Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Amazon.ca] Big Boss 700-Watt Juicer -- 39.94$

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2014 4:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4417 posts
11410 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] Big Boss 700-Watt Juicer -- 39.94$

Deal Link:
It's Temporarily out of stock but you can still put your order

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/8 ... L1500_.jpg[/IMG]
In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
12 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
Thank(ed)s OP.
As always - some positive, some negative comments, but the following worries me:"Mine only lasted a couple of months and the motor gave out. Plus, I had to wrap a towel around it or my walls got covered in food." :cheesygri
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain) Assumption is the mother of all "foul-ups" (Under Siege 2: Dark Territory 1995) None of us knows anything, not even whether we know anything or not (Metrodorus of Chios, 4th century BC)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
upside its amazon, so if it does die, free returns
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
Richfields wrote: upside its amazon, so if it does die, free returns
Noted :) Does Amazon.ca pay for all the shipping, too ?
It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt (Mark Twain) Assumption is the mother of all "foul-ups" (Under Siege 2: Dark Territory 1995) None of us knows anything, not even whether we know anything or not (Metrodorus of Chios, 4th century BC)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3790 posts
2424 upvotes
West Coast
oldpro wrote: Noted :) Does Amazon.ca pay for all the shipping, too ?
Yup. I don't see the warranty period stated anywhere on their listing but best bet is to have a quick livechat with one of their reps and find out how long its covered and then get an email transcript of it so when/if it dies you'll have that as backup but i've returned stuff beyond the normal dates and they've always taken em back. Granted i buy A LOT from them but still, their customer service is well known for being awesome. Basically an online version of costco :)
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2010
1319 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
Richfields wrote: Yup. I don't see the warranty period stated anywhere on their listing but best bet is to have a quick livechat with one of their reps and find out how long its covered and then get an email transcript of it so when/if it dies you'll have that as backup but i've returned stuff beyond the normal dates and they've always taken em back. Granted i buy A LOT from them but still, their customer service is well known for being awesome. Basically an online version of costco :)
Very much appreciated and thanked.
Cheers :)
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Are these better for juicing or just the Ninja's or the magic/nutri-bullet.
I have heard that these are difficult to clean...
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5068 posts
3305 upvotes
Think I have this exact model design, although strangely it doesn't have the big boss name on it like that. In any case, can't say I'm too pleased with mine and hardly ever use it any more.

2 main gripes
1. Cleaning often requires a brush and you'll feel like you'll be at it forever on that meshed portion -- in all likelihood you'll give up.
2. I always felt like the pulp still retained much of its moisture to the point in which I'd sometimes re-juice it in hopes of getting more. If you're going to re-use the pulp for a pie or something of that sort then maybe it's not as big of a deal.

For me, it was great in theory, but like I said I never really used it all that much. I also wondered at times that if I purchased a higher end juicer that I'd ultimately have more juice and dryer pulp.
Dec 9, 2003
118 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver Island
Just in the realm of juicers from amazon.ca... I just bought a Breville Ikon from them, refurb for $130 (regular price $200) - love it. It truly is easy to clean. Just used it a few minutes ago, 7 pieces in my drying rack right now, only one requires actual work to clean, and it takes 2-3 minutes with the included brush. Easy to use, easy to clean. I think you're more likely to use it if it isn't a pain in the butt to use, so do check reviews carefully.

Very quick shipping from amazon, and I'm in the boonies. And now I need to finish my sweet potato/carrot/cucumber/fennel/lime/broccoli/pineapple/watermelon/apricot/pear/nectarine/ginger juice. Okay, so I had stuff I wanted to use up... :D

Edited to add, after seeing the comment about pulp... I had another juicer years ago (very cheap one), used it just a few times due to wet pulp and waste (and cleaning time)... my pulp from the Breville is so dry, it's mind boggling. It does vary depending on fruit/veg used, but consistently it's dry to the touch. Today was damp due to all the very overripe tree fruit, but still decent.
Aug 31, 2011
367 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
I've had this or another model of Big Boss and took it to Goodwill. It leaked all over the place because top was not sealed enough to prevent spillage.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
1950 posts
169 upvotes
I have this model, had no issues with leaks or anything of the sort. Works great, for $40, you can't go wrong
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
3871 posts
1959 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Showing $69.99 for me? Doesn't seem like I want to order anyways. I've been buying so much random stuff to take advantage of my Prime trial. Terrible. :facepalm:
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
Yup, looks like the hot price is gone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)