Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Other]

Amazon.ca Announces Thousands of Boxing Day Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2012 12:01 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
21767 posts
4889 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered a Kitchenaid mixer yesterday around lunch and it came today around lunch. The box was huge and a pain in the ***** to carry home from the post office after a long day at work, but that's really good service :)
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3021 posts
1533 upvotes
Burnaby
Piro21 wrote: Ordered a Kitchenaid mixer yesterday around lunch and it came today around lunch. The box was huge and a pain in the ***** to carry home from the post office after a long day at work, but that's really good service :)
they've won me over with their quick service. both the items i ordered have shipped. now hopefully they can become more competitive with their pricing and offer more items like the .com version does. it does look like they did price match or beat fs/bb on somethings. plus their website actually works (albeit with probably much less traffic)
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2003
1430 posts
421 upvotes
Ottawa
Hahahaha:

Patriot LX 32 GB Class 10 MicroSDHC Flash Memory Card PSF32GMCSDHC10
by Patriot Memory
4.5 out of 5 stars (61)

List Price: CDN$ 129.99

Price: CDN$ 28.00

You Save: CDN$ 101.99 (78%)

12 new from CDN$ 28.00
To be or not to be...where is the question?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5804 posts
1972 upvotes
Toronto
amplified wrote: they've won me over with their quick service. both the items i ordered have shipped. now hopefully they can become more competitive with their pricing and offer more items like the .com version does. it does look like they did price match or beat fs/bb on somethings. plus their website actually works (albeit with probably much less traffic)
Yep! And lots of their items quality for free shipping, even for $10-15 item, which is a really big plus. They must get insane discount from UPS to offer free shipping for a $10 item.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8204 posts
5716 upvotes
Part of my order came today, the other part of it is in Richmond, BC........I live in the Toronto area lol
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
tickyboy wrote: Saw it for $10 at wal mart. Or FS, can't remember.
Ya someone PMed me re that.
Blanka
Jun 4, 2008
314 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Love their shipping. ordered the omega juicer on boxing day and received it today.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
How does Amazon work in terms of a product replacement? My Seagate 2TB HDD came this afternoon and when I opened up the package and examined the actual HDD, there was a small scratch/dent on the HDD case.
Blanka
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
djemzine wrote: How does Amazon work in terms of a product replacement? My Seagate 2TB HDD came this afternoon and when I opened up the package and examined the actual HDD, there was a small scratch/dent on the HDD case.
use help | contact us | email, amazon is the best in terms of customer services.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
wlee wrote: use help | contact us | email, amazon is the best in terms of customer services.
Hmm.. I see that I have to return the product back, but would have to wait another couple of days for a replacement to be sent out.

I've done a claim in the past for an Anker battery that was defective/damaged, and they said keep it and sent out another one. Didn't have to send it in... Just the pain... lol...
Blanka
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2298 posts
1419 upvotes
Montreal
djemzine wrote: Hmm.. I see that I have to return the product back, but would have to wait another couple of days for a replacement to be sent out.

I've done a claim in the past for an Anker battery that was defective/damaged, and they said keep it and sent out another one. Didn't have to send it in... Just the pain... lol...
lol well you can't expect them to send you another HDD and just let you keep the one with a small scratch on the case as well...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
mtl-D wrote: lol well you can't expect them to send you another HDD and just let you keep the one with a small scratch on the case as well...
This is the response I got:
Thank you for writing to Amazon.ca.

I'm very sorry to hear about the condition of the item item you received.

Based on the condition in which the item arrived, we are offering to the following options:

1. We will replace the entire set at no additional charge and we ask that you return the item, at our expense.

2. If you prefer to keep the item we will refund 20% off the purchase price of this item
Blanka
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2010
2298 posts
1419 upvotes
Montreal
djemzine wrote: This is the response I got:
In that case, the 20% off sounds pretty sweet.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
mtl-D wrote: In that case, the 20% off sounds pretty sweet.
Mhm. If only every other company did that :razz:

Question is, its 20% off the $69.99 excluding taxes right :razz: ? Jokes. Rhetorical question. That works out to $13.99, not bad.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
Got an off topic question. So I am testing out the HD. I am transferring 13.1GB of MKVs onto it. Transfer rate is averaging from 33 MB/second to 35 MB/second. Is that normal or? Using it on a USB 3.0 port on my desktop.
Blanka
Mar 1, 2005
974 posts
182 upvotes
Vancouver
djemzine wrote: Got an off topic question. So I am testing out the HD. I am transferring 13.1GB of MKVs onto it. Transfer rate is averaging from 33 MB/second to 35 MB/second. Is that normal or? Using it on a USB 3.0 port on my desktop.
Should be faster than that. Sounds like USB 2.0 speeds. Try a hard drive benchmark utility and see what your speeds are. I don't have any first hand experience with the program but one is CrystalDiskMark. Link here:

http://download.cnet.com/CrystalDiskMar ... 30576.html
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4250 posts
460 upvotes
djemzine wrote: Got an off topic question. So I am testing out the HD. I am transferring 13.1GB of MKVs onto it. Transfer rate is averaging from 33 MB/second to 35 MB/second. Is that normal or? Using it on a USB 3.0 port on my desktop.
Seems slow. I was getting a lot higher than that when filling up my buddies WD USB 3.0 drive IIRC. Did you make sure that you used the USB 3.0 cable (if it came with both) and a USB 3.0 port? Maybe try updating the drivers on your MB as well. At least when I was building my machine, my computer had a number of USB 2.0 ports and USB 3.0 ports. The USB 3.0 ones were in teal/blue.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
46967 posts
9263 upvotes
RastaManMax wrote: Seems slow. I was getting a lot higher than that when filling up my buddies WD USB 3.0 drive IIRC. Did you make sure that you used the USB 3.0 cable (if it came with both) and a USB 3.0 port? Maybe try updating the drivers on your MB as well. At least when I was building my machine, my computer had a number of USB 2.0 ports and USB 3.0 ports. The USB 3.0 ones were in teal/blue.
Yes I know how a USB 3 port on my computer looks like. Its colored in blue. I used the supplied USB 3.0 cable that came with the HDD.

Hooked it up to the front USB 3.0 ports on the tower. Which I did connect to the motherboard. I'll try the back (Motherboard ones and see).

Here is a test using Crystal Disk of having the HDD hooked up to the motherboard USB 3.0 ports at the rear:

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/dtyq1.png[/IMG]

Here is a MKV file being transferred to the HDD using the rear USB 3.0 ports:

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2jii5k.png[/IMG]
Blanka