• Apr 16th, 2019 1:11 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1301 posts
253 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Anker Qi Wireless Charging Pad - 18.99

Camel had the lowest price at 15 so this is close enough

Fast charging 10w wireless pad but doesn't come with an adapter so keep that in mind

FakeSpot has the reviews marked as A
https://www.fakespot.com/product/wirele ... -edge-more
9 replies
Mar 18, 2005
322 posts
237 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Thanked OP for good price on a reliable brand.
Could someone recommend a charging pad that can charge 2 devices? Not fun when myself and my wife need to charge at once. I could always buy 2 separate ones, but if I had one cable for both, would be ideal.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1389 posts
774 upvotes
No fast wireless charging for any iPhone.
Mar 15, 2019
19 posts
30 upvotes
J-Money wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 8:45 am
Thanked OP for good price on a reliable brand.
Could someone recommend a charging pad that can charge 2 devices? Not fun when myself and my wife need to charge at once. I could always buy 2 separate ones, but if I had one cable for both, would be ideal.
Samsung has a dual charging pad/stand.
Mar 25, 2009
676 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
Please Note : Max Output for iPhone XR / XS / XS Max / X / 8 / 8 Plus is “Up to 5W” (ie NOT FAST charging!)
Jan 18, 2017
448 posts
151 upvotes
Does this make your phone go warm/hot? I had cheapo wireless chargers and it made my S9 hot so I stopped using those. Might pick these up if it doesn't.
Jun 15, 2011
39097 posts
5727 upvotes
King City
Thanks OP! I don't mind the fast charging option, so this is decent. Any good recommended power adapters?
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Jan 29, 2006
1301 posts
253 upvotes
mcfrugal wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 9:26 am
Please Note : Max Output for iPhone XR / XS / XS Max / X / 8 / 8 Plus is “Up to 5W” (ie NOT FAST charging!)
Charging power is boosted to 7.5W for iPhone, while flagship Samsung, LG, and Sony phones get a 10W fast charge.

7.5W Charge Mode: Using QC 2.0/3.0 Adapter
- iPhone X, iPhone 8 / 8 Plus

KevCnew wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:55 am
Does this make your phone go warm/hot? I had cheapo wireless chargers and it made my S9 hot so I stopped using those. Might pick these up if it doesn't.
Anker charger has temperature control I believe... Remember reading that on their website specs
djemzine wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:53 am
Thanks OP! I don't mind the fast charging option, so this is decent. Any good recommended power adapters?
I had a two port Aukey wall plug that I was using with my phone so will just try that for now...
Nov 2, 2012
825 posts
1066 upvotes
Winnipeg
KevCnew wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:55 am
Anker IMO is the best 3rd party accessory maker on the market. If I'm buying extra chargers or cables, I don't even bother looking for OEM stuff, I just go straight to Anker. QC 2.0/3.0/USB-PD/etc. Cables are high build quality as well. I'm never disappointed. They make sure that all of their chargers and accessories have full certifications for whatever standards they are selling a product for.

The cheap wireless chargers aren't Qi certified. You'll see them say "compatible", but they haven't been certified by the wireless power consortium for Qi. They usually have shoddy build quality, cheap components, questionable performance, lack overheat and over current protection, and are risky to use. If you're buying a wireless charger you need to make sure they state it's Qi certified, and can be searched and found on https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products. If it's not listed there, don't buy it. You don't have to buy Anker, but at least make sure it's certified.

I still don't understand why so many people bought those crap wireless chargers from dollarama. Seems like a good idea to trust charging your $1000 phone on a $4, uncertified, dollarama charger.
Feb 18, 2007
230 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote:
Apr 16th, 2019 12:01 am

The cheap wireless chargers aren't Qi certified. You'll see them say "compatible", but they haven't been certified by the wireless power consortium for Qi. They usually have shoddy build quality, cheap components, questionable performance, lack overheat and over current protection, and are risky to use. If you're buying a wireless charger you need to make sure they state it's Qi certified, and can be searched and found on https://www.wirelesspowerconsortium.com/products. If it's not listed there, don't buy it. You don't have to buy Anker, but at least make sure it's certified.

I still don't understand why so many people bought those crap wireless chargers from dollarama. Seems like a good idea to trust charging your $1000 phone on a $4, uncertified, dollarama charger.
We already went over this in that thread.

Qi certification has ZERO correlation on the quality of the actual product.