Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

ASUS GeForce® RTX 2080 - $1009.99 + 8% ebates = $929.20

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2019 3:51 am
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1394 posts
783 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: I bought 2x 980 Ti cards for less than the cost of 2080 Ti card... Does a 2080 Ti even give double the performance? Prices are out to lunch - hopefully Radeon VII (which doesn't have ray tracing, which looks great but isn't worth the performance hit imo) helps push the prices down, it's supposed to be out Feb 6th I think and hopefully there is a good supply.
I don't know if a 2080ti gives double the performance of a 980ti, but I know for sure that 2 980ti in sli doesnt give double the performance of 1 980ti.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
AMD Sales Disappoint
Yahoo Finance - January 29th, 2019

Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) reporter better-than-expected earnings but sales came in light, and the company issued weak guidance for Q1. The chipmaker expects revenue for Q1 between $1.20 billion to $1.30 billion which was lower than analyst expectations of $1.47 billion.

Q4 sales for the chipmaker were lighter-than-expected at $1.42 billion. Analysts polled by Bloomberg were expecting revenue of $1.44 billion during the quarter.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2002
6065 posts
2507 upvotes
iamsiege wrote: I bought 2x 980 Ti cards for less than the cost of 2080 Ti card... Does a 2080 Ti even give double the performance?
A single 1080 Ti is already faster than SLI 980 Ti for the most part:

https://www.tweaktown.com/articles/8116 ... ndex6.html

The single card advantage should grow as Nvidia/AMD give up on SLI/Crossfire and new games often don't scale well across cards.

At high resolutions like 4K, the 6GB VRAM of the 980 Ti becomes a limiting factor as a single 2080 Ti generally beats a single 980 Ti by double and sometimes a lot more.

https://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/2135?vs=2141
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi fellow RFDers, yesterday I bought a RTX2080 that was taken from this T730 from a seller in downtown Vancouver for less than $800. Base on the trust from the text conversation and knowing the card is less than a month, we met at a Tim Horton at pacific centre without any testing.

THE CARD TURNS OUT TO BE DEFECTIVE and I spent entire night until 3am (still have to get up at 7 to work, didn’t want to wake him up so only texted what happened) and even reinstalled the entire system just to make sure it wasn’t a hardware issue

SELLER BLOCKED MY NUMBER WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION (call straight to voice mail and tried from different numbers)

To seller:

DUDE, the card is still within 30days exchange period and under full warranty from Lenovo!!! There are so many way to get the card fixed,or get Lenovo to send you an replacement machine or even refund but you decided to scam people by selling a defective card to your fellow RFDer???

Seriously shame on you, I know you are on the forum, watch for the karma, someday you will have to pay for this.

Thanks for all your time, just want to share this and please make sure to test the product even buying from local RFDer
Images
  • IMG_5696.PNG
  • IMG_5697.PNG
  • IMG_5698.PNG
  • IMG_5699.PNG
May 14, 2015
231 posts
99 upvotes
cnbobby wrote: Hi fellow RFDers, yesterday I bought a RTX2080 that was taken from this T730 from a seller in downtown Vancouver for less than $800. Base on the trust from the text conversation and knowing the card is less than a month, we met at a Tim Horton at pacific centre without any testing.

THE CARD TURNS OUT TO BE DEFECTIVE and I spent entire night until 3am (still have to get up at 7 to work, didn’t want to wake him up so only texted what happened) and even reinstalled the entire system just to make sure it wasn’t a hardware issue

SELLER BLOCKED MY NUMBER WITHOUT ANY EXPLANATION (call straight to voice mail and tried from different numbers)

To seller:

DUDE, the card is still within 30days exchange period and under full warranty from Lenovo!!! There are so many way to get the card fixed,or get Lenovo to send you an replacement machine or even refund but you decided to scam people by selling a defective card to your fellow RFDer???

Seriously shame on you, I know you are on the forum, watch for the karma, someday you will have to pay for this.

Thanks for all your time, just want to share this and please make sure to test the product even buying from local RFDer
if you were not even able to get into the bios before the operating system, its very likely a bad card
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeDDD wrote: if you were not even able to get into the bios before the operating system, its very likely a bad card
I was able to get into bios, sometime lucky even into the Windows but the device manager has an PCI card with yellow "!" there
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
are you sure your psu meets the requirement?
you have the 2 x 6pin i think connected propely?
May 14, 2015
231 posts
99 upvotes
cnbobby wrote: I was able to get into bios, sometime lucky even into the Windows but the device manager has an PCI card with yellow "!" there
it could be a driver issue, try safe mode, which only generic graphic driver is loaded. if it is fine in safe mode (no black screen, no hang up),then focus on driver. it would be very helpful if you have another desktop to try or swap parts with.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeDDD wrote: it could be a driver issue, try safe mode, which only generic graphic driver is loaded. if it is fine in safe mode (no black screen, no hang up),then focus on driver. it would be very helpful if you have another desktop to try or swap parts with.
I reinstall the win10 entirely and it won't get passed to final stage, but my 1070 is just fine
May 14, 2015
231 posts
99 upvotes
cnbobby wrote: I reinstall the win10 entirely and it won't get passed to final stage, but my 1070 is just fine
reinstall the os doesn't mean the driver is installed correctly. just try safe mode first. if same issue in safe mode. try swap memory with another computer. if no other computer to swap with, try 2 memory 1 at a time if you have 2 memory
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
MikeDDD wrote: reinstall the os doesn't mean the driver is installed correctly. just try safe mode first. if same issue in safe mode. try swap memory with another computer. if no other computer to swap with, try 2 memory 1 at a time if you have 2 memory
no luck
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
waven101 wrote: are you sure your psu meets the requirement?
you have the 2 x 6pin i think connected propely?
750W gold, full modular, power supply is connected properly
waven101 wrote: do you have a bios switch on that card maybe try that?
no this one doesn't have the switch
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2011
1055 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
waven101 wrote: can you not send it back to the manufacturer for warranty?
the card is from Lenovo which doesn't have retail warranty
Aug 13, 2018
41 posts
11 upvotes
TokyoG wrote: Not bad considering people still trying to sell used 1080ti for $750. Gonna wait until more title support ray tracing
Ya better to hang on till 3080ish

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)