Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca Prime members only: 90 days of Audible membership free + $5 Amazon.ca credit

Aug 31, 2007
462 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
McGarnagle wrote: Ah the problem is there is literally no cancel button on the mobile page, only on desktop. What scumbag design
That design is intentional. And it's called Dark Patterns...

You have to login on your computer and then go to Account Details section
screenshot --> https://imgur.com/D1WQ8cj
Telus - SMB Plan from RBC 150gb CA-US-MX Roaming - $45/m
>>> Message Me <<<
May 14, 2012
279 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
So I joined July 15 for the 3 month trial, got all my three credits. Haven't used them yet.

When I checked the details of my account, it says the next billing date is Oct 16, but my next free credit is Oct 15.

So it looks like I get one more free credit (4 total) before the end of the free trial. Am I reading this right?
screenshot-www.audible.ca-Account Details _ Audible.ca-2019.09.26-18_51_19.png
screenshot-www.audible.ca-Credit Summary _ Audible.ca-2019.09.26-18_50_45.png
Mar 14, 2010
105 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
steerwheel wrote: So I joined July 15 for the 3 month trial, got all my three credits. Haven't used them yet.

When I checked the details of my account, it says the next billing date is Oct 16, but my next free credit is Oct 15.

So it looks like I get one more free credit (4 total) before the end of the free trial. Am I reading this right?

screenshot-www.audible.ca-Account Details _ Audible.ca-2019.09.26-18_51_19.pngscreenshot-www.audible.ca-Credit Summary _ Audible.ca-2019.09.26-18_50_45.png
That's what I'm seeing on my profile too! So I'm assuming that means I get 4 free books. However, I've yet to read anywhere online where it says you can get 4 free books from this sort of deal... it's always 3.
May 14, 2012
279 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
changetomorrowtoday wrote: That's what I'm seeing on my profile too! So I'm assuming that means I get 4 free books. However, I've yet to read anywhere online where it says you can get 4 free books from this sort of deal... it's always 3.
Good to know it is not just me! I guess many people have already cancelled after receiving the third credit.
Mar 14, 2010
105 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
steerwheel wrote: Good to know it is not just me! I guess many people have already cancelled after receiving the third credit.
I just realized that I get my free credits on the 16th of each month at 12:10am and not the 15th. I suspect it might be the same way here and even though they say we are going to get a free credit today, we'll get it tomorrow instead and have to pay a fee.

So unless you get a free credit, it might be prudent to cancel now.
Aug 30, 2015
837 posts
1328 upvotes
BC
I too cancelled today. Just in case it's useful to anyone here's what I was presented with when I cancelled online:

1) Option to "pause" for 30, 60 and 90 days (keep your credit balance during the pause).
2) Option continue at a reduced rate of $7.49/month instead of the $14.95/month for the next 3 months (still with 1 credit per month).
3) Option to still cancel.

After cancelling, you're only left with "Start membership, $14.95/month. Cancel anytime."

So, if you're someone who likes the product and plans to continue with a paid membership you can still save some money by starting the cancellation process then choosing option #2.
May 14, 2012
279 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
changetomorrowtoday wrote: I just realized that I get my free credits on the 16th of each month at 12:10am and not the 15th. I suspect it might be the same way here and even though they say we are going to get a free credit today, we'll get it tomorrow instead and have to pay a fee.

So unless you get a free credit, it might be prudent to cancel now.
This is interesting. I dug up the emails I received from Audible and it seems the time you receive the credit is close to the time you first joined.

So I got the welcome email at around 8:30pm and got the emails for my last 2 credit at around 8:37 to 8:48 pm PST. So I'm hoping there will still be enough time for me to use the credit and then cancel.

Is yours eastern time? I assume Audible uses PST so you might still be ok.
Mar 14, 2010
105 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
steerwheel wrote: This is interesting. I dug up the emails I received from Audible and it seems the time you receive the credit is close to the time you first joined.

So I got the welcome email at around 8:30pm and got the emails for my last 2 credit at around 8:37 to 8:48 pm PST. So I'm hoping there will still be enough time for me to use the credit and then cancel.

Is yours eastern time? I assume Audible uses PST so you might still be ok.
I see what you're saying friend and that might work. But I'd rather not risk it. :) I've already cancelled. Let me know if you end up getting the 4th one.
May 14, 2012
279 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
changetomorrowtoday wrote: I see what you're saying friend and that might work. But I'd rather not risk it. :) I've already cancelled. Let me know if you end up getting the 4th one.
NO!
It didn't work. :(
Didn't receive any credit. Then at around 9pm pst I noticed my account status changed from 90-day trial to 1 month membership, so I cancelled right away. I didn't have any credit card on file so should be ok.

The way they specified the dates of free credits and billiing I really thought I was gonna to get a 4th Confused Face
Mar 14, 2010
105 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
steerwheel wrote: NO!
It didn't work. :(
Didn't receive any credit. Then at around 9pm pst I noticed my account status changed from 90-day trial to 1 month membership, so I cancelled right away. I didn't have any credit card on file so should be ok.

The way they specified the dates of free credits and billiing I really thought I was gonna to get a 4th Confused Face
Man... almost thought we found another hack. I'm glad you didn't get charged!