• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2018 1:40 pm
[OP]
Aug 25, 2003
108 posts
9 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca - Kicker Bullfrog BF100, 200, 400

Cheaper than Best Buy. I've heard them and nothing compares......... JBL, Bose, Ultimate Ears.

I settled on the 100.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3338 posts
1861 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
Jeremiah would be proud.
---
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17723 posts
1758 upvotes
Space for rent
Are these the same people behind those Kicker speakers for seats that vibrate?
[OP]
Aug 25, 2003
108 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
Those were butt shakers....wanted those but seemed to gimmicky.

I like Kicker products... have it in all of my cars. Now they're into portable audio it seems. Going to get a BF200 for the boat today.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6511 posts
3395 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
dssking wrote:
May 15th, 2018 9:31 am
Those were butt shakers....wanted those but seemed to gimmicky.

I like Kicker products... have it in all of my cars. Now they're into portable audio it seems. Going to get a BF200 for the boat today.
Absolutely incorrect.
Buttkickers definitely are not gimmicky when used as intended.
You've mentioned cars & boats, which probably aren't the best applications for them.
Buttkickers in a Home Theater, Racing/Flight Simulator or Gaming Chair are the go-to solution for adding immersion.

The link only shows the BF100's, and I don't see any listings for the other models (200's or 400's).

These Bullfrog BF100's are nothing more than high-powered Bluetooth Speakers...no "shaking" sensations are mentioned anywhere in the description.
At close to $300 each, and ideally you'd need two of them for stereo sound, they also seem to be massively overpriced for what they are.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30076 posts
1342 upvotes
Fernando Po
kanechart wrote:
May 14th, 2018 9:41 pm
Jeremiah would be proud.
Hey, he was a good friend of mine!!
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
17723 posts
1758 upvotes
Space for rent
Woah! wrote:
May 15th, 2018 1:12 pm
Absolutely incorrect.
Buttkickers definitely are not gimmicky when used as intended.
You've mentioned cars & boats, which probably aren't the best applications for them.
Buttkickers in a Home Theater, Racing/Flight Simulator or Gaming Chair are the go-to solution for adding immersion.

The link only shows the BF100's, and I don't see any listings for the other models (200's or 400's).

These Bullfrog BF100's are nothing more than high-powered Bluetooth Speakers...no "shaking" sensations are mentioned anywhere in the description.
At close to $300 each, and ideally you'd need two of them for stereo sound, they also seem to be massively overpriced for what they are.
Can an audio shop install buttkickers in the car?
.I remember Sony released some walkman with headphones that virbrated. I wouldn't be surprised they used similar technology in their ps controllers but the headphones would virbrated slightly and made bassy music so immersive. Drained batteries like mad though. To this day I still look for something similar but to no avail.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6511 posts
3395 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Supercooled wrote:
May 17th, 2018 4:55 am
Can an audio shop install buttkickers in the car?
.I remember Sony released some walkman with headphones that virbrated. I wouldn't be surprised they used similar technology in their ps controllers but the headphones would virbrated slightly and made bassy music so immersive. Drained batteries like mad though. To this day I still look for something similar but to no avail.
I'm sure an automotive audio shop can and do install Buttkickers, but wouldn't a Bass Tube or subwoofers be more effective in a car?

As far as vibrating/rumble headphones go, I use these in my racing/flight sim setup in the games room....sound great and adds some extra immersion.
$34 for blue or red.
https://www.amazon.ca/VersionTech-Headp ... hones&th=1

$19...I think I might pick up a pair of these to test out.
https://www.amazon.ca/KINDEN-Vibration- ... headphones

$46 for 7.1 Surround Sound.
https://www.amazon.ca/VersionTech-Surro ... headphones

No batteries required for any of those, as they use power from USB.
I just use any old 5v USB wall charger and it works great.

In the past I have tried the Skullcandy Crusher headphones, but they didn't vibrate nearly enough to be noticeable.
Oddly, the cheaper ones I listed above also sounded better.
https://www.skullcandy.com/shop/headphones/crusher