Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon Canada: Philips hue dimmer kit $29.99 (lowest)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2019 12:53 pm
Oct 23, 2005
673 posts
177 upvotes
***EDIT*** Fake News (Unless you need a New hub at a discount lol)

Heads up for folks that are new to Hue.
In the pic, the box clearly states, "Works out of the box". Unless something has changed very recently, this is not true, you will also require a Phillips hue bridge for it to work. See here

Ironically, I have an extra from a bundle that I will let go for almost half that price of you're in Mississauga
Last edited by specs_bv on Jun 19th, 2019 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 2, 2003
577 posts
353 upvotes
York
specs_bv wrote: Heads up for folks that are new to Hue.
In the pic, the box clearly states, "Works out of the box". Unless something has changed very recently, this is not true, you will also require a Phillips hue bridge for it to work. See here
Ironically, I have an extra from a bundle that I will let go for almost half that price of you're in Mississauga
If you are just going to use the dimmer switch with only the included bulb then you don't need the hub.
Sep 27, 2005
799 posts
194 upvotes
specs_bv wrote: Heads up for folks that are new to Hue.
I have two of these kits working without a bridge.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
Shipping slipped to 1-2 months, but I'm nearly certain it would ship before that...
Oct 23, 2005
673 posts
177 upvotes
luckystrike wrote: If you are just going to use the dimmer switch with only the included bulb then you don't need the hub.
mr_saturn wrote: I have two of these kits working without a bridge.
Ugh, Thanks guys, now I look like some jerk just trying to off his hub Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes. I was always under the impression that you needed the hub for everything Hue related.
This completely changes what gifts I'm giving people this year!
Feb 13, 2016
866 posts
1163 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Great deal, thanks OP

Just bought 4, wtf is wrong with me
Real question is what isn't wrong with you
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
onthemove wrote: Real question is what isn't wrong with you
Well, I don't say things like: "Real question is what isn't wrong with you" to people on the internet, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
Can any homekit users comment:

To add these devices to homekit, I'll need a hue hub? otherwise, they can only communicate with each other and setup via the hue app?
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2627 posts
947 upvotes
Can the switch be programmed to do anything else (e.g. smart socket), or it only works with Hue?
Feb 20, 2018
213 posts
210 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: Can any homekit users comment:

To add these devices to homekit, I'll need a hue hub? otherwise, they can only communicate with each other and setup via the hue app?
Correct.
Feb 13, 2016
866 posts
1163 upvotes
kimwoobingsu wrote: Well, I don't say things like: "Real question is what isn't wrong with you" to people on the internet, so I got that going for me which is nice.

Slightly Smiling Face
So proud of you! One thing at a time son!!
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2862 posts
1243 upvotes
Gta
Just bought one...back ordered but will ship when available. This gives me time to figure out how I’m going to use it.
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
1291 posts
423 upvotes
Calgary
Can it be connected with smarthings, google or alexa as a switch to control devices other then hue?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2007
1497 posts
1037 upvotes
moncton
Just a warning for those planning on using these in bedrooms: if the power goes out and back they will be on at full brightness...