Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon echo dot 2nd gen Pre-order $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2017 4:48 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2004
3334 posts
422 upvotes
It's a small thing but one thing I love about the echo is when I ask her to do a smart home function like turn on living room lights she just says "ok" and does it, unlike google that then repeats it all back to me "turning on living room lights", it's a small thing but something I really prefer about the echo
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1854 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Funny, I'm the opposite, I prefer Google's response over Alexa's; to each his own, as they say.
Jan 16, 2006
726 posts
82 upvotes
Has anyone received their Amazon Prime code from Telus yet? The order email said it would be emailed to us.
Jun 19, 2015
357 posts
158 upvotes
zegerman wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:41 pm
Has anyone received their Amazon Prime code from Telus yet? The order email said it would be emailed to us.
Not yet
Nov 18, 2012
12 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Have people received their echos from Telus? My Canada Post tracking code hasn’t updated since the 4th. Was supposed to receive yesterday but received it yet.
saberon2016 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:42 pm
Not yet
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15887 posts
4542 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
swales wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:46 am
It's a small thing but one thing I love about the echo is when I ask her to do a smart home function like turn on living room lights she just says "ok" and does it, unlike google that then repeats it all back to me "turning on living room lights", it's a small thing but something I really prefer about the echo
lol. I get 'turning on 16 lights' when I engage my GH. Definitely prefer the 'ok' of alexa.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Jul 2, 2016
62 posts
13 upvotes
Anyone managed to make a recurring reminder with Alexa or any work around for it?

We have both GH mini and echo dot and so far we prefer Alexa's reminder as it prompts on the time of the event. But there's no option of recurring events (like on a daily basis). We have to set it every day.

Whereas Google has the option to make a recurring reminder but it sucks that it does not prompt anything on the event itself. you have to ask for it which does not serve the purpose of reminding you.
Jun 19, 2015
357 posts
158 upvotes
robwilliams25 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:48 pm
Have people received their echos from Telus? My Canada Post tracking code hasn’t updated since the 4th. Was supposed to receive yesterday but received it yet.
I got mine on the 5th. Ships from Calgary but I live 20 min away.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13542 posts
4326 upvotes
Gatineau
bornokjudak wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:56 pm
Anyone managed to make a recurring reminder with Alexa or any work around for it?

We have both GH mini and echo dot and so far we prefer Alexa's reminder as it prompts on the time of the event. But there's no option of recurring events (like on a daily basis). We have to set it every day.

Whereas Google has the option to make a recurring reminder but it sucks that it does not prompt anything on the event itself. you have to ask for it which does not serve the purpose of reminding you.
Alarms can be recurring, but reminders are one time events.

djino
Jun 7, 2017
54 posts
35 upvotes
I've received my Telus Echo order (no code yet), but I just noticed that the order charge isn't anywhere in my credit card transaction list (both fulfilled and pending). Anyone have this?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1484 posts
82 upvotes
Hamilton
Kasa app works cool on my tv
¨°º©oVelox, Versutus, Vigilanso©º°¨
Jul 2, 2016
62 posts
13 upvotes
djino wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:10 pm
Alarms can be recurring, but reminders are one time events.

djino
Tried searching and Amazon.COM has lifebot skills but I see it's not available yet here in Canada. I wish there's recurring events available for us here.
Apr 15, 2009
216 posts
20 upvotes
How do I get Canadian skills?
I just got my echo on Tuesday and set it up, but it linked to my .com.
I even have Ottawa as address in .com but I can't see any Canadian skills.
Is there a way to switch back and forth between Canadian and US account?
Nov 28, 2013
753 posts
249 upvotes
Quebec
BranCracker wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 1:12 pm
I've received my Telus Echo order (no code yet), but I just noticed that the order charge isn't anywhere in my credit card transaction list (both fulfilled and pending). Anyone have this?
It's always like that when a charge pass from pending to charge it disappears for 1-2 days
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11776 posts
901 upvotes
Mississauga
Eluder wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:19 am
Funny, I'm the opposite, I prefer Google's response over Alexa's; to each his own, as they say.
me too, seems more polished and 'human' like

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread. (9 members and 4 guests)

djino, rvs007, PPHOTDOG, newbie0121, kwilly, holeechow, jeffth, stevstevd, Boomer23