• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2019 5:42 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1960 posts
209 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Armytek Wizard Pro USB Flashlight

I have this as my EDC for the past 2 years and it's fantastic. Use it when working underneath the car, camping, home repair and just to see what that noise was in the dark.

Amazon has it on promotion for $33.00 off (original price is $110).

Crazy powerful for its size, think oversize lipstick. Beam pattern is essentially flood with its diffuse optics. This has essentially replaced my Surefire U2 with upgraded Cree XML emitter (although it has it uses when it comes to lighting far away objects).

Cree XHP50 emitter (warm white 2150 lumens and cool white 2300 lumens option)
18650 Protected Lithium Cell
Magnetic USB Charger
Head Strap
Metal Clip
Images
  • wizardpro.jpg
  • wizardpro2.jpg
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2008
4087 posts
621 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal on a high-end brand. USB charging and a battery means you don't need to buy thing extra.

Too bad it's a headlamp style as I prefer conventional flashlights.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10362 posts
4996 upvotes
Toronto
I'm still using my ArmyTek Viking first edition since 2012!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1089 posts
141 upvotes
I am not knowledgeable when it comes to flashlights but looking for one to replace a trulite I had that seems to be dead.

Is it worth paying this much for a flashlight?

Thank you.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1960 posts
209 upvotes
SergeDufort wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 1:08 pm
I love Armytek...
Nice collection!

Mind me asking what cells you're using? I need to pick up a couple.
Last edited by baymoe on Mar 11th, 2019 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
1960 posts
209 upvotes
crustydragon wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 2:47 pm
I am not knowledgeable when it comes to flashlights but looking for one to replace a trulite I had that seems to be dead.

Is it worth paying this much for a flashlight?

Thank you.
Depends really. This is still somewhat of a niche product and many consumer lights are bridging closer towards these specialty lights when it comes to total light output. I love camping and regularly work on my car and doing reno. This light does 99% of the tasks for me. It's not going to be far reaching like a spotlight, but on its highest level, you'd easily spot anything that goes bump in the night within 30-50 yards.

I used to have a bit of a light problem (hanging around Candlepowerforums does this to you), and this basically killed my urge to get other lights. It's that good.

On the highest setting, expect it to drain that battery like a Dodge Viper on a coffee cup with the same amount of heat to boot. However, on nearly all other settings (which there are tons), expect it to last reasonably long. In other words, if you plan on impressing your friends, get an extra battery or two.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2006
1089 posts
141 upvotes
baymoe wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 3:06 pm
Depends really. This is still somewhat of a niche product and many consumer lights are bridging closer towards these specialty lights when it comes to total light output. I love camping and regularly work on my car and doing reno. This light does 99% of the tasks for me. It's not going to be far reaching like a spotlight, but on its highest level, you'd easily spot anything that goes bump in the night within 30-50 yards.

I used to have a bit of a light problem (hanging around Candlepowerforums does this to you), and this basically killed my urge to get other lights. It's that good.

On the highest setting, expect it to drain that battery like a Dodge Viper on a coffee cup with the same amount of heat to boot. However, on nearly all other settings (which there are tons), expect it to last reasonably long. In other words, if you plan on impressing your friends, get an extra battery or two.
Thank you that’s helpful. I just want something that will last. Still not sure how the trulite died on me because I rarely use it.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4084 posts
822 upvotes
Kitchener
Iirc this light has higher than usual waterproof rating. Might be okay for swimming / free diving?

Wish I didn't already own a Zebralight h600fc mk iv that I paid waaaaay more for.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Nov 14, 2006
615 posts
158 upvotes
Calgary
Thundercloud wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 7:06 pm
Iirc this light has higher than usual waterproof rating. Might be okay for swimming / free diving?

Wish I didn't already own a Zebralight h600fc mk iv that I paid waaaaay more for.
I'll take that h600fc off of your hands if you'd rather get this one. Winking Face

Actually, I've been meaning to get a Zebralight headlamp for some time now, and this post reminded me about it. Checked in on the ZL site, and it looks like they now offer free shipping to Canada (its been DHL/EMS courier only since I've been in the market, which adds almost a third extra in shipping costs and all but guarantees additional tax and import fees). I thought about going with this Armytek given the lower price, but balked due to the emitter (high cri or bust!). So now I have an H503c on the way (h600fc was actually my first choice, but it's backordered).
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4084 posts
822 upvotes
Kitchener
smrt123 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 7:44 pm
I'll take that h600fc off of your hands if you'd rather get this one. Winking Face

Actually, I've been meaning to get a Zebralight headlamp for some time now, and this post reminded me about it. Checked in on the ZL site, and it looks like they now offer free shipping to Canada (its been DHL/EMS courier only since I've been in the market, which adds almost a third extra in shipping costs and all but guarantees additional tax and import fees). I thought about going with this Armytek given the lower price, but balked due to the emitter (high cri or bust!). So now I have an H503c on the way (h600fc was actually my first choice, but it's backordered).
I'm game if you wanna pay what I paid (and there's a burnt spot on the top strap). ;)
It was $89 usd + $15 usd shipping when I bought it last May. It was sent vis EMS from China and delivered by CP. Didn't have to pay tax.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
11127 posts
6590 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Has anyone been to Armytech’s warehouse? I want to pick up nyogel that they sell but the shipping is ridiculous.
Dec 6, 2012
658 posts
205 upvotes
Regina
Thundercloud wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 7:06 pm

Hahaha the Zebralight is waaaaay better quality. But that's my opinion.
Last edited by waloshin on Mar 14th, 2019 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 6, 2012
658 posts
205 upvotes
Regina
smrt123 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 7:44 pm

Unfortunately the H503c is an AA light, therefore, not as bright as the H600 series which uses a much larger 18605 battery.

Though I am sure you are aware just educating others who may be looking into zebralight.

Just got a H600Fc Mk IV and paid no duties as the value was declared as $20.