Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca Arkham City GOTY edition (PS3/360) at $29.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2012 9:39 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 19, 2009
207 posts
88 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Amazon.ca Arkham City GOTY edition (PS3/360) at $29.99

For those who missed the Best Buy deal from last week. Arkham City GOTY edition is $29.99 for both PS3 and XBOX 360 with free shipping

PS3: http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Arkham-City ... 860&sr=8-3

360: http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Arkham-City ... 048&sr=1-2
21 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
4440 posts
2955 upvotes
On the fence on this one, I have a feeling it hasn't hit it's lowest price point but I have an amazon gift card to use and a huge backlog of games to go through. How long is this sale on for?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3252 posts
2873 upvotes
Montreal
fedex682 wrote: For those who missed the Best Buy deal from last week. Arkham City GOTY edition is $29.99 for both PS3 and XBOX 360 with free shipping

PS3: http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Arkham-City ... 860&sr=8-3

360: http://www.amazon.ca/Batman-Arkham-City ... 048&sr=1-2
If anyone does not want to wait for shipping, it is still on sale at Best Buy:

PS3 http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bat ... ecef25en02

XBOX360 http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/bat ... d9d47fen02
Dec 19, 2009
207 posts
88 upvotes
witenite wrote: On the fence on this one, I have a feeling it hasn't hit it's lowest price point but I have an amazon gift card to use and a huge backlog of games to go through. How long is this sale on for?
The sale is on until July 15.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
I still haven't opened Arkham City I bought boxing day shortly after release and now GOTY is the same price, lol.
Jan 3, 2011
29 posts
41 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: I think I'm gonna trade in my regular edition, since the TIV is $20 at BB and buy the GOTY edition. It's a $10 hit I'd be willing to suck up.

WG
Just a word of caution for PS3 users, the regular version of Arkham City and the GOTY version do not have compatible save files so you'll have to start a new single player game. (However, there is still only 1 set of trophies for both games.)

Here is a quote from the community forum with FAQs for the GOTY:

Will my save files for the regular version of Arkham City work with the GOTY edition?
PS3 save files will not be compatible but Xbox 360 saves are compatible.

Is there a separate set of achievements?
No, the only new achievements are from HQR and some of the older DLC (if you don’t already own it)

Will the challenge mode leader boards be shared?
Yes

Will players of the regular version be able to get the DLC content by procuring and using the extra CD from the GOTY edition?
No
**Also it is only the Xbox 360 and PC version of the GOTY that comes with additional disc. The PS3 version has all the DLC on the same disc**

Will the Catwoman DLC be included in the disc or will it still be tied to an online pass requiring a download?
It is included with the GOTY (either on the additional disc or same disc for PS3)

Can the GOTY edition's DLC content be installed more than once, for example if a player gets a new console?
Yes

If a player buys and registers a copy to the GOTY edition to his account, will he be able to download the DLC content to a copy of the regular edition of the game also tied to the same account, or at least be able to install it from the disc?
All the DLC that has been released is on the GOTY, however the GOTY DLC is tied to the GOTY game only (IE not compatible with the original Arkham City)
Apr 21, 2011
84 posts
6 upvotes
The box art of the GOTY version almost makes want to get the normal version of the game. It's an abomination.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
fudge_u wrote: I think I'm gonna trade in my regular edition, since the TIV is $20 at BB and buy the GOTY edition. It's a $10 hit I'd be willing to suck up.

