Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AmazonBasics Refrigerator Water Filters (Basic: $16, Premium: $24)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2018 11:35 am
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2004
1062 posts
296 upvotes
I wonder if someone is willing to take the hit and buy all three models of filters and see if there is actually a difference inside.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Bought the premium filter for my Samsung fridge. Water flow is great if not better vs the OEM. Water taste is good as well, not sure if I can tell the true difference, but I would love to test the water of anyone can recommend a good tester kit for home use.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
TransporterSD wrote: Bought the premium filter for my Samsung fridge. Water flow is great if not better vs the OEM. Water taste is good as well, not sure if I can tell the true difference, but I would love to test the water of anyone can recommend a good tester kit for home use.
Bought the Samsung premium filters also - works great - no leaks!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
8049 posts
8626 upvotes
Downtown Canada
rfdnutz wrote: Bought the Samsung premium filters also - works great - no leaks!
Yes no leaks, forgot to mention that.
Telus $30/75GB USA/CAN + $0 VVM (USA roaming + USA calling included) X 5 lines

Seeing ads while surfing the web? Get Ad Guard ad blocker.
Dec 31, 2009
120 posts
57 upvotes
I wanted to chime in about my experiences - have a 3 yr old Kitchenaid French door unit and have been buying the OEM model for years. It's been painfully slow with the filters the last two times to the point that your hand starts to hurt refilling a bottle!

So I looked at this thread and was considering the Amazon equivalent until I found these guys:
https://shop.swiftgreenfilters.com/

Amazon also sells them, but turns out you can buy direct from them and they are based out of Richmond, BC. Their prices are in CAD$ and cheaper than the Amazon prices and they offer three classes of filters from basic (which apparently Walmart also carries) all the way to their 'RX' type which is superior, it seems, to even the Amazon 'Premium' variety.

I bought a two-pack of their RX type last week and had it delivered to my GVRD home in 2 days for free. Installed the first one and immediately found the flow rate about 3x what it was with the other filters (and as good as the first day we had the fridge). Followed the pre-soak procedure and ran about 15L of water through after installation and am very pleased with the results. No black crud, no clouding, etc. Taste is as good as before but now I am not screaming in pain from having to push the darn button for 90s to fill a bottle.

BTW I am now on their mailing list and just saw they have a promo code for 15% off right now (wish I had waited until this week to order! :( ) of: "HALLOWEEN15" valid today until Nov 1 according to the email.
Dec 14, 2005
923 posts
558 upvotes
Mississauga
Has anybody found GE XWF filters anywhere? These are a newer type and so far I have found only the very expensive OEM ones available