• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2017 8:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1857 posts
769 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Black & Decker 20-Volt Max Lithium Pole Hedge Trimmer

For those that recently started buying into the 20v system from Black & Decker, one of their yard tools is at the lowest all time.

Sale price is $119.99 but when you add to cart you get an additional $10 from the Spend $60 get $10 off promo.

This is a bit lower than the bare tool price when on sale. So getting an extra battery is a bonus. We have other yard tools on this system.

It's the hedge trimmer on a pole. Niche market for those who have really tall hedges. No more using a ladder for me.

Reviews say it is heavy, but that's expected for a hedge trimmer on a stick ;)

This works with the 20v B&D Matrix batteries for those that bought recently. Also compatible across all their yard tools.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3672 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
nice deal thanks op
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1116 posts
177 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
I've had this for a couple years, and it's great, however, yes, it gets heavy after a while. Also, it's Black and Decker, which I have learned to hate - ha.

I've recently switched all my crappy Black and Decker outdoor equipment to Stihl and have no regrets. (I understand that they are in a different league).
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2772 posts
1113 upvotes
Canada
DarkCanuck wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:27 am
I've had this for a couple years, and it's great, however, yes, it gets heavy after a while. Also, it's Black and Decker, which I have learned to hate - ha.

I've recently switched all my crappy Black and Decker outdoor equipment to Stihl and have no regrets. (I understand that they are in a different league).
What else did you have, and what were the issues? Thanks in advance...
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1116 posts
177 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
grantz wrote:
May 19th, 2017 11:29 am
What else did you have, and what were the issues? Thanks in advance...
I have the trimmer (weed eater) and blower. The trimmer was great for small yards for sure, and the blower was handy for dust/small debris, but the blower would plow through batteries quite fast. I have 3 batteries too and after a couple years they are at about 30% capacity (understandable). Honestly, if you have a small yard and only want something that will last a couple years before you need new batteries, they're fine. I wanted to invest in something that will last for a decade (hopefully) instead.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2002
3672 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the hedge trimmer and its 36v but uses a different system and also I have a garden cultivator that uses this 20V system. Picked this up to trim those hard to reach places
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
2772 posts
1113 upvotes
Canada
Thanks! Did you have the 2 amp hour or 4 amp batteries?
Apr 3, 2010
278 posts
172 upvotes
Just for your info, the US Amazon has a corded pole hedge trimmer for less than US$50, which is the lowest price I've ever seen for any pole hedge trimmer:

https://www.amazon.com/Earthwise-18-Inc ... B004H4X6PQ

I ordered one for myself today, for delivery in the US. It'll be driven over to me in Canada, at some point.
Dec 20, 2006
364 posts
112 upvotes
Ordered one. Thanks OP. Already have a few of the yard tools in this series and they suit my basic needs.