30% off discount code: SVULYAIX

Fast shipping as it’s shipped directly from Amazon Canada

Spec:
CPU: S905X quad-core cortex-A53
frequency :2.0G
GPU: Mali-450 5-Core GPU
FLASH: 16GB emmc
SDRAM: 2GB DDR
Last edited by aasoror on Apr 17th, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: cleared title
215 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3120 posts
75 upvotes
Mississauga
what do these boxes do? just let me run google store apps on my tv?
Aug 19, 2014
878 posts
394 upvotes
Ohboiya wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 9:45 pm
what do these boxes do? just let me run google store apps on my tv?
Never heard of IPTV?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
2078 posts
211 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
I've been looking to get in to IPTV and an Android box but don't know a lot about it yet. Is this box sufficient for HD and 4K content? I really don't know what specs are necessary for that.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2004
3120 posts
75 upvotes
Mississauga
chhotadon wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 9:49 pm
Never heard of IPTV?
Sadly I haven't. Father of three young kids and we're raising our kids without TV and tablets. But son plays hockey now and I want to watch sports with him. Right now I watch streams that I find on Reddit. Would an IPTV / Android Box result in me not having to scour Reddit to find streams for things like the Oscars, Leafs games, etc.?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2002
2659 posts
407 upvotes
Ajax
Can this be updated to 7.1 android
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4423 posts
103 upvotes
GTA
Why wouldn’t u get the pro versi9n for the same price and android 7?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
1606 posts
585 upvotes
Vancouver
gostinger wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 10:34 pm
Can this be updated to 7.1 android
NO.

There is no official realise of Andoid 7.xx for S905X Chipset yet. Android 6.x will be good nuff for a while. You will be buying new hardware way before it becomes obsolete.

Only one thing: please note that this model has no Bluetooth. So no wireless headphones/speakers, and you will have to use your USB ports for dongles for keyboard, mouse etc....

Deal breaker for me.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
2007 posts
1365 upvotes
This is a reasonably warm price for the box spec. Basic 2.4 GHz WiFi only, no Bluetooth, but should work fine as a media player with the usual apps. I have a older TICTID box, and there was nothing wrong with it, but of course support is zero.

OP, put the price and the key spec "S905X, 2/16 Gbytes memory" in the title.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7159 posts
1186 upvotes
You can run Kodi app with a live / sport addon to watch those but you don't even need a box to test it, Kodi could be installed on your computer to try it out.

The advantage with these boxes is mostly the ease of apps and side loading apps that are not even available in the Goggle Store.

I find, the thing to watch for with these cheap boxes is a lot of time they would freeze running a steam due to coding issue or over heating... If people are interested to get one of these, I suggest doing more research and may be spending a bit more on a better one with support and or firmware updates.
Ohboiya wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 10:23 pm
Sadly I haven't. Father of three young kids and we're raising our kids without TV and tablets. But son plays hockey now and I want to watch sports with him. Right now I watch streams that I find on Reddit. Would an IPTV / Android Box result in me not having to scour Reddit to find streams for things like the Oscars, Leafs games, etc.?
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Jan 22, 2007
755 posts
105 upvotes
Montreal
Looking for S912 + 3GB +32GB
Apr 5, 2016
410 posts
547 upvotes
BC
Just a heads up that if you're planning on using Kodi / Popcorn Time or other services - Shaw and Telus are issuing warnings.
If you're using legal IPTV you have no issues.
I wouldn't trust VPN companies to protect you (or your privacy) in the event of a 'data' raid.
Just something to keep in mind

Here's a related CBC article.
Sep 16, 2013
242 posts
77 upvotes
SW ON
Don't they go after content providers, not regular people? Some people may not even be aware that something is wrong when they pay for IPTV. The article you linked doesn't support what you wrote.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2014
1259 posts
678 upvotes
The 6
Ohboiya wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 10:23 pm
I agree with limiting a child's usage of TV and tablets. But to completely deprive them of this will not be beneficial in how they interact with their peers.

I have seen major social adjustment issues in school with respect to my friend's kids who's wife shared the same views when it came to parenting.

He deeply regrets his decision not to intervene and go along ...if he only had a time machine.