Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

AUKEY Dash Cam Sale - 33% off

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2018 6:23 am
Banned
May 9, 2015
226 posts
298 upvotes
Guelph, ON

[Amazon.ca] AUKEY Dash Cam Sale - 33% off

AUKEY Dash Cam Sale 33% off with code AUKCAM88

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0754XS67W
This one drops down to: $80.39

Front and rear set
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075VRXRD6
Drops to: $120.59
Thread Summary
NOTE: These coupons usually end Sunday nights.
111 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
8003 posts
4050 upvotes
Toronto
this has probalby been asked a million times, but how is the quality on these guys?
May 17, 2018
278 posts
125 upvotes
daivey wrote: this has probalby been asked a million times, but how is the quality on these guys?
Previous Hot Deals threads on previous sales of Aukey dash cams (never pay full price!) have suggested that they're pretty decent, but not everyone's favourite.
“Of this one thing make sure against your dying day – that your faults die before you do.” - Seneca
Jan 2, 2010
610 posts
394 upvotes
daivey wrote: this has probalby been asked a million times, but how is the quality on these guys?
Can't comment on the dash cam itself, but Aukey tends to be decent in quality. In my experience, it's not as good as Anker but still very decent.
Jan 3, 2016
39 posts
59 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I have one, it's nice but can't handle the extremes of Toronto weather, during the heat lately it starts restarting every couple minutes.
Personally... not recommended.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1377 posts
1186 upvotes
simoneyes wrote: I have one, it's nice but can't handle the extremes of Toronto weather, during the heat lately it starts restarting every couple minutes.
hmmm interesting.... so do not buy?
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1377 posts
1186 upvotes
simoneyes wrote: I have one, it's nice but can't handle the extremes of Toronto weather, during the heat lately it starts restarting every couple minutes.
does it have an external battery source for parking mode?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
asifnana wrote: does it have an external battery source for parking mode?
No. That is one of the tradeoffs by using a wider temperature range super-capacitor model.

However, you can use one of these for under $20 US including shipping and duties which will turn off before your car battery is drained (unlike power kits that connect to the fusebox): Universal OBD Power Cable for Dash Camera, 24 hours Surveillance/ACC mode with switch button.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074YZ1GKL

DON'T buy it from Amazon Canada. One moron there is selling this $12 item for almost $90. You could buy 4 from the US for the same price.

Or you can temporarily plug the camera into a portable USB power pack to keep it running.
Last edited by FatWallet on Jul 27th, 2018 11:41 am, edited 9 times in total.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Have you contacted Aukey? It comes with a 2 year warranty and they have excellent customer service.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1168 posts
1981 upvotes
Montreal
I'm curious to know about this as well. I currently have a blackvue with black magic pro for parking mode, wondering if i can use the BMP to power the aukey. or do i need something else. I guess i'll google that lol.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
In relation to dual camera systems, it is the best one for under $200 US. Mine can read license plates up to 20 feet away.

Google it.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
Comprehensive video review:

In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
Like almost all dashcams it uses USB power, so it's up to you and your car how it gets powered. Check if your cigarette light plug provides power with the ignition key off - some do, most don't. If it doesn't then you can either install a power kit that connects to always-on power (usually at the car's fuse box), or plug it into a USB power bank while parked.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
You don't need one. You can connect it to a fuse in your fuse box that is always on (e.g. door lock), and set the camera to only record when it detects movement. This has been working perfectly for me. It doesn't draw enough power to drain the battery.

You'll need:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00OHH ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078T7 ... UTF8&psc=1
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1172 posts
637 upvotes
Toronto
I've only had it for three weeks. Seems fine. Videos look good. Small footprint.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1377 posts
1186 upvotes
mawzi wrote: You don't need one. You can connect it to a fuse in your fuse box that is always on (e.g. door lock), and set the camera to only record when it detects movement. This has been working perfectly for me. It doesn't draw enough power to drain the battery.

You'll need:

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00OHH ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B078T7 ... UTF8&psc=1
what do you do with these 2 items?
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
asifnana wrote: what do you do with these 2 items?
You have to hard wire them to the vehicle's fuse box and they will drain the battery over time. I use the switchable OBD unit (see my post on Page 1). It just plugs into the always-on OBD test port that's usually under the dashboard.
In your pants!
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2014
2270 posts
1724 upvotes
I love the Viofo, and will stick to Viofo.
Dec 4, 2017
448 posts
614 upvotes
Whitby
Alvord wrote: I love the Viofo, and will stick to Viofo.
Am I wrong or both looks exactly the same, just a different brand logo?!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2814 upvotes
Alvord wrote: I love the Viofo, and will stick to Viofo.
Suggestion: if you're going to make a post like this in a thread about the Aukey camera, add some words about why you prefer your Viofo model over this Aukey model based on your experience with both. Otherwise it's pointless information about you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)