Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics Hardside Spinner Luggage, 20-inch Carry-on/Cabin Size, Light Blue $44.83

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2018 10:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
is this costco ciao available still (in west)?
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3247 posts
1807 upvotes
Last edited by yyz2hkg on Jan 8th, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
6564 posts
10853 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC
SimpsonsFana wrote: Is this out available out west, too?
markj wrote: is this costco ciao available still (in west)?
I bought mine here in Courtenay BC, It was along the fence as you enter the store.
You may have to ask at customer service to see if they still have them as they have been on the floor for at least a couple weeks - our store must be one of the least busy in BC....
Last edited by pathfinder35 on Jan 8th, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1458 posts
1000 upvotes
lol funny how fast this thread turned into a costco thread .. :D
Still waiting to hear back from Ricardo on ABS vs 100% polycarbonate.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1095 upvotes
Timbo420 wrote:
Also, what's the deal with really small chicks getting extra leg room seats? The last few times, like 5ft woman who have zero need for the extra leg room were next to me. I'm paying a premium for those seats, I don't know if they are paying or just coincidence, but it annoys me when they are no longer available to get and small people are sitting there. Have some compassion people! /rant
What a ridiculous comment.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
I was at Costco yesterday, the Ricardo price label there says 100% polycarbonate. Still trying to decide whether to pick up the Ricardo or Samsonite set. The price difference between the two is a bit significant.
bilaliz wrote: I picked up the Ricardo too and it does say polycarbonate, but it does not say 100% polycarbonate, how do you know it is 100% polycarbonate?
I mailed them a little earlier today to ask if it is poly/abs or 100% polycarbonate, i'll post here if they respond.
Images
  • 31683133-53D9-4A16-8CC9-DAC2B89708E4.jpeg
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Aug 18, 2009
450 posts
218 upvotes
Barrie
Holystone wrote: If anyone's interested there is a 3-piece Delsey set available for $149.99 on Costco.ca. The largest suitcase appears big but it is 63 linear inches and most international airlines if I remember allow 62 linear inches.

Costco 10 year warranty

https://www.costco.ca/Delsey-Super-Lite ... 96277.html
I was looking at this and would consider buying it but the carry-on says 21.5" when standard limits are 21". I know it's close but I imagine airlines are only going to get more strict regarding these limits.
Oct 3, 2010
176 posts
175 upvotes
Toronto
rvs007 wrote: I happened to take one the other day because I’m also looking for a carry on suitcase. Is this any good? Never heard of the brand but it is pretty cheap. Just worry about quality. First things to usually fail are the zippers and the wheels.

63C5E762-53A6-4FC1-94AE-80A1B769E1A8.jpeg
I checked those at Costco yesterday and the wheels look really cheap/fragile. Didn't get it because of that. I'm wondering if the Amazon wheels are more robust?
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
Seks wrote: What a ridiculous comment.
So right. That's one of the dumbest things I have heard in a while.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
2568 posts
1095 upvotes
ed_sp wrote: I checked those at Costco yesterday and the wheels look really cheap/fragile. Didn't get it because of that. I'm wondering if the Amazon wheels are more robust?
https://shop.heys.ca/products/airflex

Have an existing Heys AirFlex 30" that I've used for the past few years. Decided to get hardside recently:

https://shop.heys.ca/products/lightweight-pro

Bought the 21" and 30" when everything on the website was 25% off for boxing week. I know Heys can be $$$$$$$$ but you get what you pay for.

And does anyone know what's up with Tumi? Like wow .... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Face Screaming In Fear
Dec 13, 2009
391 posts
282 upvotes
Holystone wrote: I was at Costco yesterday, the Ricardo price label there says 100% polycarbonate. Still trying to decide whether to pick up the Ricardo or Samsonite set. The price difference between the two is a bit significant.

The Ricardo large felt a little lighter.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
Personally I would give more importance to the quality of zippers and especially the wheels, the things more prone to fail. Till date I've never used spinners (four wheels). I always had two-wheel luggage where the wheels are almost flush with the body and they have been fairly long lasting. In spinners the wheels totally protrude out and I'm not sure how long lasting these things are going to be.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ed_sp wrote: I checked those at Costco yesterday and the wheels look really cheap/fragile. Didn't get it because of that. I'm wondering if the Amazon wheels are more robust?
One good thing about buying from Costco even if the wheels might look cheap/fragile is that if it does break pre-maturely, you can always bring it back to Costco for a refund.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2002
6877 posts
1032 upvotes
Calgary
pathfinder35 wrote: I bought mine here in Courtenay BC, It was along the fence as you enter the store.
You may have to ask at customer service to see if they still have them as they have been on the floor for at least a couple weeks - our store must be one of the least busy in BC....
thanks, just to follow up there were about 20 left at the sagehill costco (nw calgary) today. seems good for the price but the wheels do seem a bit flimsy as mentioned.
Sep 6, 2006
28 posts
69 upvotes
Received my order today. Looks very solid. Happy with the decision.
The order was placed via greatcanadianrebates (2.75%) and paid by amazon.ca visa (2%). That is about 4.75% money back.
Note: amazon.ca visa card ends its business on March 15.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)