[Amazon Canada] Audiobooks on MP3 CD under $5

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2018 10:28 pm
[OP]
Mar 19, 2005
389 posts
166 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Audiobooks on MP3 CD under $5

Amazon.ca has many audiobooks on MP3 CDs at very low prices. Looks like they're getting rid of inventory. Many different genres. There's around 500 titles under $5, and some more that cost a bit more. Free shipping with over $35 purchase as always.
9 replies
Sep 20, 2014
96 posts
36 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks OP, picked up some John Scalzi's audio books, they are narrated by Wil Wheaton (that kid from Star Trek TNG - Wesley Crusher).
[OP]
Mar 19, 2005
389 posts
166 upvotes
I just finished listening to his Fuzzy Nation! It was Audible's daily deal around a week ago.

There are more cheap books on CD if you search for "audio cd -mp3" under books, choose price, sort price low to high -- around 300 under $5.
Last edited by duggie on Nov 2nd, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 17, 2015
218 posts
87 upvotes
Winnipeg
rahari wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 9:33 pm
Thanks OP, picked up some John Scalzi's audio books, they are narrated by Wil Wheaton (that kid from Star Trek TNG - Wesley Crusher).
He's an amazing narrator! After listening to Ready Player One years back I sought out any other books read by Wil Wheaton and ended up with 3 of Scalzi's books. Fuzzy Nation was my favorite. Agent to the Stars was entertaining albeit a tad over the top silly.
Sep 20, 2014
96 posts
36 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
KrimsonStudios wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:52 pm
He's an amazing narrator! After listening to Ready Player One years back I sought out any other books read by Wil Wheaton and ended up with 3 of Scalzi's books. Fuzzy Nation was my favorite. Agent to the Stars was entertaining albeit a tad over the top silly.
Eyah, I picked up "Collapsing Empire" that is the first volume of new trilogy (second volume out soon I think too
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3030 posts
1097 upvotes
Vancouver
duggie wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2018 4:43 pm
I just finished listening to his Fuzzy Nation! It was Audible's daily deal around a week ago.

There are more cheap books on CD if you search for "audio cd -mp3" under books, choose price, sort price low to high -- around 300 under $5.
How do you select the price ? I don't have this option for books in the left side bar.
Jan 13, 2009
214 posts
51 upvotes
you know where you can get audiobooks for free (legally)? your library. for example, Toronto Public Library allows you to download mp3s of audiobooks and do with them whatever the hell you want (but technically it is your responsibility to destroy those files after the book lending period expires)
Jun 21, 2018
84 posts
32 upvotes
elfion wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 10:08 pm
you know where you can get audiobooks for free (legally)? your library. for example, Toronto Public Library allows you to download mp3s of audiobooks and do with them whatever the hell you want (but technically it is your responsibility to destroy those files after the book lending period expires)
Didn't know. Can you hint how to find those audiobooks? I know the overdrive thing but I think their content is not downlodable
Jun 21, 2018
84 posts
32 upvotes
Is the deal still on? Can't see any discounted audio book
Jan 13, 2009
214 posts
51 upvotes
vahk33 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 10:17 pm
Didn't know. Can you hint how to find those audiobooks? I know the overdrive thing but I think their content is not downlodable
it is. all you do if you install the "desktop" version of their application. and then you click download or something like that and it literally just downloads the mp3s right on your local computer in a nicely organized folder. no DRM or anything like that. I thought I will have to rip them through a virtual audiocable or something like that but no, you can just take them.