Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella, Black $13.99 ($11.19 w Prime)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2017 6:26 pm
Banned
Nov 11, 2016
236 posts
552 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] AmazonBasics Automatic Travel Umbrella, Black $13.99 ($11.19 w Prime)

I found umbrella with push-button for open/close on sale by Amazon, looks like good price with discount, $11.19 with Prime.

https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Auto ... EPY5FNSYER
Please show appreciation but clicking on the like button. 😎
19 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4129 posts
3226 upvotes
Toronto
When I clicked I thought I was going to buy immediately as I keep missing the previous deals for it and this price is awesome...
But its not the one that usually gets posted here. Im looking for the model with the wind vents. Thats the one that usually gets attention here. I know thats a few $$ more but its worth it but its not even available on Amazon at the moment.
https://www.amazon.ca/AmazonBasics-Auto ... B00WTHJ5SU

Anyway, $12 with prime for this one is just okay to me despite the discount in list price. I've lost too many umbrellas due to being overturned and destroyed during windy conditions.
This may be a decent umbrella afterall for most rainy days and Im not discouraging anyone from getting it, but I just need the other option.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12211 posts
2947 upvotes
Good deal. Note this model does not have wind vent.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Oct 15, 2009
948 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
Spend the extra peso and get the one with the vent. I haven't owned the one with the vent but I do own the one without it (and have owned many umbrellas without the vent), highly recommend the vent if you're walking in particularly windy areas as I do.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
9802 posts
5796 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
curlyface wrote: Spend the extra peso and get the one with the vent. I haven't owned the one with the vent but I do own the one without it (and have owned many umbrellas without the vent), highly recommend the vent if you're walking in particularly windy areas as I do.
For the one with vent, if you are walking under consistent strong wind, is the vent going to stay up? That is going to look epic.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
Oct 15, 2009
948 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
Wow too early for me. I meant to say I own the one with the vent, lol. The vent doesn't stick out or anything
Feb 4, 2016
120 posts
196 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Good find OP. Still showing $13.99 for me with Prime tho.
Banned
Nov 11, 2016
236 posts
552 upvotes
RFD0421 wrote: Good find OP. Still showing $13.99 for me with Prime tho.
You see discount during checkout.
Please show appreciation but clicking on the like button. 😎
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
4166 posts
6803 upvotes
Langley, BC
I have the vented one, was 11$ a while back... it's great :)
Banned
Dec 18, 2016
89 posts
118 upvotes
Does the vent really make such a big difference? It's raining cows and oxen in Vancouver... and all I got is a dollar store umbrella. Wondering if I should wait for the vent ones.
Jan 12, 2017
23 posts
8 upvotes
Vent prevent the umbrella from "flipping" inside out during the windy days. If wind isn't usually a problem for you, you can live without but wind is usually the main "cause of death" for most umbrella.
GetSchwifty wrote: Does the vent really make such a big difference? It's raining cows and oxen in Vancouver... and all I got is a dollar store umbrella. Wondering if I should wait for the vent ones.
Dec 28, 2011
940 posts
468 upvotes
Victoria
GetSchwifty wrote: Does the vent really make such a big difference? It's raining cows and oxen in Vancouver... and all I got is a dollar store umbrella. Wondering if I should wait for the vent ones.
I have the vent one in Vancouver, and I can say it's really useful. We get lots of rain and wind here, so the vent is a necessity. I was going to order two more of these until I realized there was no vent. The vent one is worth waiting for.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2012
3747 posts
909 upvotes
How often does the Vent on go on sale for? How much was the last sale price?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
For some reason this thread made me want to buy an umbrella and I settled on this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01NBFWO4 ... dp_summary

It's the same as from other sellers just cheaper, they all get it from China with the same descriptions lol.

But anyway, it's a windproof umbrella (double layered canopy with integrated vents) that opens "inverted", meaning from the inside out. The umbrella therefore can flip over, but easily fix itself by closing and reopening. Here's a video, I saw these on Kickstarter and remembered them: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... t-umbrella

For $10, can't got wrong!

EDIT: corrected information
Oct 15, 2009
948 posts
687 upvotes
Toronto
Pointless invention.. just add vents and be done with it.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3803 posts
4164 upvotes
Mordor
DeltaSingh wrote: For some reason this thread made me want to buy an umbrella and I settled on this one: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01NBFWO4 ... dp_summary

It's the same as from other sellers just cheaper, they all get it from China with the same descriptions lol.

But anyway, it's a windproof umbrella (double layered canopy with integrated vents) that opens "inverted", meaning from the inside out. The umbrella therefore can flip over, but easily fix itself by closing and reopening. Here's a video, I saw these on Kickstarter and remembered them: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ka ... t-umbrella

For $10, can't got wrong!

EDIT: corrected information
interesting invention...
but doesn't the water get trapped within the umbrella making it stinky later on?? you still get have to air it out....
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
ShadowMordor wrote: interesting invention...
but doesn't the water get trapped within the umbrella making it stinky later on?? you still get have to air it out....
Yeah of course you gotta air it out! I air out all my umbrellas so they don't smell

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)