[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca MJJC Foam Cannons $9, various adapters

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 20th, 2017 7:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8632 posts
1282 upvotes
So, yeah, it's nearly impossible to find a fitting, unless you go to the site, pay $8 US plus $7 shipping... so with the $9 Canadian, you're up to the Lemonbest price anyhow. BOoo... I may at this price though keep it, in case I break my other bottle, etc.

If only I could find this...

Through google images, but when I click visit site, it goes to just general fittings
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8632 posts
1282 upvotes
Szharkov wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:41 am
Can try using pipe dope to seal the threads. Looks like the angle of the threads are different (55 vs 60) so there wont be a perfect seal.

McMasterCarr has the adapter - 4936K119

https://www.mcmaster.com/#bspp-to-npt-p ... s/=17nhksk
What about retapping at 3/8"? I am just throwing that out there, but since it's brass is that possible or would the threads just basically crumble? Oh well, it was a pipe dream at $9, guess someone at the Amazon warehouse is laughing ("Jim, remember all those GOOFIE threaded cannons we got, and thought we were stuck with...")

Jan 13, 2004
529 posts
78 upvotes
Vancouver
if you take apart the cannon and remove all the plastic pieces, you can probably thread a brass 1/4" NPT - quick connect adaptor into the threads then solder it on for a tight seal?

the other option would be to buy the 1/4" qc to BSP adaptor off of aliexpress for $8ish then wait all summer for it to arrive.
Last edited by turbo_slug on May 16th, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 9, 2008
379 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
jackass_ca wrote:
May 16th, 2017 11:51 am
What about retapping at 3/8"? I am just throwing that out there, but since it's brass is that possible or would the threads just basically crumble? Oh well, it was a pipe dream at $9, guess someone at the Amazon warehouse is laughing ("Jim, remember all those GOOFIE threaded cannons we got, and thought we were stuck with...")
Can try tapping with 3/8" if there is enough meat.

1/4" X 18 NPT - Drill Size 7/16
3/8" X 18 NPT - Drill Size 37/64
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1140 posts
450 upvotes
jackass_ca wrote:
So, yeah, it's nearly impossible to find a fitting, unless you go to the site, pay $8 US plus $7 shipping... so with the $9 Canadian, you're up to the Lemonbest price anyhow. BOoo... I may at this price though keep it, in case I break my other bottle, etc.

If only I could find this...

Through google images, but when I click visit site, it goes to just general fittings
Perhaps an update on the first post to help warning other potential deal seekers?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8632 posts
1282 upvotes
I will say one thing, if there is a way to find this adapter, do so... The MJJC one is miles beyond the Lemonbest one... unless I got a dud. I got an MJJC one with QC for $31 before it went out of stock, and just tried it, and the foam that goes on the car is so much thicker. The Lemonbest one is like foamy water. This one, is like a blanket of foam and it literally slowly slides off the car, bringing dirt etc with it

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8632 posts
1282 upvotes
turbo_slug wrote:
May 16th, 2017 12:01 pm
if you take apart the cannon and remove all the plastic pieces, you can probably thread a brass 1/4" NPT - quick connect adaptor into the threads then solder it on for a tight seal?

the other option would be to buy the 1/4" qc to BSP adaptor off of aliexpress for $8ish then wait all summer for it to arrive.
Where is that one?
Don't mind waiting.

Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3619 posts
644 upvotes
Halifax
GiOBoY wrote:
May 12th, 2017 12:24 pm
No love for Karcher owners from MJJC?
I had to order a $15 adapter on Ebay, from overseas for my Karacher. Then another adapter from princess auto.

The joys...
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1140 posts
450 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:08 pm
I had to order a $15 adapter on Ebay, from overseas for my Karacher. Then another adapter from princess auto.

The joys...
Might as well just buy the whole thing from AliExpress for like $30
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2004
2068 posts
44 upvotes
neverhaveiever wrote:
May 16th, 2017 1:08 pm

The joys...
Why another adapter?
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
3619 posts
644 upvotes
Halifax
express.items wrote:
May 16th, 2017 2:03 pm
Why another adapter?
because...karcher... the adapter needed another adapter. a straight adapter didnt exist, not unless you modified the foam canon which was a different adapter again
Aug 4, 2006
242 posts
54 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
Instead of using teflon or pipe dope ... why not try JB weld. I would think that should work.
Aug 9, 2010
263 posts
91 upvotes
Szharkov wrote:
Can try using pipe dope to seal the threads. Looks like the angle of the threads are different (55 vs 60) so there wont be a perfect seal.

McMasterCarr has the adapter - 4936K119

https://www.mcmaster.com/#bspp-to-npt-p ... s/=17nhksk
Pipe dope and teflon tape are primarily for lubrication purposes. They're not intended to really seal anything.

NPT (National Pipe Taper) is a tapered thread which is sealed via the taper. Two pieces are essentially friction fit together to form a seal. All pipe dope or teflon tape are really doing is allowing you to tighten the pieces further due to the reduced friction.
Apr 5, 2008
654 posts
76 upvotes
2flags wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:23 pm
Instead of using teflon or pipe dope ... why not try JB weld. I would think that should work.
You could probably just force the 1/4" BSP connection into a 1/4" NPT adapter of some sort with some JB weld/epoxy and that will work as long as you plan on never removing that connection.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1402 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto
neverhaveiever wrote:
May 16th, 2017 3:18 pm
because...karcher... the adapter needed another adapter. a straight adapter didnt exist, not unless you modified the foam canon which was a different adapter again
This would work, no?
http://s.aliexpress.com/ZRzUvqEF