Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] AUTO-VOX M3 Full HD 1080P Dual Lens Front and Rear Dash Cam Rear view Mirror Monitor with LED Superior Night Vision

[OP]
Dec 19, 2017
13 posts
19 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] AUTO-VOX M3 Full HD 1080P Dual Lens Front and Rear Dash Cam Rear view Mirror Monitor with LED Superior Night Vision

Amazon has this AUTO-VOX M3 Full HD 1080P Dual Lens Front and Rear Dash Cam Rear view Mirror Monitor with LED Superior Night Vision on sale for $105.53 when you apply the code LO7BG56X at check out. Shipping is free.
Images
  • 61pSUiL6ZhL._SL1500_.jpg
21 replies
Nov 20, 2009
677 posts
306 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
I wonder if the rear cam can be mounted in the rear window. My license plate is always filthy from road spray swirling.
Last edited by RSole on Jan 20th, 2018 7:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Jan 28, 2006
310 posts
84 upvotes
Brampton
Still works you need to apply the coupon "LO7BG56X".
Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1943 posts
696 upvotes
Scarborough
Anybody have this? I’m skeptical 🤨
Dec 26, 2014
29 posts
16 upvotes
Cobourg, ON
RSole wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 7:49 am
I wonder if the rear cam can be mounted in the rear window. My license plate is always filthy from road spray swirling.
My concern exactly. You are placing this device over your rear view mirror. When the camera gets dirty, you are going to be essentially rear view blind, not exactly safe IMHO.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1701 posts
324 upvotes
Markham
Nukester99 wrote:
My concern exactly. You are placing this device over your rear view mirror. When the camera gets dirty, you are going to be essentially rear view blind, not exactly safe IMHO.
I don’t think you’re supposed to run this camera when you’re driving. It records, but the display turns off. It acts like a normal rear view mirror in drive mode and the back-up screen only turns on when you put the car in reverse.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2008
1160 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
newbee question. how does one charge "rear cam" battery? or you need to have a power cable connected? (do you need to be handyman to do this installation?)
thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
2194 posts
638 upvotes
Gatineau
jurassic98 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 11:11 am
newbee question. how does one charge "rear cam" battery? or you need to have a power cable connected? (do you need to be handyman to do this installation?)
thanks
You need to be able to thread the wire from the front to the back the car. Not wireless but plugged in:

Also looks like the deals dead now.
---
TIL that having your twitter/steam information as a signature is self promotion now lol.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2451 posts
1086 upvotes
Calgary
skinnydoggy wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 7:57 am
didnt get this particular dashcam but I got an equivalent on a daily deal @$70 with both front & rear cam. arrived beginning of the week so didnt get a chance to install (looks easy enough though) but I did test it out inside the house plugged into a portable car booster.

besides the wide angle clip on rearview mirror cum display, its also a touch screen that lets one view the front, front with rear PIP, split front & rear, just the rear or display off. it looks like it works decently enough with an very easy install incomparo to a dedicated rear cam.

all in all, its a great & easy way to get a dashcam & a much needed rear cam for cheap. as a hardcore RFD'r, how can I not like that!!

edit on: fwiw, rear cam is wired & powered by the display itself. one can just leave it as is & use touch control to view rear cam or hook it up to the backup lights as off/on switch.
Sep 12, 2013
418 posts
171 upvotes
RSole wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 7:49 am
hi, rear cam is ONLY used as a backing up camera so I don't see any issue with that. it is disabled while you are driving forward, only enabled when driving backward.
In my case, I don't use the rear camera as my car has a built-in backing up camera already. I clean it from time to time if I see a lot of dirt in it when I do my usual routine check at my garage.
some people put the rear camera INSIDE their car at the back as long as the camera can visibly see the rear view and your rear camera is secured well in place.
Jan 12, 2017
445 posts
204 upvotes
Vancouver
How does rear view camera switch on when reversing? It is wired to reverse light?
May 30, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 7:57 am
I have its predecessor, the M2, so here's my issues with it:
  • For a low-ceiling small vehicle with a small rear view camera, this mirror is oversized to the extent it obstructs my view. A few times at four way stop sign intersections, this dash cam has concealed the vehicle to my right. The dimensions with the M2 and M3 are very similar, so I'd expect buying the M3, the problem will still persist.
  • Viewing angle could be wider with the M2 (140). The M3 is said to have improved this to 165 degrees.
  • M2 had a gold-coloured outline for the camera lens, defeating the purpose of a camera camouflaged as a rear view mirror. M3 has addressed this with an all-black camera.
  • M2 could only support up to 32GB of Micro SD storage capacity. The M3 has doubled the capacity it could support, but the seller still recommends 32GB and on-device formatting if you use a 64GB card.
  • M2 had a start up and shut down little jingle that was loud. It couldn't be turned off. I haven't seen this mentioned in the M3 reviews or questions, so I'm guessing they have removed the sound.
  • M2's screen was not enough to see during clear days. Seller says M3 brightness hasn't changed, just better image quality, so beware of that.
  • Like a dollar store quality wrist watch, you'll either have to deal with a useless timestamp, or frequently correct it.
Installation is a bit tricky for the rear view cam. You may have to drill a hole and add a rubber or soft grommet, but I avoided this by removing one of the screws for the trunk handle cover and using that hole to route the rear cam cable through. You'll also have to connect one of the wires to your vehicle's back-up lights. I just simply used a knife and peeled the coating off, wrapped the camera's wire onto the back up light wire, and wrapped it with electrical tape. Very sloppy job, but nobody looks in there anyway, so who cares.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
1943 posts
696 upvotes
Scarborough
boat73 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 1:49 pm
I have its predecessor, the M2, so here's my issues with it:
  • For a low-ceiling small vehicle with a small rear view camera, this mirror is oversized to the extent it obstructs my view. A few times at four way stop sign intersections, this dash cam has concealed the vehicle to my right. The dimensions with the M2 and M3 are very similar, so I'd expect buying the M3, the problem will still persist.
  • Viewing angle could be wider with the M2 (140). The M3 is said to have improved this to 165 degrees.
  • M2 had a gold-coloured outline for the camera lens, defeating the purpose of a camera camouflaged as a rear view mirror. M3 has addressed this with an all-black camera.
  • M2 could only support up to 32GB of Micro SD storage capacity. The M3 has doubled the capacity it could support, but the seller still recommends 32GB and on-device formatting if you use a 64GB card.
  • M2 had a start up and shut down little jingle that was loud. It couldn't be turned off. I haven't seen this mentioned in the M3 reviews or questions, so I'm guessing they have removed the sound.
  • M2's screen was not enough to see during clear days. Seller says M3 brightness hasn't changed, just better image quality, so beware of that.
  • Like a dollar store quality wrist watch, you'll either have to deal with a useless timestamp, or frequently correct it.
Installation is a bit tricky for the rear view cam. You may have to drill a hole and add a rubber or soft grommet, but I avoided this by removing one of the screws for the trunk handle cover and using that hole to route the rear cam cable through. You'll also have to connect one of the wires to your vehicle's back-up lights. I just simply used a knife and peeled the coating off, wrapped the camera's wire onto the back up light wire, and wrapped it with electrical tape. Very sloppy job, but nobody looks in there anyway, so who cares.
Hard no. I’ll stick in the 2-300 range. Thanks