Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics AA Rechargeable Batteries (8-Pack) $15.92

Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2400 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
digger1 wrote: This guy gets me dizzy
Might be some good info but the way this guy talks, I couldn't follow for more then 2 minutes.
Kinda seems like someone is trying to escape his skin at all times lol, nevertheless, the video was really good, lots of great info.

For about 5 years I've been using a combo of White Eneloops (2000mAh), White Amazon Basics w/ leaf logo (2000mAh), Black Amazon Basics (2000mAh) and that's the order I'd rate them.

I use them mostly for game console controllers and have found the Eneloops FAR outpace the Black Amazon Basics (possibly due to China manufacture) and do at least noticeably better than the White Amazon Basics.

Just some anecdotal info. I'm definitely gonna try the IKEA Ladda 2450 ones since it's assumed they are rebranded Eneloop Pros.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2010
1130 posts
650 upvotes
Greely
ChippewaBarr wrote: Kinda seems like someone is trying to escape his skin at all times lol, nevertheless, the video was really good, lots of great info.

Just some anecdotal info. I'm definitely gonna try the IKEA Ladda 2450 ones since it's assumed they are rebranded Eneloop Pros.
I value cell longevity and low self-discharge over capacity (mAH) for most of my applications. I have some 'duraloops' (Duracell rebranded eneloops) purchased at Shoppers that must be at least 7 years old and still going strong, without a single failure...

Also based on anecdotal evidence, but I seem to think that LSD batteries have greater longevity. I also think the guy in the video is onto something by measuring the mass of batteries. More mass might mean thicker electrodes, which should be indicative of greater longevity
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2005
2107 posts
411 upvotes
aaron158 wrote: i bought some high cap aaa the other day and got made in china ones even though the picture still shows japan. i contacted jeff@amazon.com to ask about it. the lady who emailed me back said she would send me some japan ones. they came today and they are indeed japan ones in a box smaller then the china ones both the china and japan ones have the same barcode and amazon asin though. so it seems like there warehouse has a stock of both
interesting. did the lady ask you to send back the made in China ones?
Mar 7, 2011
120 posts
206 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. Needed these and was waiting for a sale.
Aug 6, 2012
503 posts
50 upvotes
EDMONTON
How do these compare to the white versions of the batteries: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007B9 ... UTF8&psc=1

They're twice as much for a little less than twice the cost. They seem fairly similar but the product description seems to include a bit more detail.

Is there any difference in the 2 products? Did I make a mistake buying the white ones?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2003
1843 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if any good deals for C type rechargeable batteries and charging unit? Those deals are harder to come across and not as common.
MechanicalMan64
Apr 19, 2012
320 posts
75 upvotes
Brampton
MechanicalMan64 wrote: Anyone know if any good deals for C type rechargeable batteries and charging unit? Those deals are harder to come across and not as common.
Why don't use the adapters with regular AA size?
I think the capacity might be less but is easier and cheaper to do.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
sumrandomguy wrote: interesting. did the lady ask you to send back the made in China ones?
nah she just said keep them
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5348 posts
4356 upvotes
I ordered from the listing that mentioned made in Japan just over a month ago and they sent me made in China batteries.

I returned them and bought actual enloops.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
I see very recent reviews about people getting Made In China batteries and how it's not holding the charges. i'm going to pass.
It's too bad amazon did what they did. Bad decision, it's no wonder they are on "sale". I wouldn't buy it thought.

In the past, I have lots of made in china battery leaked acid and bulged in my electronics and remote, almost damaging my electronics. Don't trust it and not worth it.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
1282 posts
830 upvotes
SASKATOON
Would these charges in my Xbox one controller if I plugged in a USB cord?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
ripjohnnyc wrote: Would these charges in my Xbox one controller if I plugged in a USB cord?
I don't think the USB cord is for charging. It is for using it when that computer has no Bluetooth.
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2006
1845 posts
985 upvotes
Halton
just bought 30 EBLs through amazon (based on price and mAh)
now that video above tells me I suck

too much to keep track of, i just want to stop throwing away batteries LOL
xbox controllers and VR setups will be the death of the landfills!!!
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11150 posts
3859 upvotes
Montreal, QC
My black AmazonBasics are made in China :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)