WG
I'm thinking about doing this too but just wondering if the extra content is worth $10 ($15 w/tax).
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2009
1115 posts
79 upvotes
This is hot considering, I do not care about the value of the original box. I rather have the extra single player content which is why I would jump on this. However, I am waiting until it hits $20 possibly.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3272 posts
387 upvotes
Saw the arkham city steelbook taped to the back of a regular arkham city game and realllly wanted to get it xD. If FS had the GOTY I def would've PM'd and gotten the steelbook with it. Not paying $40 for the reg game just for the steelbook when the GOTY is cheaper D=.
Jun 1, 2009
957 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
I know this version includes different skins (ie. Batman Beyond suit) but can I play those skins in the regular story mode or is only on the bonus "challenges"
May 3, 2009
325 posts
29 upvotes
Markham
TheQuestion wrote: I know this version includes different skins (ie. Batman Beyond suit) but can I play those skins in the regular story mode or is only on the bonus "challenges"
I think you can use them in story mode after you beat it once.. That's how it was when I played the regular edition way back. You can also use them in the bonus challenges.
Jun 7, 2008
447 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
shadow_cruiser wrote: I'm thinking about doing this too but just wondering if the extra content is worth $10 ($15 w/tax).
+1, being a Batman fan I can justify the $10.00
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2007
1823 posts
197 upvotes
York Region
snuter wrote: Just a word of caution for PS3 users, the regular version of Arkham City and the GOTY version do not have compatible save files so you'll have to start a new single player game. (However, there is still only 1 set of trophies for both games.)
BeesBeads wrote: The box art of the GOTY version almost makes want to get the normal version of the game. It's an abomination.
I traded in my regular copy of Batman AC (bought on launch day) last week during BB trade 4 for $20 additional credit for Batman GOTY. The artwork is the worst I've seen for a PS3 game. Why oh why did Rocksteady have to plaster gaming scores all over the cover ???
Much thanks for posting that information on the save files. I guess I'll have to start all over which ain't necessarily a bad thing, since I bought the Sony 3D display and think it will be amazing to experience the whole game in 3D this time.
Purchase from a trusted RFD (seller & buyer) 100% positive feedback. Your assured for a safe and clean transaction. Located in the York Region. Can ship at your expense if paying by EMT, please no trades-PM is the key!
Sep 12, 2008
927 posts
640 upvotes
Toronto
knightwrangler wrote: I traded in my regular copy of Batman AC (bought on launch day) last week during BB trade 4 for $20 additional credit for Batman GOTY. The artwork is the worst I've seen for a PS3 game. Why oh why did Rocksteady have to plaster gaming scores all over the cover ???
Much thanks for posting that information on the save files. I guess I'll have to start all over which ain't necessarily a bad thing, since I bought the Sony 3D display and think it will be amazing to experience the whole game in 3D this time.
I also traded in my regular copy this past weekend. BTW, you can get $25 for it at FS with the Click coupon. However, FS doesn't carry the GOTY edition but if you know you're gonna buy something there eventually, it can't hurt. Despite the box art, I'm really excited. I think it's definitely worth the $10 upgrade if you love the game as much as I do. However, the PS3 save incompatibility is a shame for others. For others because I just got YLOD on my old PS3 so I'll have to be starting from scratch on everything.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 6, 2006
5882 posts
998 upvotes
Toronto
The save files being different is just ridiculous, how can this happen?
Jul 28, 2007
135 posts
14 upvotes
snuter wrote: Just a word of caution for PS3 users, the regular version of Arkham City and the GOTY version do not have compatible save files so you'll have to start a new single player game. (However, there is still only 1 set of trophies for both games.)
Thanks, what a stupid move by Rocksteady, next time I'll wait for the GOTY instead of wasting my time playing their games day one. > :(
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2012
1345 posts
314 upvotes
NEWMARKET
Chances are good, if you're buying the game again, you had the intention of playing again.

Yeah it kinda sucks, but I have no issues playing a game as good as this again!
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2005
3711 posts
1395 upvotes
Ottawa
Bargain Bin wrote: I also traded in my regular copy this past weekend. BTW, you can get $25 for it at FS with the Click coupon. However, FS doesn't carry the GOTY edition but if you know you're gonna buy something there eventually, it can't hurt. Despite the box art, I'm really excited. I think it's definitely worth the $10 upgrade if you love the game as much as I do. However, the PS3 save incompatibility is a shame for others. For others because I just got YLOD on my old PS3 so I'll have to be starting from scratch on everything.
Do you have to be a Click reader to use the coupon?. I can't find the coupons for June 15- July 14, only older ones, care to direct me somewhere?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)