Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca Prime members only: 90 days of Audible membership free + $5 Amazon.ca credit

Sep 2, 2014
19 posts
11 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion
I just created a new temporary Billing address to bypass the Quebec restriction. I used the address from the Toronto City Hall ;)

It works that way!
Jan 24, 2016
84 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got an email about the credit but I don't see it in my account? Where did it show up for you guys
May 23, 2012
115 posts
11 upvotes
i dont really understand.
this membership can let you listen any bookfor free?
or just some limited book for free and you have to pay the one you want?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
7850 posts
1819 upvotes
Scarberia
lol once u cancel, u lose that one credit,and u lose all membership rights right away! epic fail lol..i didn't even get one book!
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
5581 posts
3469 upvotes
Turonno
mikka2017 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 10:35 am
lol once u cancel, u lose that one credit,and u lose all membership rights right away! epic fail lol..i didn't even get one book!
I think you need to USE the credit on a book...and then you get to keep that book forever (?).

Waiting for the credit and will then cancel...public libraries provide audiobooks for free.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
5975 posts
1731 upvotes
Montreal
Is the credit only on items sold by Amazon?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3413 posts
2417 upvotes
Madevilz wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 12:15 pm
Is the credit only on items sold by Amazon?
Ya you'll see the $5 promo credit on checkout of an item that's shipped and sold by Amazon.
Jan 10, 2009
819 posts
322 upvotes
Toronto
Just remember everyone, if you cancel without using the credits they disappear. It's not a cancellation at the end of the period, it's an immediate cancellation. However if you use the credits, then cancel, you'll keep the books forever (well as long as Audible is around.)
Nov 6, 2016
797 posts
739 upvotes
I see a lot of posts about canceling after receiving the $5 promotion and as a listener of audio books I really must say you're missing out if you don't give it a shot. You might as well try some out since you get 3 for free!

For those that don't have experience with audio books or worse... have been forced to listen to some really dry narrators, I feel your pain -- BUT things have changed! There are some really fantastic narrators out there now and my preference is for authors that are willing to narrate their own work. When an author reads their book to an audience, I find there is some extra passion and understanding in how they convey the message to the listener.

Here are some recommendations of audio books available through Audible that are read by the author with links to the Good Reads review:

Bill Bryson - A Short History of Nearly Everything
Neil deGrasse - Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
David Suzuki - Letters to My Grandchildren
Richard Dawkins - The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution
Malcolm Gladwell - The Tipping Point
Stephen Dubner - Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
Bill Nye - Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation

And here's some fun fiction, not read by the author but the narrator does a great job:
The Martian
Ready Player One
Artemis
Armada

Enjoy!
Apr 19, 2014
215 posts
106 upvotes
Mascouche, QC
indeals wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 3:55 pm
Here are some recommendations of audio books available through Audible that are read by the author with links to the Good Reads review:
Thanks for the recommendations.
Which one of the first 7 you mentioned would you say is your favorite?
Nov 6, 2016
797 posts
739 upvotes
Xadrunas wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 8:40 pm
Thanks for the recommendations.
Which one of the first 7 you mentioned would you say is your favorite?
That's tough, but I would go with Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. It's quite lengthy so a great value as an audio book but what I appreciated most would be the vast topics discussed and how he brought "everything" together.
Dec 10, 2014
588 posts
379 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Are the 3 credits usable immediately, or 1 per month?