Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

[Amazon.ca] Aukey DR02J 4K Dash Cam $139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2018 6:27 am
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1942 posts
1746 upvotes
Center of the univer…
My insurance company was willing to look at the video once I disputed the other party who hit me's story. And, they changed their decision after looking at the video at put me at no fault so yes insurance companies do take the videos into consideration.

I am in Ontario btw.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
squall458 wrote: I see a $10 coupon and a lower price brining it down to $119.99. 4k doesnt seem worth it if upscaled tho.
Don't get too hung up on a spec like "4K". It's the delivered image quality and detail that matters, and that's a function of the sensor resolution, the sensitivity, and the image processing. It's easy to make a 4K sensor, but if they do it cheap by putting more pixels on the same size image sensor, then the sensitivity is much worse because each pixel is smaller and captures less light. That means the image will be noisy and they'll have to do more smoothing in image processing, and you'll lose the extra detail anyway.

So what you want to do is take a hard look at real-life video samples from the dashcam under different conditions. How much detail can you actually see when the car is moving, under different lighting conditions? Don't rely on the manufacturer's video simples - they have naturally chosen idealized examples captured under optimum conditions.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2004
12143 posts
2762 upvotes
Guelph
Exp315 wrote: Don't get too hung up on a spec like "4K". It's the delivered image quality and detail that matters, and that's a function of the sensor resolution, the sensitivity, and the image processing. It's easy to make a 4K sensor, but if they do it cheap by putting more pixels on the same size image sensor, then the sensitivity is much worse because each pixel is smaller and captures less light. That means the image will be noisy and they'll have to do more smoothing in image processing, and you'll lose the extra detail anyway.

So what you want to do is take a hard look at real-life video samples from the dashcam under different conditions. How much detail can you actually see when the car is moving, under different lighting conditions? Don't rely on the manufacturer's video simples - they have naturally chosen idealized examples captured under optimum conditions.
You are absolutely right but some people see 4K and go ohhhhh I want it without considering any of the factors you mentioned. Looks like a good dash cam though!
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0. Ebay Feedback 200+ and counting. RFD Feedback 71-0-0 and counting. Koodo Member
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1397 upvotes
squall458 wrote: You are absolutely right but some people see 4K and go ohhhhh I want it without considering any of the factors you mentioned. Looks like a good dash cam though!
I won't buy it unless it's got an amplifier pumping out 200 Watts PMPO! Actually make it 300.
Anyway, whatever happened to those guys selling speakers from white vans?
Deal Expert
Jan 12, 2017
23019 posts
6892 upvotes
Scarberia
waiting for 4k at 60fps at 99$ bucks to upgrade..im still using that old a128 vivo 1st gen lol
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)