Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x headphones $148

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2019 3:45 pm
59 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7568 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
Kfox wrote: $148 for Audio-Technica M50x, Amazon's lowest price in 5 years of tracking by camels
A friend of mine has it and likes them a lot. Personally, I got myself sony wh1000xm3 ( 400+tax) and have been beyond happy. The noise cancellation is amazing from noise to near silence in 1 second. I tried it once and could not go back. Perhaps not for people who just listen music at home in quiet environments though as there are better headsets out there at better $$ with no ANC.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
Pretty solid price in this market. I enjoy my M-100s, but this is a decent deal for some quality cans
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7983 posts
11533 upvotes
dazz wrote: A friend of mine has it and likes them a lot. Personally, I got myself sony wh1000xm3 ( 400+tax) and have been beyond happy. The noise cancellation is amazing from noise to near silence in 1 second. I tried it once and could not go back. Perhaps not for people who just listen music at home in quiet environments though as there are better headsets out there at better $$ with no ANC.
You're comparing two grossly different headphones.
Sep 19, 2009
430 posts
289 upvotes
Gtaphotog wrote: You're comparing two grossly different headphones.
Hardly comparing, he's just flexing.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2017
1693 posts
2449 upvotes
Ontario
Decent budget headphones, the M40 are better if you want less of a v shape.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2908 posts
3089 upvotes
Markham
I'm not a headphones person but looking for a good wireless noice cancelling headphone for a gift.
What would be the good choice for $150 or less?
-------
Thank you
Nov 3, 2005
625 posts
876 upvotes
Toronto
kunamvahees wrote: I'm not a headphones person but looking for a good wireless noice cancelling headphone for a gift.
Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 when on sale is under $150 and has good reviews.
Feb 11, 2016
608 posts
498 upvotes
Puissance wrote: Plantronics Backbeat Pro 2 when on sale is under $150 and has good reviews.
Nope. The NC is poor on the Backbeat Pro 2. There are many other NC headphones that are better at even lower prices. I recently bought Anker soundcore NC which has better NC.

As always, look at www.rtings.com for models.
Jun 18, 2015
570 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto, ON
dazz wrote: A friend of mine has it and likes them a lot. Personally, I got myself sony wh1000xm3 ( 400+tax) and have been beyond happy. The noise cancellation is amazing from noise to near silence in 1 second. I tried it once and could not go back. Perhaps not for people who just listen music at home in quiet environments though as there are better headsets out there at better $$ with no ANC.
why are you in this thread posting about $500 headphones?
Mar 7, 2011
687 posts
545 upvotes
Paris
M40X is at 129.99... go with m50x instead?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2018
7983 posts
11533 upvotes
kunamvahees wrote: I'm not a headphones person but looking for a good wireless noice cancelling headphone for a gift.
I got the Sony 950N1's for around $80 on eBay with a code but you should be able to get them for under $100 currently.

For the price the sound quality and NC is very good.
Mar 8, 2018
188 posts
89 upvotes
Got these for $200 2 years ago.

Excellent headphones . This is a good price for a quality product.
Xtreme value-maximizing customer
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7949 posts
2868 upvotes
Washington, DC
kaijujager wrote: M40X is at 129.99... go with m50x instead?
Absolutely yes.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7568 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
winenaught88 wrote: why are you in this thread posting about $500 headphones?
To repeat myself: I friend of mine has the m50x and he likes them. I tried them for a day along with the Sony's and decided to go with Sony due to ANC as my home environment is noisy and these don't cancel any ambient noise which forces you to up the volume and kill your ears... Plus I travel a lot, which makes ANC invaluable on planes, city, noisy motels, etc.
Soundwise, I found m50x to be the same or better than Sony and this is why I mentioned that if ANC is not needed then no reason to spend $500 as these are very very comparable. at the price posted, those are great headphones in the range under $200
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Nov 20, 2017
502 posts
748 upvotes
Found them a bit tinny, and noise cancellation over-aggressive.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3092 posts
3327 upvotes
I think sennheiser hd 559 are better for less money at regular price https://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-559 ... B01L1IIEKM

m50x are for using on the bus or something, they fold up to be slightly portable and they are closed for less sound leakage and isolation. but the sennheisers are better headphones

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)