Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

-- Back in Stock!-- Nestle 500ml Water - 24 pack $1.88 + free ship

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 21st, 2018 1:00 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
dantey wrote: Have you guys seen who delivers the cases?
Just curious because I just recently got an amazon shipment and when I looked out the window it was just some random year 2000 civic with a bunch of amazon parcels in the back.
Doubt they are getting paid much for delivering, but at least we had weekend service.
Yes, it's some dude in his personal car. Most of my amazon shipments are like that. I'm not sure if they have their own Uber like service, or if they have a deal with Uber use their drivers during low volume times.
It's gotta be at least $5 just for the gas to delivery from their Mississauga warehouse.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1396 upvotes
engineered wrote: Yes, it's some dude in his personal car. Most of my amazon shipments are like that. I'm not sure if they have their own Uber like service, or if they have a deal with Uber use their drivers during low volume times.
It's gotta be at least $5 just for the gas to delivery from their Mississauga warehouse.
It would be, but batching items together and items with higher margin will easily recover the cost of delivery.
They are definitely saving a lot more than the regular commercial parcel delivery services, by not having to pay for overhead (insurance, vehicle, gas, uniform, fat salary, etc).
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
dantey wrote: It would be, but batching items together and items with higher margin will easily recover the cost of delivery.
They are definitely saving a lot more than the regular commercial parcel delivery services, by not having to pay for overhead (insurance, vehicle, gas, uniform, fat salary, etc).
True, though I still think they can't profit selling cases of water for $1.88, but you can only get free deliver buying other stuff or with $70 prime membership.
I'm sure it's just loss leader to get us to buy more other stuff.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2759 posts
1396 upvotes
engineered wrote: True, though I still think they can't profit selling cases of water for $1.88, but you can only get free deliver buying other stuff or with $70 prime membership.
I'm sure it's just loss leader to get us to buy more other stuff.
The whole idea is to deaden your brain to purchases with them.
I know costco has done that to me already. My mentality is now, what's the big deal for a few bucks more with exceptional return policies.
McDonald's is trying to do the same with their mobile app.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6913 posts
5816 upvotes
Burlington
dantey wrote: Have you guys seen who delivers the cases?
Just curious because I just recently got an amazon shipment and when I looked out the window it was just some random year 2000 civic with a bunch of amazon parcels in the back.
Doubt they are getting paid much for delivering, but at least we had weekend service.
Been like that for more than a year. Many small packages that being sent from local warehouses are being shipped by these carriers - Dynamex, etc. I believe they work in their own time. I have seen my packages delivered at 2am, 5am, 6am.
Jul 12, 2015
263 posts
145 upvotes
Actually the last time I ordered this $1.88 water it was delivered hilariously by Purolator in a partially frozen condition (I'm in the GTA). I can't see how there is enough profit margin on a $1.88 sale that Purolator could possibly break even, not even if 100% of the cost went to offset freight.

Since this is a "prime only' offer, I'm wondering if it really is just a loss leader designed to increased the perceived value of having a Prime membership and to encourage new customers to shell over the $80 because of all the 'deals' out there..
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
slampii wrote: back in stock!
Thanks, bought.
Jul 12, 2015
263 posts
145 upvotes
thanks! Trying to get this moved back out of Expired deals again.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)