• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2019 9:40 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2011
369 posts
765 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon Canada] Anki Overdrive: Fast and Furious Edition - $39.99

Hot price on Anki Overdrive set. These came out 4 years ago (this edition 2 years ago) but the tech still holds up and if you have space it would be a fun XMAS gift for the kids.

Modern day RC track cars.

FYI: Chapters Indigo charges $240 for this product.

https://www.chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/el ... -item.html

Review video:

22 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2003
1796 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Looks good to me! Picked one up for my nephew for Xmas. He loves hot wheels so I’m sure he’ll love this.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4069 posts
2358 upvotes
Edmonton
Great deal, thanks!

I wonder if Amazon is severely overstocked with this item, seeing how they've had it for $3x.xx multiple times before and they're still not sold out.
Feb 22, 2017
47 posts
73 upvotes
Vaudreuil-Dorion, QC
45$ why not for my child !!! rep +
May 25, 2004
98 posts
21 upvotes
Burlington
Hah - i had just bought 2 of them at $49.99 - amazon wont adjust the price for me, but they will let me return them for free and buy 2 more at $39.99. Dumb.
Aug 28, 2010
1 posts
Vancouver
Could this be related to the company (Anker for toys) closing down earlier this year?
Feb 14, 2006
233 posts
109 upvotes
charlesxavier wrote:
Dec 8th, 2019 4:00 pm
Hah - i had just bought 2 of them at $49.99 - amazon wont adjust the price for me, but they will let me return them for free and buy 2 more at $39.99. Dumb.
The return will likely cost you, too. Free returns are limited to jewellery, clothing, and broken things. Return for no reason? It'll cost you. They took I think just under $20 from the purchase price to cover the return ship the only time I ever done it.
Dec 15, 2017
428 posts
675 upvotes
Vancouver
IMO it was unique and fun but the nostalgia wore off quickly. You have to spend more money to build bigger tracks and only if you have the space (like your whole living-room) to build it otherwise you will be bored with the tracks it comes with as two vehicles go head-to-head in circles the whole time. You need a smart phone/device to download the Anki Overdrive app in order to control the vehicles and the challenges are pretty mediocre.

We sold ours last year for $50 (got back pretty much what we paid after taxes from Amazon.ca) on craigslist as "like new" because it was barely played (2 times). Anyway, for parents with kids under 10 then buy it if you think they will love it but don't buy it if you think it has some cool factor.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1560 posts
849 upvotes
Awesome, OP. I can finally live my life a quarter mile at a time now
Mar 13, 2005
659 posts
255 upvotes
Got one last year and the novelty wore off super quick in my house. Actually found it this weekend and we will be donating it somewhere.
Feb 12, 2008
178 posts
31 upvotes
Scarborough
careful guys, someone in one the reviews stated that since the company has gone bankrupt you can no longer make an account for the app.

edit. seems it's working for people
Last edited by joe77 on Dec 9th, 2019 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2005
906 posts
418 upvotes
FooNdaR wrote:
Dec 9th, 2019 6:57 am
Looks like you may be right. Here’s what happened when I clicked on Create Account.
Oh boy!
I just ordered two as family has had slot car tracks set up and thought it would be a decent upgrade from basic straight driving with more variables.
Guess I may have to return
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4069 posts
2358 upvotes
Edmonton
FooNdaR wrote:
Dec 9th, 2019 6:57 am
Looks like you may be right. Here’s what happened when I clicked on Create Account.
Superman_2099 wrote:
Dec 9th, 2019 6:59 am
Oh boy!
I just ordered two as family has had slot car tracks set up and thought it would be a decent upgrade from basic straight driving with more variables.
Guess I may have to return
I was able to create an account through the app just now without issue.
Aug 20, 2007
5 posts
16 upvotes
Markham
Just downloaded the app to test creating an account. Worked for me.
Oct 14, 2005
517 posts
50 upvotes
When two tracks are attached together, only one start track can be used. If you're doing that you'll have a foot less, not a biggy but something to keep in mind. My 8 year old doesn't play with it much but my 5 year old loves it.
Go Canucks Go!
Web Infinite
The most I want to spend is the least I can.