Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Aukey 180° - 198° Fisheye Lens + 110°/150° Wide Angle + Macro for your Iphone or Android Smartphone

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2018 5:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Aukey 180° - 198° Fisheye Lens + 110°/150° Wide Angle + Macro for your Iphone or Android Smartphone

AUKEY Optic Lens 180° Fisheye Lens + 110° Wide Angle + 10x Macro Mini Clip-on Kit For Iphone and Android
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B015HD7W9Q/
$8OFF coupon: AUKEYPC4
Final price $9.99!!

AUKEY Optic Lens, 198° Fisheye Lens + 150° Wide Angle + 15x Macro Mini Clip-on Kit For Iphone and Android Smartphones
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01BBGHJIW/
$11OFF coupon: AUKEY659
Final Price $16.99!

Great for landscape shots, macro, wide selfies and fun fisheye shots. D

2-year warranty!
Images
  • 71KQe8JXjLL._SL1500_.jpg
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 6th, 2018 10:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edit
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
13 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Anything similar to help with video recording (especially in low light)?
Aug 1, 2013
544 posts
675 upvotes
Pain
vkizzle wrote: Anything similar to help with video recording (especially in low light)?
Nothing will help your phone receive more light.

The 3 ways you can do this on a normal camera is a flash or video light which you'd be able to do with a phone. The other 2 options are swapping out hardware (full frame or a lens with a wider aperture), but not possible on a phone.
Last edited by Tired9190 on Nov 6th, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
which one is better to get?
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
vkizzle wrote: Anything similar to help with video recording (especially in low light)?
What phone do you have? If it's an older model, I highly suggest upgrading. Got myself Samsung s9+ and it is amazing in low light over LG G4 that I previously had, can't even compare photo quality between those 2!
No lens will help with low light ,but you can try a separate LED light/off camera light.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
dazz wrote: What phone do you have? If it's an older model, I highly suggest upgrading. Got myself Samsung s9+ and it is amazing in low light over LG G4 that I previously had, can't even compare photo quality between those 2!
No lens will help with low light ,but you can try a separate LED light/off camera light.
My main phone is a Xiaomi Note 5 and I have a backup 6S Plus.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1746 posts
3106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Get a real camera
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41798 posts
30054 upvotes
Center of Universe
Mahawka wrote: Get a real camera
Thanks Mr. Obvious!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
These type of lenses are really awesome for someone who wants to tinker with photography. I have tons of cameras and lenses but sometimes I just carry these types of lenses and my phone and walk around for opportunity. The macro lenses are the most fun, fisheye is okay.

The wideangle doesn't do much for me. For instance if I want to take a big group photo it's better to walk farther away then use the wide angle which will distort the edges. But sometimes you might be indoor and can't walk back in which case wide angle will be better then fisheye. But if it's static subject I would just do a panorama with no lens added.

I have used the aukey ones and also $2-$3 ones from eBay. I would suggest everyone avoid the aukey one. Their fisheye lense is straight junk. There will be no part of the picture that will be focused. I tried on multiple phones. The macro is fine, no better then the eBay ones. The aukey is made of more premium plastic and metal compared to eBay. But aukey fails at its basic purpose.

I have tons of aukey chargers and cables and I love them but this product is not worth it even if free. You'll keep wondering if you are doing something wrong.

Edit: my review is based on my time with two separate copies of 180° Fisheye Lens + 110° Wide Angle + 10x Macro Mini Clip. I have not tried the second package posted by OP.

Couple years ago I ordered a handful of $2-$3 ones from eBay and gave them as gifts. People loved it. Great stocking stuffers.
Last edited by fatestkid on Nov 6th, 2018 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: These type of lenses are really awesome for someone who wants to tinker with photography. I have tons of cameras and lenses but sometimes I just carry these types of lenses and my phone and walk around for opportunity. The macro lenses are the most fun, fisheye is okay.

The wideangle doesn't do much for me. For instance if I want to take a big group photo it's better to walk farther away then use the wide angle which will distort the edges. But sometimes you might be indoor and can't walk back in which case wide angle will be better then fisheye. But if it's static subject I would just do a panorama with no lens added.

I have used the aukey ones and also $2-$3 ones from eBay. I would suggest everyone avoid the aukey one. Their fisheye lense is straight junk. There will be no part of the picture that will be focused. I tried on multiple phones. The macro is fine, no better then the eBay ones. The aukey is made of more premium plastic and metal compared to eBay. But aukey fails at its basic purpose.

I have tons of aukey chargers and cables and I love them but this product is not worth it even if free. You'll keep wondering if you are doing something wrong.
Great. Thanks. You just saved me some money. I'll pass on this.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
bluetroll wrote: Great. Thanks. You just saved me some money. I'll pass on this.
I have a $800 fisheye lens for a dslr that I own and quality is not good compared to other wide angle lenses I own. That lens is fun to play and for certain shots but not for something I need quality pics.
You can't expect great quality from a $10 accessory! Use it for fun, use the wide angle and macro. See some images other buyers posted to see what you can expect.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
dazz wrote: I have a $800 fisheye lens for a dslr that I own and quality is not good compared to other wide angle lenses I own. That lens is fun to play and for certain shots but not for something I need quality pics.
You can't expect great quality from a $10 accessory! Use it for fun, use the wide angle and macro. See some images other buyers posted to see what you can expect.
No one is expecting the same image as a $800 lens. But the $2 eBay one is better then the $10 Aukey. That is the reason to pass on Aukey.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7571 posts
3145 upvotes
Canada
fatestkid wrote: No one is expecting the same image as a $800 lens. But the $2 eBay one is better then the $10 Aukey. That is the reason to pass on Aukey.
I think you misunderstood my point. The $800 fish eye lens I have is actually a crappy lens compared to another lens that I have which I bought for $200.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
dazz wrote: I think you misunderstood my point. The $800 fish eye lens I have is actually a crappy lens compared to another lens that I have which I bought for $200.
Yes I did. Sorry.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)