[Amazon Canada] Aukey mini clip-on bluetooth audio receiver $7.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 24th, 2019 11:52 am
[OP]
Sep 8, 2014
415 posts
1052 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Aukey mini clip-on bluetooth audio receiver $7.99

Aukey mini clip-on BT audio receiver minus $10 coupon (click to apply coupon on page) is $7.99.
Free shipping with Prime or add a small filler (Amazon requires you to hit $35 BEFORE the coupon is applied).

I have already received mine and it's great. 2yr warranty and clips nicely to the band on my NAD HP50 making them wireless. There is a mic as well for hands free calling but I havnt tried that yet.
I also plan on using this on my aftermarket Pioneer deck that does not have BT. Battery life is pretty good and battery life percentage is displayed on my Mi A1 running Android Pie.
Contrary to the negative review of poor sound output, I find it has plenty of power. Anything louder would definitely be detrimental to hearing.
Perhaps that particular reviewer had a very high resistance set of earphones?

https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Bluetooth-R ... 853&sr=8-9
Images
  • IMG_20190117_141239.jpg
Last edited by prohomy on Jan 19th, 2019 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
51 replies
Feb 18, 2013
498 posts
347 upvotes
Victoria
prohomy wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 2:42 pm
Aukey mini clip-on BT audio receiver minus $10 coupon (click to apply coupon on page) is $13.99.
Free shipping with Prime or add a small filler (Amazon requires you to hit $35 BEFORE the coupon is applied).

I have already received mine and it's great. 2yr warranty and clips nicely to the band on my NAD HP50 making them wireless. There is a mic as well for hands free calling but I havnt tried that yet.
I also plan on using this on my aftermarket Pioneer deck that does not have BT. Battery life is pretty good and battery life percentage is displayed on my Mi A1 running Android Pie.
Contrary to the negative review of poor sound output, I find it has plenty of power. Anything louder would definitely be detrimental to hearing.
Perhaps that particular reviewer had a very high resistance set of earphones?

https://www.amazon.ca/AUKEY-Bluetooth-R ... 853&sr=8-9
Does the 'multi function' button allow you to skip tracks?

Edit: read the description, looks like it does. Thx OP, getting one for my car.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2014
415 posts
1052 upvotes
peakingduck wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 2:58 pm
Does the 'multi function' button allow you to skip tracks?

Edit: read the description, looks like it does. Thx OP, getting one for my car.
There are forward/back and a multifunction button. The forward back does volume and track skip.
Jul 7, 2018
46 posts
35 upvotes
GTA
Will this work for the Nintendo Switch? I kinda want to use my Bluetooth headphones with the switch audio output.

Edit: just realized this is a receiver only, probably wouldn’t work.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
2655 posts
2233 upvotes
Mordor
sajan647 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 2:55 pm
Nice find but something like this is more convenient and works 2 ways! - https://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-Receive ... s=1&sr=8-1
you got me confused when you said 2 ways....
at least for me, when talking bluetooth devices, 2 ways means broadcast vs receive.....but now i get what u mean....wireless connect and plug in connect (both as receiver)
Nov 18, 2006
481 posts
137 upvotes
I'm using an older version AUKEY receiver in my car , plugged into the AUX input on my car radio, synch'ed to my iPhone and play music via Spotify...

Do you know when this newer receiver re-connects to the audio source, will it automatically start playing? Now I have to get out my phone, re-open the Spotify App, and hit play. And it's hit-and-miss whether it automatically re-finds my phone when i get in range, so I'm toggling the receiver on/off to re-connect.

My newer car has built-in BT -- the radio reliably finds my phone, and music starts automatically, so i don't even need to get my phone out of my pocket...
[OP]
Sep 8, 2014
415 posts
1052 upvotes
sajan647 wrote:
Nice find but something like this is more convenient and works 2 ways! - https://www.amazon.ca/Bluetooth-Receive ... s=1&sr=8-1
I've seen these before and most of my devices have a recessed 3.5mm plug that I don't think this would fit in. Id also be worried about battery capacity on something that small.
Aukey is also a brand I trust as they've been excellent in previous customer service interactions. Not too sure about LVSTR?
Dec 28, 2006
783 posts
545 upvotes
I think this is fine using in a car. But for home use, with headphones or speakers, you'd better get something else with aptX for better sound quality.
Oct 13, 2011
640 posts
179 upvotes
Brandon
I have the LG G7 with the built in high end DAC on the headphone jack. Is there any devices that work with the DAC?
Oct 13, 2011
640 posts
179 upvotes
Brandon
I have the LG G7 with the built in high end DAC on the headphone jack. Is there any devices that work with the DAC?
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1109 posts
208 upvotes
Keny wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:17 pm
I think this is fine using in a car. But for home use, with headphones or speakers, you'd better get something else with aptX for better sound quality.
Isn't aptx only useful when there is sync involved ? As when watching a movie and you don't want the sound too lag behind.
Aug 19, 2018
365 posts
306 upvotes
dboyman5 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:39 pm
Why would the DAC have anything to do with the Bluetooth? Anything going through Bluetooth is going to bypass the DAC.
Dec 3, 2012
962 posts
473 upvotes
Hongcouver
sajan647 wrote:
That is actually very interesting, I have never seen that before, but it wouldn't work for some (older of course) models as their AUX are hidden in the centre console. But that is so interesting that I almost wanted to get one just to try it. Wonder if it works on a PS4 controller haha.
CheapBuddy wrote:
Sep 4th, 2013 2:34 pm
thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Dec 28, 2006
783 posts
545 upvotes
fizz1234 wrote:
Jan 17th, 2019 4:50 pm
Isn't aptx only useful when there is sync involved ? As when watching a movie and you don't want the sound too lag behind.
A bit google: aptX explained. To minimize lag, you need aptX low latency (aptX-LL).

However, you also need the transmitter to have aptX to make it work.