Winnipeg

[Amazon Canada] Backpack leaf blower 48cc poulan pro $199.99 F/S

Poulan Pro PR48BT 48cc Backpack Blower 199.99 free shipping

48cc 2-Stroke engine
200 mph/475 cfm
Cruise Control
Heavy duty frame
Variable speed control

About the cheapest price for a medium rated 48cc Backpack blower sold new these days.Weird to be a sale at this time of year since its almost fall. Usually goes for around 250-300 if you look around. Don' own one myself.But for the occasional user should suffice.
67 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2001
14559 posts
1424 upvotes
Oshawa
Remember ear protection.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Jan 23, 2013
41 posts
19 upvotes
orangeteam wrote:
Sep 1st, 2017 8:29 am
A rake is cheaper. And much better for the planet and you. These should be banned.
Rough natural stone patio under a beautiful weeping willow (tiny leaves). Rake will not do the job, so is either a soft broom for 20 minutes or one of these for 5.
Thank you OP, in for one.
Aug 9, 2010
376 posts
166 upvotes
orangeteam wrote:
A rake is cheaper. And much better for the planet and you. These should be banned.
Uh oh, another tree hugger.

You're all pissy about a leaf blower but you probably don't realize your own ecological footprint. Newsflash, it's probably not much different from someone that uses a leaf blower.

Leaf blowers have their place. They'll save time and make things easier in many cases. Just don't use them unnecessarily. :-)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7059 posts
944 upvotes
Winnipeg
orangeteam wrote:

https://www.almanacnews.com/news/2015/0 ... alth-risks
no not anymore. raking bagging compositing hurts trees for the bags and composting bagged fermenting of leaves and grasses cause green house emissions. Thats been know for almost a decade. Large scale disposal site and compositing isn't green anymore.

How many know that home composting can even be dangerous? The mold etc can cause respiratory problems.
Harald Morr, a leading pneumologist, said: "Even just opening the lid of a bin containing organic waste can cause mould spores to be stirred up which, if breathed in, can damage the lungs."
https://www.theguardian.com/science/200 ... alresearch

anything can be dangerous.Buts that life vs heaven

So its mulch it or leave it.Both can lead to complaints for some neighborhoods because its unsightly. How do you equally spread mulched leaves or grass like they were never there? Well its impossible for large lots to do it by hand. Blowers easily and quickly spread mulch without damaging the esthetic expensive look your original landscaping cost you. Best of all it does not add to your properties erosion. It puts all the raw material back where it came from for its hosts. Its basically free fertilizer.

Small yards go rechargeable. Large yards can't cause the tech is not there yet. Not with 30 min runtime.

Backpacks are for big yards that's their niche. Pick the tool for the job.Wear ear care, wear air protection...always!

I haven't bagged leaves or grass for years and never ever would.I have quite a few large leafy trees and can do a full fall cleanup in 45 to an hr min with no effort greater than cutting the lawn twice. Oh and with light weight aluminum tubing/elbows upto 20 feet high if needed. I get all the gutters too with no ladder. All in minutes with a blower.No extra strain. While my neighbors spend the whole weekends and rely on huge garbage trucks to haul the bags away to composite.
Mar 11, 2011
131 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
Does anyone know how comfortable these are?

How are Poulon pro products?

Debating if I should get this or a Sthil handheld, but they cost around 289 for a handheld.

Besides. Home depot is selling this for 248, wonder if anyone tried price matching.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2005
9187 posts
1609 upvotes
h3nry8888 wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 11:28 am
Does anyone know how comfortable these are?

How are Poulon pro products?

Debating if I should get this or a Sthil handheld, but they cost around 289 for a handheld.

Besides. Home depot is selling this for 248, wonder if anyone tried price matching.
Can't speak to this one, but I bought the Poulan gas leaf blower/vac off of Amazon a couple of months ago for $80 and the thing starts first pull everytime, lots of power, etc...
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000H5 ... UTF8&psc=1
I was doubtful about the Poulan because I had one of the Purple and green things from CT from years ago that was a pain, and I think it was manufactured for CT by Poulan. Having said all of this, I will say, from now on, I only use the premixed ratio'd fuel, luckily both my Stihl trimmer and Poulan blower are 50:1. The mix is stable, doesn't separate or gunk up, and I know it's mixed right, since using it, I notice that my machines run more consistently.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Jan 4, 2007
222 posts
5 upvotes
Can anyone explain why you'd go with a backpack blower over handheld?

I get the weight aspect, backpack would be easier to handle and use for a longer period of time.

Any other advantages? The handhelds seem to have smaller engines but more air volume and air speed....which doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
5256 posts
1457 upvotes
Kootenays
nocash wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 5:34 pm

I get the weight aspect, backpack would be easier to handle and use for a longer period of time.

Any other advantages? The handhelds seem to have smaller engines but more air volume and air speed....which doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Thanks
Depends on how long you use it. It can take me 3 hours to clear light (up to 3") snow from my resort paths. A blower gets much cleaner than a snow blower or shovel and there are no remnants to ice up under constant foot steps. The hand held that I have was starting to give me "tennis elbow". The combination of the weight at extension and vibrations just drove my elbow and forearm crazy. I now use a backpack.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
7059 posts
944 upvotes
Winnipeg
nocash wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 5:34 pm

Thanks
The blower fan is much larger on backpacks.the measurement of cfm is usually at end of nosel vs the fan on handheld. I have a small 28cc which is basically a sweeper. The 770t 68cc I use in fall is a different animal. I wouldn't have posted this if not for the price/cc ratio is so cheap for a backpack.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1837 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
smacd wrote:
Sep 2nd, 2017 5:53 pm
Depends on how long you use it. It can take me 3 hours to clear light (up to 3") snow from my resort paths. A blower gets much cleaner than a snow blower or shovel and there are no remnants to ice up under constant foot steps. The hand held that I have was starting to give me "tennis elbow". The combination of the weight at extension and vibrations just drove my elbow and forearm crazy. I now use a backpack.
I have an echo handheld gas and after using it for a while, the vibrations does cause my elbow and forearm problems. I would get this back pack unit, but in Vancouver there is a noise bylaw that restricts blowers above a certain sound level. I tried to find some specs on the Poulan Pro website but was unsuccessful.

all the best.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2006
1837 posts
210 upvotes
Vancouver
holy smokes found the answer to the sound level. It seems like it is 94 dBA. Not going to work for Vancouverites.
Sep 2, 2005
579 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
I purchased this blower a few months ago while deciding between a stihl backpack and this. This is no Stihl BR600. Can't even compare in power.

However, for the price, I'd rather get this instead of any handheld blower. It has a greater amount of power and won't tire out your forearms. I just hope the 2stroke engine is built well and won't give me problems. It has started up on every pull (40:1 ratio, 91 octane)

I talked myself into giving this thing a chance for $200... and if it sucked, I'd let myself save up to buy that BR600. I've been mighty impressed so far and think it's a great deal. I'm not sure if it can handle the rigours of commercial use though, this is primarily catered for residential use.