• Aug 14th, 2019 8:01 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
22624 posts
8359 upvotes
aphextwin wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 5:34 pm
Damn son, that's a good deal!!!
Technically was a better deal like 2 years ago haha.
They've hit as low as $400USD for a refurb. $600 is actually quite high.
Hmm now you got me thinking if I should buy one once I use up my regular vacuum sealer bags...
As I said, if mine broke today (and I didn't have my Berkel that I still haven't set up yet...) I'd buy another one immediately.
should I move one step up for a metal lid.

There's a metal lid?
Where do you buy your bags?
Amazon Canada had them for a while, but now I buy from Webstaurant (same place as the picture)
Nov 1, 2017
412 posts
138 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:27 pm
Thanks. The one you linked seems more powerful than the generic one I got from Amazon, which look like these: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Vacuum-Sealer-F ... 2907877436

Those should be avoided, especially considering the shipping time.

How does yours work? Good suction power?
I'm afraid I don't have anything to compare with.

It's definitely better than the water displacement method, and can handle wet items too.

I sealed up some ground beef 2 weeks ago and it's still bright red. No oxidation at all.

Bigger items like roasts and bone in steaks, need some help as air can get trapped.

This sealer works the best when you have the meat squished in one corner of the bag.
May 12, 2015
22 posts
4 upvotes
Victoria, BC
To those that know these things, my sealer from costco is around 8 years old now and struggles. The biggest need I have is to seal whole salmon I catch.
What are the things I would look for to do that?

thanks
Aug 27, 2013
495 posts
219 upvotes
cloud
I've been using the older version of the Food Saver Game Saver for 4+ years without any issues.

In addition to bags, I use it with mason jars as well (needs FoodSaver Regular/Wide Mouth Jar Sealer) to store nuts, to keep them from getting rancid.