Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca lightning deal - Megared omega 120 pills 53%off

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2017 12:04 pm
17 replies
Dec 26, 2010
374 posts
289 upvotes
I always get my Omega-3 Salmon Oil (Jamieson) through our local Jean-Coutu or Uniprix in QC when on sale at $10 for 200 capsules.
They go on sale very often....i basically never paid full price and have never ran out.
I can only assume there are similar drug stores in other provinces ;)
Dec 13, 2016
55 posts
68 upvotes
The megared is krill oil based. Far better absorption. And no fishy after taste like the other brands.
Oct 6, 2012
83 posts
193 upvotes
Calgary
KJ2007 wrote: The megared is krill oil based. Far better absorption. And no fishy after taste like the other brands.
Exactly. No fishy aftertaste is key. Normally too pricey for me but at this price in for one. Thanks OP
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
7403 posts
1790 upvotes
great deal... it still $27 on sale at Costco.
Dec 26, 2010
374 posts
289 upvotes
KJ2007 wrote: The megared is krill oil based. Far better absorption. And no fishy after taste like the other brands.
Ah thanks...I did not know that
Dec 4, 2005
516 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga
Read the label: it's 75mg krill and 430mg fish, roughly 1:6. You will get that aftertaste. Costco deal is better, much higher EPA and DHA content, almost double of what megared has. Also 300 vs 120 counts. I use Costco, it's actually pretty good, most days I don't have aftertaste at all. I noticed that it comes only if I had warm drinks soon after taking Omega 3 - like tea or coffee. If I wait ~ 1hr or so it's usually fine.
Dec 25, 2006
750 posts
785 upvotes
Winnipeg
Yes, megared is Krill oil based, NOT pure Krill oil. Plus, there's very little evidence that it's better absorption. Everything I've ever read references one very small study of 120 ppl. Maybe no fishy aftertaste but I've also read people have reported increased gas and bloating from krill....
People will believe what they want to believe whether fact or fiction.
'tis most frustrating when they aren't open to see and/or learn which is which.
Dec 30, 2015
94 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
Cardiologist at the Ottawa University Heart Institute said to me that EPA + DHA must be at least 1000mg to be heart healthy. These capsules are reported to have 50 mg EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 24 mg DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). Based on the advice I was given these capsules fail to meet the criteria (would have to consume 14 capsules per day). You may need to consult with an expert for your needs.

I don't know how you measure absorption. Sounds like marketing.
Last edited by rockyrye on Apr 7th, 2017 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 8, 2007
631 posts
142 upvotes
Thanks OP looks like a good deal to me.
Silly Rabbit, Trix are for Kids!
Nov 20, 2016
222 posts
139 upvotes
Do they cause cancer? Prevent it? Have any benefit at all? Think twice.
Dec 30, 2015
94 posts
42 upvotes
Ottawa
Poutinesauce wrote: I think Triglycerides oils are much better. It means paying more for Nordic Naturals or for Carlson's Liquid.
Just checked out Carlson Labs The Very Finest Norwegian Fish Oil. It has EPA 800mg + DHA 500mg. That is good stuff.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1221 posts
1347 upvotes
Calgary
We buy Omax3 in our house. It's pricy, but I don't think anything else on the market touches it for purity and EPA/DHA content.
Mar 7, 2006
535 posts
327 upvotes
Mississauga
According to labdoor which does analytical testing on Omega-3 and other supplements this oil is not a good choice. It's ranked 30th out of the 53 they tested on quality and 40th on value: https://labdoor.com/review/schiff-megar ... -krill-oil

Their fish oil rankings are here: https://labdoor.com/rankings/fish-oil with their testing methodology and results here: https://labdoor.com/rankings/fish-oil/report

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)