldn't turn back off no matter what I did, and it wouldn't charge my phone. Sent it back to Amazon and got a different charger. That's just my experience though.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2006
1613 posts
460 upvotes
The white one was $23 a while back. So they better give you something for free at this price.
Life is tough but so are you
Nov 28, 2016
161 posts
148 upvotes
Can u use this to charge Switch while playing?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Apr 23, 2004
9999 posts
101026 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I think most power bank batteries are compatible with the Nintendo Switch. All you need is a USB-C cable...

Ju Leon...
Jan 7, 2017
65 posts
54 upvotes
I've had this battery pack for about 2yrs now. Still holds its charge properly and works like a champ. It's a must have for me.
Oct 13, 2008
67 posts
5 upvotes
Calgary
Same here. Mine lasted great for around 8months and then precisely same behaviour. Amazon did refund me though, as a courtesy. My prime has already paid for itself, with one other similar action on a different product.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2005
4464 posts
2202 upvotes
the freebie is no longer offered? doesn't work for me and I don't see it in the description.
edit: never mind. I'm an idiot.
Nov 9, 2011
660 posts
403 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm the light switch actually look interesting. I don't need a battery pack as I already have so many of them... but I might just pick it up for the light switch!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1325 posts
180 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 11:28 pm
Hi there,

I think most power bank batteries are compatible with the Nintendo Switch. All you need is a USB-C cable...

Ju Leon...
from another thread someone posted this

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch ... h_but_you/

So this morning I decided to test my Anker PowerCore+ 20100 on my Nintendo Switch while playing Zelda in handheld mode.
Learned you need to use the USB-C port on the battery and a good USB-C to USB-C cable or your switch won't charge fast enough.
First I tried charging it with a USB-A to USB-C cable. (one made by google) The switch appeared to be charging but after 15-20 minutes or so my switch had actually lost 1% charge (while playing Zelda in handheld mode).
Next I tried a USB-C to USB-C cable this one also made by google...
It worked! While playing Zelda I gained 5% in about 20 minutes.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6108 posts
839 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
inferno_gn wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 11:28 pm
Hi there,

Ju Leon...
Most power banks can certainly charge the Switch, but the real question is whether it can charge it while playing at the same time.

For that I think you need something with 5V/2.4A output.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Banned
Jan 8, 2017
116 posts
14 upvotes
Fantastic Battery for Pokemon Go, played 6-8 hours while plugged into it the entire time, phone never died.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1754 posts
1784 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tonershop wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:48 am
Hmm the light switch actually look interesting. I don't need a battery pack as I already have so many of them... but I might just pick it up for the light switch!
I installed it 2 days ago after getting it with the powerbank, took about 20-30 minutes (only because we had plaster inside the light switch hole that needed to be grinded off for the light switch to fit in).

It's extremely pretty and very futuristic but other than that, it's just a touch sensitive glass light switch. Just when off, the surrounding blue light is stronger
Jul 23, 2009
487 posts
312 upvotes
Brampton, ON
blackston3 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:47 pm
I installed it 2 days ago after getting it with the powerbank, took about 20-30 minutes (only because we had plaster inside the light switch hole that needed to be grinded off for the light switch to fit in).

It's extremely pretty and very futuristic but other than that, it's just a touch sensitive glass light switch. Just when off, the surrounding blue light is stronger
Is the switch UL certified?