• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 8:03 am
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
104 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon Canada] Benchmade Mini Griptilian $99.99

I'm not sure if it's to clear out stock before a crackdown on Axis lock blades, or just a co-incidence, but the lower end benchmade mini griptilians are at a very recent lowest price.
I know there are lots of nice blades out there to tempt our wallets, but these are good prices on, quality made in USA EDC knives with high end 154CM steel plus fufilled by Amazon.
I didn't check triple Camel for all of their price histories (variations of blades etc) but these models are showing good price drops.
Model 556 droppoint
Model 556 sheepsfoot (with spyder style hole) $115

prices vary with colour and blade variations.
16 replies
Nov 20, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
They are clearing out old models i am assuming, since they upgraded the steel on the all the griptilians very recently.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
2353 posts
964 upvotes
West Coast
Have the plain edge, black grip model. Bought it 5 years ago and love it. Still my EDC and will be for a long time.

The AXIS locking system is amazing too.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Feb 10, 2013
125 posts
40 upvotes
Markham
It's been this price since before Christmas
Oct 14, 2014
467 posts
369 upvotes
Southern Ontario
dieseldub wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:26 pm
I'm not sure if it's to clear out stock before a crackdown on Axis lock blades, or just a co-incidence, but the lower end benchmade mini griptilians are at a very recent lowest price.
I know there are lots of nice blades out there to tempt our wallets, but these are good prices on, quality made in USA EDC knives with high end 154CM steel plus fufilled by Amazon.
I didn't check triple Camel for all of their price histories (variations of blades etc) but these models are showing good price drops.
Model 556 droppoint

Crackdown on Axis lock blades? What’s that about? I’ve been toying with buying a Benchmade Bugout.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
104 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lefroset wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 3:37 am
Crackdown on Axis lock blades? What’s that about? I’ve been toying with buying a Benchmade Bugout.
Canada Border control knife crackdown
I know it seems a bit "sky is falling" if you read the thread, but on a number of other forums and I recall reddit too, people have stopped buying these type of knives (tho mostly Chinese brands like Ganzo etc) if they have to cross the border since they seem to be getting confiscated with some regularity. ("rapid opening" knives like assisted knives and these axis-lock etc)

That was the appeal of buying from Amazon Canada to me (besides the price) note: They will charge you shipping if you try to return them. (RFD's buy now think later policy didnt work out in this case for me Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes )
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
104 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jthomson123 wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 1:49 am
It's been this price since before Christmas
yes that is true, but I didn't see a post on these recently low prices (previously only matched 3 to 5 years ago)
Just giving people a heads up.
I have been eyeing these knives for a while, but don't check prices of everything on my mental wishlist regularly, so I was happy when I found out about these price drops.
Feb 18, 2007
208 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
dieseldub wrote:
Feb 12th, 2019 7:26 pm
Model 556 droppoint

Only BLUE is $99.99, Pink is $114.95

Might want to add that somewhere before anyone else wastes their time clicking through all the variations.

The new ones are out and they are $20-$30 more than the previous version. Mini grips are now $135-$152 in Canada. Just for a new steel I couldn't give a bigger crap about.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
104 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danascully wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 10:52 am

Might want to add that somewhere before anyone else wastes their time clicking through all the variations.

The new ones are out and they are $20-$30 more than the previous version. Mini grips are now $135-$152 in Canada. Just for a new steel I couldn't give a bigger crap about.
I did mention in then first post that prices vary.

Though perhaps it’s the amazon pricing algorithm but but when I originally posted most of the options were $99.99.
Thank you for your contribution !
Pat yourself on the back
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
1287 posts
768 upvotes
danascully wrote:
I could've built a successful business in the time wasted clicking through the variations
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
104 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
danascully wrote:
sorry for my initial snarky reply,
I was frustrated by two screaming kids in the back of my car while I was driving on the 401 and responding to your post, then some @$$hat cut me off.

Are you sure you are not looking at USD prices for the new versions, for $135-$152 I'd be happy to pay the premium for the G10 scales and fancy spacers alone.
Nov 5, 2018
32 posts
26 upvotes
dieseldub wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:55 pm
sorry for my initial snarky reply,
I was frustrated by two screaming kids in the back of my car while I was driving on the 401 and responding to your post, then some @$$hat cut me off.

Are you sure you are not looking at USD prices for the new versions, for $135-$152 I'd be happy to pay the premium for the G10 scales and fancy spacers alone.
Please don't text and drive with your kids in the back.

You were cut off probably because your were driving in the left like everyone else in Ontario.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
104 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ferinthu1 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 6:01 pm
Please don't text and drive with your kids in the back.

You were cut off probably because your were driving in the left like everyone else in Ontario.
nope not me, I'm strictly a middle lane driver.
That said, I do wish everyone in Ontario would "thank you" wave.
[OP]
Nov 24, 2014
104 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gtaphotog wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:08 pm
I could've built a successful business in the time wasted clicking through the variations
Tru dat, even tougher trying to determine which options are available.
seemed only certain color and blade combinations are available.
The app seems to make deciphering the combination/availability /price matrix easier to navigate
Aug 28, 2011
118 posts
37 upvotes
CALGARY
danascully wrote:

If you’re not into the steel then save 70% and go for this. Happy with mine.

KUBEY KU095 Stainless Steel Blade... https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07H8XML3X?ref ... b_ap_share