Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca MJJC Foam Cannons $9, various adapters

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 6:38 pm
Apr 5, 2008
653 posts
76 upvotes
Crap so the fitting is 1/4" BSP, not NPT? The $9 special units on Amazon are only for a select few styles. It doesn't seem Princess Auto has the necessary adapters?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8579 posts
1268 upvotes
I ordered this one
https://www.amazon.ca/Pressure-Washer-K ... words=mjjc
With the M22 thread, last night at PA, bought a male M22 to female 1/4" adapter, as well as 1/4" QC adapter... $4 and $3 respectively...
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8032434e
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8032513e

So, with those pieces, $17 tax in for the set, if the fitting is right. Will know in a couple of days.

I see that there are more listed, but currently not available. Will be interesting to see if prices hold this low. I have not tried the chemical guys ones, but it will be tough for them to justify their pricing now. I can say that the LEMONBEST one, has a durable brass head, and the bottle, although opaque, is pretty thick.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3575 posts
554 upvotes
Vancouver
yeah got mine delivered today but the 1/4 QC adapter doesn't thread all the way in compared to the OEM adapter it came with. I will play round with it more
Jan 13, 2004
511 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
Received mine today. The threads are straight threads and not NPT...
Mar 3, 2011
304 posts
138 upvotes
Just ordered one of the few remaining cannons left, looks like all I will need is the 1/4 NTPM pressure washer coupler to finish this off.

Thanks guys.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1097 posts
396 upvotes
markopas wrote:
May 15th, 2017 11:34 am
Just ordered one of the few remaining cannons left, looks like all I will need is the 1/4 NTPM pressure washer coupler to finish this off.

Thanks guys.
I think Turbo Slug just said these are not NPT threaded..
turbo_slug wrote:
May 15th, 2017 3:39 am
Received mine today. The threads are straight threads and not NPT...
which explains why the previous poster (Hesp) said "the 1/4 QC adapter doesn't thread all the way in"

so the Princess Auto 1/4 quick connect will probably leak when you turn on your pressure washer.
Mar 3, 2011
304 posts
138 upvotes
fluidmax wrote:
May 15th, 2017 12:02 pm
I think Turbo Slug just said these are not NPT threaded..

which explains why the previous poster (Hesp) said "the 1/4 QC adapter doesn't thread all the way in"

so the Princess Auto 1/4 quick connect will probably leak when you turn on your pressure washer.
Isnt that why you use plumbers tape like in @randyhaley pic?
Jan 13, 2004
511 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
markopas wrote:
May 15th, 2017 12:16 pm
Isnt that why you use plumbers tape like in @randyhaley pic?
Straight (parallel) threads are not intended to be used with taper threads. Furthermore, your male NPT (tapered) fitting is even more mismatched if the sprayer has a female BSP (parallel) thread. i know the sprayer has parallel threads. i have yet to measure the threads to determine if they are BSPP, as indicated by the manufacturer's website accessories for the sprayer.
Jan 13, 2004
511 posts
76 upvotes
Vancouver
So I finally had time to measure the thread pitch on the foam cannon. It's 19TPI which correlates with the specs for 1/4" BSPP. That also explains why another user was not able to thread the princessauto adaptor in all the way. 1/4" NPT is 18TPI. My 18TPI thread gauge did not fit the threads.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1097 posts
396 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote:
May 15th, 2017 4:22 pm
So I finally had time to measure the thread pitch on the foam cannon. It's 19TPI which correlates with the specs for 1/4" BSPP. That also explains why another user was not able to thread the princessauto adaptor in all the way. 1/4" NPT is 18TPI. My 18TPI thread gauge did not fit the threads.
Conclusion, these will not fit the princesses auto 1/4 quick connect and most likely will leak when used if you force it on there. Might want to invest in a MJJC 1/4 connect instead.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel