[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
8853 posts
1373 upvotes
hesp wrote:
May 18th, 2017 1:58 pm
can u provide the Ali link? Thanks
Someone earlier in the thread had mentioned one for $8 shipped from Aliexpress. no link, but I found this one... It says in the first line of the description that it is for MJJC snow foam lances. From the MJJC site, their part is about $8 US, plus shipping... but looks the same, and appears that MJJC only uses that one type of fitting for QC
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quick-R ... 1a2c4a3e91
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Aug 19, 2012
585 posts
69 upvotes
reyoasian wrote:
May 12th, 2017 12:35 pm
great foam canon
got mine for $22 off of aliexpress (few years ago)
fits my AR Blue perfectly, and foam is nice and thick

i used to have a MTM one which i sold after my karcher broke (got it on a special promotion and sold at same price, so broke even), and this one is literally no different
Can you link me to the one you use with your AR blue? i would liek to get one for mine
Jan 13, 2004
589 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
jackass_ca wrote:
May 18th, 2017 2:34 pm
Someone earlier in the thread had mentioned one for $8 shipped from Aliexpress. no link, but I found this one... It says in the first line of the description that it is for MJJC snow foam lances. From the MJJC site, their part is about $8 US, plus shipping... but looks the same, and appears that MJJC only uses that one type of fitting for QC
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Quick-R ... 1a2c4a3e91
I ordered one for $6ish. It was listed as G1/4" thread.

G1/4" = 1/4" bsp
Mar 3, 2011
447 posts
173 upvotes
I just got confirmation back that the link I posted on BG is BSP - there is a discount after 5, 10 and 15 units - so if people wanna pool together and buy what they have, let me know.

6 units left, if I order three they are $3.64 a piece comes out to $10.92 with their own coupon code, total is $9.61 shipped.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3769 posts
623 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm chicken to use the 1/4 one I bought so I I just disconnected the wand and use the M22 adapter that came with the cannon and tried it ; it leaked on me but still worked. Mind you I didn't put Teflon tape on it so that was prob the reason why but it did work pretty decent
Oct 20, 2010
48 posts
1 upvote
BC
Just used one of these to take out a wasp's nest Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Filled with 60-40 dishwashing liquid and water, then let 'er rip
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3769 posts
623 upvotes
Vancouver
so I put Teflon tape on the M22 and reattached to the wand and it worked great but unfortunately don't have the quick connect so will have to wait till my ebay order arrives and try that adapter
Aug 4, 2006
272 posts
66 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
hesp wrote:
May 28th, 2017 11:31 pm
so I put Teflon tape on the M22 and reattached to the wand and it worked great but unfortunately don't have the quick connect so will have to wait till my ebay order arrives and try that adapter
Please let us know how it turns out. Thanks.
Sep 3, 2002
681 posts
187 upvotes
GTA
I bought one of these last year, but have yet to use it. I have the 1/4" quick connector, but I find the quick connector rocks a bit when attached to my wand. With the OEM nozzles, they have some plastic molding that seems to add additional support on the wand. But this thing is so large and heavy when full, that it droops down a little. Visually, the connectors look identical to my OEM nozzles, but I've assumed the connection should be solid with no up and down play. How tight should it be?
Aug 4, 2006
272 posts
66 upvotes
GTA - Gwill
turbo_slug wrote:
May 31st, 2017 3:44 am
If anyone still needs to purchase a 1/4" QC to 1/4" BSP adaptor, this is the one I ordered and confirmed fits.

It's item F. Shipping was very quick. Took less than 2weeks to arrive.

https://m.aliexpress.com/s/item/32806823215.html

Much thanks. BTW, how was it shipped? By China Post? Experiencing delays from some previous Far East shipments.
Mar 3, 2011
447 posts
173 upvotes
I ordered mine from eBay from a guy in Australia still not yet received but I'm not worried - was said that it would be 7-21 business days before getting it.
Jan 13, 2004
589 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
2flags wrote:
May 31st, 2017 1:38 pm
Much thanks. BTW, how was it shipped? By China Post? Experiencing delays from some previous Far East shipments.
AliExpress shipping .
Note the bubble envelope arrived with a Canada Post Expedited label from Ontario. Underneith the label was the original AliExpress shipping label.
Jan 13, 2004
589 posts
93 upvotes
Vancouver
Just a follow-up after trying the foam lance with meguiars ultimate wash. Used the smaller orifice with my electric pressure washer. The foam lance works great for producing foam. Can't say the foam actually helps clean the car though.

I also used the foam cannon to apply a diluted solution of "skunk begone" to my lawn. The stuff comes in a 32oz spray bottle but I found it to be too strong and also too difficult to spray evenly and get full coverage when applied by hand. Using the foam cannon, I only used 100ml of the product diluted in the 1liter bottle and got the entire lawn deodorized.

For anyone wanting extra bottles for their foam lance, note you can use any standard spray bottle. Eg, the 32oz spray bottles from Dollarama will thread of onto the foam lance.