Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 11:34 pm
46 replies
May 10, 2010
940 posts
1483 upvotes
Kenora
yashgandhi wrote: No type C. No future proof.
I don't think USB A or Micro USB are going to be going away anytime soon.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
yashgandhi wrote: No type C. No future proof.
Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?

Most people have normal USB A to C cables. Like the ones that come with their phones/tablets.
Mar 7, 2011
688 posts
1044 upvotes
poopdedoop wrote: I don't think USB A or Micro USB are going to be going away anytime soon.
Micro USB is pretty much done deal at this point. Even new Sony noise canceling headphones are type C charging.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1008 posts
1523 upvotes
My bigger issue on this is no QuickCharge.. USB C, ya you can use USB A to C cables.. won't get all the bells and whistles but....
Mar 7, 2011
688 posts
1044 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?

Most people have normal USB A to C cables. Like the ones that come with their phones/tablets.
This battery pack needs micro usb to charge
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
barcathegreat wrote: My bigger issue on this is no QuickCharge.. USB C, ya you can use USB A to C cables.. won't get all the bells and whistles but....
It's a battery, What bells and whistles are you missing out on by using a USB A to C cable?
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10205 posts
11263 upvotes
barcathegreat wrote: My bigger issue on this is no QuickCharge.. USB C, ya you can use USB A to C cables.. won't get all the bells and whistles but....
It supports QC both for charging the pack, and for charging a device.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1193 posts
824 upvotes
Markham
No USB-PD either, so no fast charging for Pixels or iPhone 8 and newer.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7409 posts
6686 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this for about 6 months. Works beautifully. The cord I use with it is a micro-usb and I add a small usb c adapter to charge my Samsung S9 (it does fast charge but can't speak for other devices)
Koodo Mobile
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2063 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
Artwebb1986 wrote: Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?

not that I'm everybody but I have many type C only cables because of my phone. And my truck has type C also.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1610 posts
943 upvotes
freewheelin76 wrote: not that I'm everybody but I have many type C only cables because of my phone. And my truck has type C also.
I've had usb c on my phone for 4 year now. And not a single usb c only cable.
Deal Guru
Mar 5, 2007
10205 posts
11263 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote: I've had usb c on my phone for 4 year now. And not a single usb c only cable.
Only reason I bought one is because my laptop only has 2 A ports and there were being used for something else. Otherwise I have no use for a C - C cable, all my cables are A - C.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Lol because of all the people that carry a USB-C to USB-C cable with them at all times?
I have a bunch of USB-C devices and have exactly zero USB-C to USB-C cables.
yashgandhi wrote:
Micro USB is pretty much done deal at this point. Even new Sony noise canceling headphones are type C charging.
For phones? Sure.
For other USB powered things? I doubt it.
Hell I'm still getting MiniUSB at this point and that's been dead for who knows how long.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jul 3, 2016
293 posts
216 upvotes
TheFrostOne wrote: How do we feel about the 10000 mAh vs the 20100 mAh? Only $15 more, and double the juice. Anyone have any insight?
https://www.amazon.ca/Portable-Charger- ... 08CVNCDGVQ
I can do you one better for about $50 with 3 outs and 2 input charging. I own this and I love it

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LQ7MQG6/ref ... PCbFKJMM18

Also for reference this USB PD anker power bank was $48 until it sold out recently with a coupon code, probably would have snagged one if I didn't own an eeco power bank for small top ups

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07HBTY3Z2/ref ... PCbTWT7V7K
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12063 upvotes
Toronto
lbmeyer wrote: I travel a lot for work and I love these 2 or 3-in-one cables. Always have a at least two of them in my travel Gear pouch so I don't have to worry about micro/lightning/usb-c inputs

https://www.primecables.ca/p-359376-cab ... rimecables
I use a similar cable that splits into 3 near the end. Always handy to have at home and in the car.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3295417261

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)