Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca: Tacklife DM01M Advanced Digital Multimeter - 27.29$ (with coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 5:37 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
mkylau wrote: Any comments of how it compares to the multimeter on sale at Princess Auto? This one is bluetooth-enabled, seems handy.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8735581e
Missing a lot of features this one has
Oct 16, 2004
351 posts
11 upvotes
not too familiar with Multimeters... which are the main features that are missing and are they necessary in a residential setting?

the most glaring difference i see that the maximum range for AC and DC is higher on the Tacklife, is the higher range needed?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mkylau wrote: not too familiar with Multimeters... which are the main features that are missing and are they necessary in a residential setting?

the most glaring difference i see that the maximum range for AC and DC is higher on the Tacklife, is the higher range needed?
Live wire checker, flashlight... these are things that aren't that common in Multimeters.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Oct 15, 2012
442 posts
461 upvotes
Sudbury
Went for 1 thanks OP-- $27.29 CDN all in to Ontario.

Placed on Friday, November 17, 2017

Tacklife DM01M Advanced Digital Multimeter Trms 6000 Counts Tester Non Contact Voltage Detection Amp Ohm Volt Multi Meter Temperature, Live Line, with Lcd Backlit, Black
Tools & Hardware Sold by TacklifeDirect Condition: New

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 38.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 5.90
Promotion Applied: -CDN$ 17.60
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 0.00
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00

Order Total: CDN$ 27.29
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49009 posts
10302 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Does anyone know if the live wire test is based on detection on the meter itself, or the thermocouples? Would it be able to test individual wires like a testing pen would - for example, to see which wire is live, which is not. Thanks.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Here is the youtube review

Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4370 upvotes
Winnipeg
secretliar wrote: Too bad there's "CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs."

Good find OP, thanks :)
that is bad. Here I was worried about electrocution Now they could choke!!....I guess its an elmo doll for christmas.

Oct 3, 2016
81 posts
57 upvotes
I want this solely for the single probe live tester.
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
14972 posts
213943 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

Looks like the coupon expired. :) Good while it lasted... :D

Ju Leon...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
6578 posts
9073 upvotes
Lightning deal with only 30 minutes left. However, most cheap clamp meter normally don't do a good job, not sure if it worth it.

Tacklife Digital Clamp Meter, CM03 Auto-Ranging 6000 Counts Multimeter for AC/DC Voltage, AC Current, Frequency, Resistance, NCV, AC signal frequency, with LCD Backlit Display - $29.99

https://www.amazon.ca/Tacklife-CM03-Aut ... TNTMX098DP

inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

Looks like the coupon expired. :) Good while it lasted... :D

Ju Leon...
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
Got mine today. Didn't know they work on weekends. Very fast standard free shipping.

The multi-meter is huge (that's what ... said Face With Tears Of Joy) compared to my old little one. The NCV function is nice and works on the right prong of any outlet when touched upon. I wish the lights stayed on longer or either they gave you an option to turn it on/off however long you wanted, 15 seconds isn't so bad. The flashlight is a nice touch, it is not a super bright LED, but gets the job done when your subject is closer to the multi-meter. Taking the battery out isn't too hard, but mine for some reason, the back stand doesn't really want to sit flush and sticks out a tiny bit when the stand is retracted back in.

I wish the backside allowed the test lead wires to fully rest against the backside. Seems like you can only rest the top half of the leads on top even though it looks like it has a cutout to put the whole leads through...hmmm. (Edit: Wow I'm a noob, it does allow the test leads to fully rest, you just need to push harder and the holder expands to fit the leads Face With Tears Of Joy)

Now off to play with the rest of the device, awesome deal so far, I like the beefy construction.