Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca Prime members only: 90 days of Audible membership free + $5 Amazon.ca credit

Oct 3, 2018
40 posts
54 upvotes
I'm guessing this is only for new members? I'm actually a paying active member. Yes $14.95 for one Audiobook is expensive, but I realized you can use it more like a Netflix service.

Audible has a policy where they will allow you to return any audiobook within 1 year for your credit back. It's a no questions asked policy from what I understand.

So usually I'll just use up my credits as they come. Then when I want to listen to something new and I don't have any credits left, I'll look through my library and see which book I didn't really like that much and exchange it for a credit to listen to something new.

So it's basically a Netflix for Audiobooks.
Feb 6, 2016
389 posts
270 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Gtaphotog wrote:
Jul 15th, 2019 10:32 pm
Reorder these according to when they came out or were posted here so it's easier to build a promo timeline.
i heard later amazon will open donation center to give away free $$ when you register and stay with them
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
828 posts
637 upvotes
rcayco wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 3:40 am

Audible has a policy where they will allow you to return any audiobook within 1 year for your credit back. It's a no questions asked policy from what I understand.
Trial members too?
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3994 posts
1849 upvotes
Signed up and got an email saying I got a $5 credit but I checked my amazon credits and it’s nowhere to be found?

Edit: Never mind, it shows up in the cart only.

How do we cancel, I don’t see anything anywhere on amazon or audible?
Last edited by Sejad on Jul 16th, 2019 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 21, 2007
837 posts
385 upvotes
moncton
rcayco wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 3:40 am
I'm guessing this is only for new members? I'm actually a paying active member. Yes $14.95 for one Audiobook is expensive, but I realized you can use it more like a Netflix service.

So usually I'll just use up my credits as they come. Then when I want to listen to something new and I don't have any credits left, I'll look through my library and see which book I didn't really like that much and exchange it for a credit to listen to something new.

So it's basically a Netflix for Audiobooks.
Netflix works nothing like this with scrounging for credits and such...
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
turtlepower11 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 1:31 am
I claimed the promo even though I did the free promo last year. It then showed "The Audible free trial offer is only available to new members" . But checked my Audible account and it shows the 90-day free ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Did it show you the option for 30 day trial instead and did you get the $5?
Dec 31, 2007
373 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
hvwozq wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 5:59 am
Wait, so, without the promotion, this service wants $14.95 per month, and then you also have to pay for each audiobook?
The $14.95 gets you one free credit/book a month, any book after that is charged at the price listed. So it is in your best interest to make sure you select the most expensive book you want to read first with the credit and then buy the cheaper one later.. or you can return the first book after you listen to it and get your credit back and apply it to another book , thus you can get 2 or more free if you keep doing this (try not to abuse though).

However when you cancel the free trial select too expensive for the reason and you can get a cheaper monthly rate for a few more months, so be sure to select this reason when canceling.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7935 posts
1844 upvotes
Scarberia
This site can’t be reached The webpage at https://www.audible.ca/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Sep 8, 2017
6 posts
12 upvotes
I could have sworn there were some free audiobooks that you could download with this - but I can't seem to find them, or Amazon has hidden them. Anyone know how to find them on audible.ca?
Nov 4, 2004
51 posts
45 upvotes
What if I cancel the Prime membership before the 90 day Audible trial is over: do I lost the extra Audible days? Or is it still the full 90?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5980 posts
1733 upvotes
Montreal
So QC peeps are required to pay the membership for the 3 months free and Amazon credit? :(