Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Amazon.ca: AuYou HDTV Antenna Amplified HDTV 50 Miles - 8.49$ (Lighting Deal)...

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2017 12:24 am
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2006
1838 posts
268 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
Ordered. Hopefully it gets at least a few channels here in Burlington. The wife will be happy.
Feb 24, 2014
106 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton
Got 4 more days left on my prime trial. So this was perfect timing. Thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43247 upvotes
ONTARIO
Thanks. Bought one. Too bad we only get CTV2 HD clearly here with antennas like these. Need a roof mounted antenna for CBC/Global.
Jun 29, 2015
333 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bought one of these and it did not at all for me. I own a Clear TV antenna and get 8-10 channels - picked up nothing with this. Returned it without issue to Amazon - it could be that I just got a lemon, but thought people should be aware.
Mar 2, 2011
458 posts
95 upvotes
Gloucester
In the description it says 'IMPORTANT: before buying this antenna, please firstly ensure there is broadcast antennas signal tower near your house within 40 miles; if not, please do not buy this antenna; CHECK THE DISTANCE by searching antennaweb.org/antennapoint.com'
I checked antennapoint.com and it says 0 transmitters around me in a 65 mile range, should i pass on this then? I have your very basic antenna and it catches like 6 channels.

Also am seeing it for $14.99
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2561 posts
1777 upvotes
pardesi_bhai wrote: In the description it says 'IMPORTANT: before buying this antenna, please firstly ensure there is broadcast antennas signal tower near your house within 40 miles; if not, please do not buy this antenna; CHECK THE DISTANCE by searching antennaweb.org/antennapoint.com'
I checked antennapoint.com and it says 0 transmitters around me in a 65 mile range, should i pass on this then? I have your very basic antenna and it catches like 6 channels.

Also am seeing it for $14.99
It was yesterday's lightning deal, so the sale is over now.

Someone posted this on the first page, but you should use https://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29 to see how many channels you can get.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1718 posts
1755 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
dead, I see it's $14.99 now
Seems like PC had similar antenna for $4.99 last week btw
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8093 upvotes
Wow shockingly I got 14 channels on this thing. Clear as a bell. I got CBC which I am extremely excited about. I wanted this antenna to catch the Saturday hockey games uncompressed in HD. The picture quality is noticeably much clearer than what you get over cable. This thing is definitely worth it for $8. I just taped mine to the wall behind my TV. I have a window on the opposite wall facing the right direction to pick up some channels.

Thanks OP! This worked out to be a great deal for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
I was able to test it yesterday and compare it to the $30+ leaf antennas Amazon sells. Although the pricier antenna's leaf was 2" in hieght less, it actually was a bit more powerful by 2-4 decibels in SNR on every channel both received and made the difference in getting Fox (although it wasn't stable or consistent.) Both got around 20 channels. If they were the same price I would definitely stick with the pricier and a bit more durable antenna, but at 4 times the cost it's hard to justify. I agree, at $8.5 this is worth it and just shows you the profit margins the other companies are making.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)