Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Drill $49.99

Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH

[Amazon.ca] Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt Lithium-Ion Drill $49.99

Amazon DEAL OF THE DAY:

Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver with 30 Accessories - $49.99

Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
Warm deal I guess, 3xcamel indicates this as a new low for amazon.

Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
28 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
is this the battery that people dont like?
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10229 posts
3143 upvotes
Montreal
Millenniunn wrote: is this the battery that people dont like?
10 reviews, all 4 and 5 star. It's also Lithium ion, so it should be fine. Uses the same battery on my cordless trimmer. No problems.
Feb 23, 2010
128 posts
162 upvotes
Yes.
However, I have a previous model (18V) I bought around 5 years ago and the battery is still going strong. I'm not a heavy user, but it's my tool to set up the winter car shelter and change my tires.
I'm tempted, even though mine is still working fine despite the case being cracked after I dropped it when I was at the top of my ladder.
Jun 5, 2012
34 posts
7 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Jebediah wrote: Yes.
However, I have a previous model (18V) I bought around 5 years ago and the battery is still going strong. I'm not a heavy user, but it's my tool to set up the winter car shelter and change my tires.
I'm tempted, even though mine is still working fine despite the case being cracked after I dropped it when I was at the top of my ladder.
What's wrong with the battery?
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
yuprules wrote: 10 reviews, all 4 and 5 star. It's also Lithium ion, so it should be fine.
590 Positive reviews on amazon.com
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
May 17, 2016
13 posts
7 upvotes
Is this a good deal? I am contemplating purchasing...
Sep 22, 2013
67 posts
10 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
anyone know how much extra batteries for this and where would be a good cheap source for the battery? thanks in advance.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
Millenniunn wrote: ya, im not saying this one isn't good. just saw people said there is one type of batteries that they don't like when someone posted a drill before. i forgot which type was that.
The battery is good; The 20-volt max battery is shared across B&D's new line of DIY and lawn and garden tools too.

I'm tempted to upgrade to this as I have the old NiCad version (7 yrs old).
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2460 posts
2941 upvotes
Laputa
GiOBoY wrote: The battery is good; The 20-volt max battery is shared across B&D's new line of DIY and lawn and garden tools too.

I'm tempted to upgrade to this as I have the old NiCad version (7 yrs old).
in for one, thank you~

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Jun 11, 2009
135 posts
27 upvotes
Oakville
Just snagged one - perfect timing as I was looking for one. Thanks GiOBoY!
Dec 12, 2012
390 posts
355 upvotes
Winnipeg
farhanshak wrote: anyone know how much extra batteries for this and where would be a good cheap source for the battery? thanks in advance.
Batteries run about $50 - $60 on sale. I tend to try and buy combo packs on sale cause I hate buying just batteries. Home depot had a set on sale last year which was a blower, trimmer and a battery for $100. Buying this drill is probably as cheap as it gets for just a battery. I also bought a tiller for $100 with battery that works fantastic.

There is also a promo on now where you get $10 off when spending over $60 on Black and Decker. Not sure if it will apply to this deal though.
Sep 30, 2014
240 posts
341 upvotes
Montreal
Thank you ! Just moved in a new apt. and needed a drill. Nice price!
Dec 12, 2012
390 posts
355 upvotes
Winnipeg
GiOBoY wrote:
Amazon DEAL OF THE DAY:

Black & Decker LD120VA 20-Volt Max Lithium-Ion Drill/Driver with 30 Accessories - $49.99

Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.
Warm deal I guess, 3xcamel indicates this as a new low for amazon.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/black-decke ... 0189223597

This may be a better deal if you can find stock. Unfortunately nothing around me or I would be on it.
Jun 14, 2010
148 posts
8 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks OP. I grabbed one too. As mentioned in a previous posting, I too, have a weed wacker with the same battery so, I'll be able to interchange !
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10596 posts
15787 upvotes
GT-EH
WhoCanDeal wrote: Batteries run about $50 - $60 on sale. I tend to try and buy combo packs on sale cause I hate buying just batteries. Home depot had a set on sale last year which was a blower, trimmer and a battery for $100. Buying this drill is probably as cheap as it gets for just a battery. I also bought a tiller for $100 with battery that works fantastic.

There is also a promo on now where you get $10 off when spending over $60 on Black and Decker. Not sure if it will apply to this deal though.
Since the lithium-ion battery is interchangeable - it'd be more economical to buy another B&D tool that comes with another battery.

For example: https://www.amazon.ca/Black-Decker-Lith ... B00V93UAFC
Feb 23, 2010
128 posts
162 upvotes
vandownbytheriver wrote: What's wrong with the battery?
I'm what's wrong with the battery :(
Confused NiMh with LiIon. If it helps, my model uses NiMh and is still going fine, so this model should be even better.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)