Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon.ca Prime members only: 90 days of Audible membership free + $5 Amazon.ca credit

Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17063 posts
23520 upvotes
ONTARIO
McGarnagle wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 10:01 pm
Are the 3 credits usable immediately, or 1 per month?
It's one per month and you get your first one immediately. So if you signed up today, you will get your 2nd credit August 16th and your 3rd September 16th. Soon as you get your last credit and have redeemed it, you should cancel unless you plan on keeping the subscription @ $14.95/month.
Also don't cancel with credits still on the account because you apparently lose them immediately when you cancel.
Any books you bought with credits are yours to keep so whether you cancel or not, you own them.
Last edited by BobSagget on Jul 16th, 2019 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3214 posts
2231 upvotes
If CSR tells you any of the gc promo credits will take a day or two to be in your account simply explain how you need them today for your prime day purchases and they should be able to do it for you.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3966 posts
1761 upvotes
How do we cancel this audible account???
Nov 21, 2012
518 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Sejad wrote:
Jul 17th, 2019 5:52 am
How do we cancel this audible account???
Sep 1, 2017
76 posts
59 upvotes
I had bad experience with Audible in the past. Hidden charges despite explicitly cancelling it once (apparently a confusion between .com and .ca versions). I'd avoid them at all costs.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2007
1866 posts
868 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP, got my $5 credits and cancelled easily today.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6635 posts
1231 upvotes
Mont-Royal
did the 5$ disappear cuz we are not more prime days? or prime mebership finish?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Jan 19, 2003
186 posts
30 upvotes
Not sure why this is in 'Expired Deals'. The link still works and I get the offer for the 90 day trial but not the five dollar credit. Is the 90 day trial standard?
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17063 posts
23520 upvotes
ONTARIO
So what are people using their credits on?

I couldn't think of anything but then finally remembered I'd always wanted to check out the fantasy series, The Wheel of Time. Bought the first book The Eye of the World with a credit. Normally costs around $40! The book is also 30 hours long lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2005
1581 posts
390 upvotes
St. John's
Anyone else still waiting on your first credit? It says I will get one 8/16 - one month after signing up. I thought I should have had one to use during the first month?
Penalty Box
Apr 19, 2017
828 posts
633 upvotes
Chew300ZX wrote:
Jul 30th, 2019 11:25 am
Anyone else still waiting on your first credit? It says I will get one 8/16 - one month after signing up. I thought I should have had one to use during the first month?
I got my first one instantly after signing up.
CucuCovers, GreatCanadianRebates, LendingLoop, Mintos, PayMi, Stack, Tangerine, TransferWise, Uber, Wealthsimple
Nov 10, 2016
975 posts
365 upvotes
BC
indeals wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 3:55 pm
I see a lot of posts about canceling after receiving the $5 promotion and as a listener of audio books I really must say you're missing out if you don't give it a shot. You might as well try some out since you get 3 for free!

For those that don't have experience with audio books or worse... have been forced to listen to some really dry narrators, I feel your pain -- BUT things have changed! There are some really fantastic narrators out there now and my preference is for authors that are willing to narrate their own work. When an author reads their book to an audience, I find there is some extra passion and understanding in how they convey the message to the listener.

Here are some recommendations of audio books available through Audible that are read by the author with links to the Good Reads review:

Bill Bryson - A Short History of Nearly Everything
Neil deGrasse - Astrophysics for People in a Hurry
David Suzuki - Letters to My Grandchildren
Richard Dawkins - The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution
Malcolm Gladwell - The Tipping Point
Stephen Dubner - Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
Bill Nye - Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation

And here's some fun fiction, not read by the author but the narrator does a great job:
The Martian
Ready Player One
Artemis
Armada

Enjoy!
just finished Ready Player One... thank you for the recommendation...
Now I want to watch the movie again...
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1537 posts
126 upvotes
The bonus 3 free book credit issued, can they be used for any book on audible? Or is it only certain ones, if so what is the criteria?
Jul 6, 2009
361 posts
42 upvotes
reggyDeal wrote:
Sep 8th, 2019 9:30 pm
The bonus 3 free book credit issued, can they be used for any book on audible? Or is it only certain ones, if so what is the criteria?
Anybook.

I signed up for the trial about a month ago.
Got The Stand by Stephen King as my first.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
17063 posts
23520 upvotes
ONTARIO
If you signed up on day one of this thread being posted, the third and final free credit will be available on September 15th! Make sure to use it up and cancel your subscription afterwards if you don't plan on continuing.

So far I've only used up my first credit. Still have my August credit to use.
Still listening to the first book from The Wheel of Time series from my first credit (it's a very long book), but I am enjoying it. Will probably buy book 2 with my second credit.