Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amex - Targeted? - Get 3 Bonus Membership Rewards on Amazon.ca July 15-16

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2019 4:22 am
Jul 28, 2014
154 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Amex - Targeted? - Get 3 Bonus Membership Rewards on Amazon.ca July 15-16

Amex - Targeted?

Get 3 Bonus Membership Rewards in eligible purchases you make on Amazon.ca on July 15th and July 16th, up to a maximum of $2,000 after taxes and shipping. Must register in advance.

Looks quite interesting and stacks with other portal bonuses.

Please post if you received a different targeted offer.
Thread Summary
From a Business Platinum card's offer:

Terms and Conditions

This offer is only available to Basic American Express Cardmembers who have been sent this offer by email and who make an eligible purchase transaction online at Amazon.ca. Valid only on the Canadian Amazon website. Only the Basic American Express Card referenced in this email is eligible for registration in this offer by clicking ‘Register Now’ in the email, and this Card must be used as the method of payment. You can earn a total of three (3) bonus Membership Rewards® points for every $1 in eligible purchases charged to your registered Card online at Amazon.ca up to $2,000 (after taxes and shipping). You will earn at the regular rate on your registered Card on purchases over $2,000. Purchases made with supplementary Cards are not qualifying purchases.

Offer only available at Amazon.ca. Excludes Amazon business, purchase of Prime memberships through the use of points, phone transactions, Product Ads, Shop with Points transactions or purchases paid for using points, sell on Amazon, Amazon Associates, Publishing, Amazon Cash, and Balance Reloads. Amazon.ca purchases made with a combination of points redeemed using Shop with Points and payment using a registered Card may qualify. Bonus Points will only be earned on the amount charged to the registered Card and not on the total purchase amount. Membership Rewards points may not be used when making purchases with Amazon 1-Click. Offer is non-transferable.

You can earn a total of three bonus Membership Rewards® points for every $1 in eligible purchases charged to your registered Card on Amazon.ca up to a maximum of $2,000 in purchases during the offer period, One single purchase transaction or cumulative purchases up to a maximum of $2,000 after taxes and shipping during the offer period and subsequently posted to your account qualify. After you reach $2,000 in purchases (after taxes and shipping) at Amazon.ca during the offer period, you will earn at the regular rate applicable to your registered Card on purchases over $2,000. Items ordered during the offer period, but shipped after July 21, 2019 may not count towards your eligible purchases. Delivery of online purchases is only available within Canada. American Express is responsible for fulfillment of this offer.

Bonus Membership Rewards points will be applied to your eligible Membership Rewards account within 90 days after July 16, 2019, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Rewarded points may be reversed if the qualifying transactions are refunded or cancelled. The following transactions are not qualifying purchases for this offer. Purchasing a merchant’s goods through a third party, such as through concession stores in department stores, payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone, online aggregators that sells goods of other merchants or if the merchant category is otherwise not identified.

Bonus points are in addition to any points you would normally earn for purchases on your registered Card. Terms and Conditions for the Membership Rewards Program apply. Visit https://catalogue.membershiprewards.ca/ for more information.

In the event that you replace your registered Card through Amex Bank of Canada or a licensed third party issuer (as applicable) during the offer period, your participation in this offer will end and you will need to re-register for this offer.

For full terms that apply to registering your Card in the program, see Program Terms. By registering your Card, you agree to receive emails from American Express about this offer.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2010
4846 posts
2018 upvotes
Ottawa
I received Cobalt offer for 5x MR

If anyone is able to pull up a generic sign up link for the various offers, that would be appreciated!
Last edited by john.canad on Jul 10th, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2005
145 posts
202 upvotes
Saint Catharines
I also got the Cobalt 5x points upto $500 in purchases.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2011
1826 posts
1515 upvotes
toronto
Got the bonus offer on my cobalt card 5x points upto $500
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2018
1801 posts
2840 upvotes
Canada, eh?
Might be a Cobalt targeted offer. Cancelled my Cobalt card a while back, still kept my Platinum.
However did not receive any email about this.
Jul 28, 2014
154 posts
412 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aZian_ wrote: where do you guys see this? i have amex platinum
Received via email for Gold card
Nov 20, 2017
18 posts
78 upvotes
I recieved my x3 MR points offer for my Platinum
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2803 posts
2613 upvotes
YYZ
5x for 500 for me
Licensed Full Service Realtor
Apr 1, 2007
45 posts
25 upvotes
St. Catharines
I recieved both offers (Cobalt 5x on $500 and Gold 3 bonus on $2000). I saw some people referring to the Gold as 3x but wouldn't it be 4x - the regular 1 MR per $ plus 3 bonus MR for a total of 4?

Given the difference in language I feel it implies different treatment. Might make a difference on which card I use.
Aug 11, 2018
71 posts
63 upvotes
Edmonton
Gold card holder - no email, nothing in offers section of online account. Definitely targeted, unfortunately for me!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)