Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Amazon echo dot 2nd gen Pre-order $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 4th, 2018 7:35 pm
Mar 22, 2013
390 posts
300 upvotes
Toronto
If you people were just happy with what you have, instead of constantly flip flopping on using unsupported countries (aka using US while you're in home in Canada), this thread would have half as many posts.
Nov 28, 2013
810 posts
256 upvotes
Quebec
althanis wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 1:50 pm
If you people were just happy with what you have, instead of constantly flip flopping on using unsupported countries (aka using US while you're in home in Canada), this thread would have half as many posts.
And what does it mather to you?
Aug 23, 2014
124 posts
41 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
althanis wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 1:50 pm
Technically, though, the US is supported as an option, isn't it? When you log into your browser controls, Amazon tells you that as a Canadian customer you are eligible to shop in one of two stores (.ca or .com) Once you've made that choice, you have to select the language to match. The fact that all the skills and app functionalities follow from either of those choices isn't something we are trying to game Amazon on - it's just what happens when you choose.
Nov 10, 2012
534 posts
180 upvotes
Calgary
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 11:28 am
Thanks so much Kitscha. After I posted that message last night I ended up figuring that out after loading up the settings on my computer. I've now set up everything properly (linked to Amazon.ca, Canadian address, US english, US skills)...
Couple questions on this. If I change my account to amazon.com and English (US), will it still work for my Prime account on .ca? For example, will I be able to use Amazon Prime Music through my Echo, ask where my order is (ordered on .ca), use free Prime shipping in Canada, etc?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
7475 posts
975 upvotes
Montreal, QC
If you don't change your contry but only your Kindle store, Prime still works but you do lose the shipping notification, at least it has never worked for me
Nov 28, 2013
810 posts
256 upvotes
Quebec
Any way to start playing a spotify music at exemple living room, and just transfer the playback to exemple bedroom?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
7475 posts
975 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Just ask Alexa to open spotify from the bedroom, it will take over and resume at the same spot.
Or using the app (PC or mobile), not sure how you can do this from the living room tho
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13577 posts
4345 upvotes
Gatineau
ratatapa wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 10:35 am
Any way to start playing a spotify music at exemple living room, and just transfer the playback to exemple bedroom?
Yeah, that is a feature that is lacking that I hope Amazon can soon add. To be able to transfer Music (or even an active phone call) from one device to another.

djino
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
10636 posts
3188 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jarfgames wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 10:03 am
Couple questions on this. If I change my account to amazon.com and English (US), will it still work for my Prime account on .ca? For example, will I be able to use Amazon Prime Music through my Echo, ask where my order is (ordered on .ca), use free Prime shipping in Canada, etc?
Don't change the account to Amazon.com, but just convert the digital content and device setting from Amazon.ca to Amazon.com. Then you can keep your Prime subscription on Amazon.ca and access it with your Echo devices.
Nov 28, 2013
810 posts
256 upvotes
Quebec
Daijoubu wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 10:41 am
Just ask Alexa to open spotify from the bedroom, it will take over and resume at the same spot.
Or using the app (PC or mobile), not sure how you can do this from the living room tho
Doesnt work for me, I always have to restart from scratch
Jul 2, 2016
86 posts
21 upvotes
driverso wrote:
Dec 11th, 2017 1:46 pm
This works in browser mode, not the app. Open a browser and goto alexa.amazon.com . (you may have to select 'request desktop mode - top right hand menu in Chrome mobile browser' on a tablet or phone)

When the alexa page opens, make sure you have selected Echo and not the Reverb.ai .

The menu on the left top allows choice of home, music etc.

Selecting Home shows you the card view and will display things like the weather if you ask alexa

Selecting Music shows Cover Art, Queue and History etc of the music requested to Alexa

May I know what browser did you use for this? Tried doing it in Windows 7 and 10 desktop using chrome, IE and edge but the page won't update when I move to the next song (e.g. the cover art and song displayed is the same as previous song). Tried with android platform as well using chrome and edge browser in desktop view mode, and it's the same. I'm using canada region in digital content so the url used is alexa.amazon.ca.
Jan 10, 2007
366 posts
201 upvotes
I have tried Win 10 , Edge and Chrome and it seems to be working for me. Are you sure you are not selecting Reverb.ai rather that the Echo from the drop down at the top of the page.
Jul 2, 2016
86 posts
21 upvotes
i selected whatever the name of the echo is playing. e.g. i'm playing it at the echo dot named "play room" so i'm selecting playroom in the drop down. it will load whatever is currently playing. but when i press the next button in the display won't load the info of the next played music. the same result if i ask by voice "alexa, next" page won't refresh or reload info same as your video. are you using .com or .ca?
Apr 15, 2009
221 posts
20 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 12th, 2017 12:48 pm
Don't change the account to Amazon.com, but just convert the digital content and device setting from Amazon.ca to Amazon.com. Then you can keep your Prime subscription on Amazon.ca and access it with your Echo devices.
This is what confuses me.
Can someone post a dumb proof guide to have Echo linked to Amazon.ca so we can use Canadian Prime, while using US skills.

Right now, my Echo is linked to .ca with country settings to Canada. I have also set my country to Canada on the .com.

So to be able to use the US skill, I would have to change the language of the Echo to American English, then go to "Manage your Contents and Devices" and "You are currently linked to shop on Amazon.ca. Click here to learn more about other Amazon sites you are eligible to shop on based on your country of residence" and then click on "Learn about transferring your Amazon digital account to Amazon.com" and "Transfer your kindle account on Amazon.com"?

But if I do that, then the Echo will now appear in the .com rather than .ca
Does it matter and is this how we achieve the above?