• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 11:55 am
[OP]
Feb 27, 2015
520 posts
223 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon Canada] BlackBerry Priv Factory Unlocked

Sold by Fashion_Outlet15 and Fulfilled by Amazon.

Looks like a decent deal

9 left

- Enjoy
25 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6650 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto
And for those who will ask... Android phone, unfortunately won't get Nougat (confirmed by Blackberry).
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4780 posts
594 upvotes
GVR
cwb27 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:07 pm
And for those who will ask... Android phone, unfortunately won't get Nougat (confirmed by Blackberry).
Also likely to be EOL by end of 2018. i.e. Potentially no more security updates after that point.

Hard to find a decent screen protector for it as well, due to the curved screen edges.
Jan 12, 2015
96 posts
68 upvotes
Dundas, ON
By the RFD's standards, don't bother to post this phone unless under $200. I think last I saw on ebay was at around $275. I own it and it's rather slow, works well for social media and chrome runs well with under 40-50 pages opened.
Aug 26, 2015
118 posts
71 upvotes
I have it too. I would say judging from the building quality of it, $300 is definitely worth it. And speed wise, I can’t tell which one is slower, my iPhone 7 with iOS 11 or the priv with android 6.0.1.
I got the priv from amazon as well. It’s handling my day to day task really really well. I don’t do games on phone, only web browsing and texting, the blackberry hub is superb. For cons, I would say the keyboard is not as good as the previous bb10 phones, but definitely better than a touch screen lol.
The camera is pretty weak tho, and the responding time is like forever.
Overall it’s a nice phone. Most people are complaining about the battery. I don’t have a say in it because I haven’t been using it for long. In my case. The battery is good , tbh way better than my iPhone 7. The reason I got it was because it was the last phone “truly” produced by blackberry.
Deal Addict
Jul 17, 2011
3556 posts
1139 upvotes
Very nice phone and different.

things you'll likely complain about:
1. Heats up very quickly. So it will get super hot when using for few minutes.
2. Battery life is terrible.
3. Slow at times. Likely when it's hot already.
4. Selfie camera sucks bad.

Otherwise good phone.
Mar 5, 2011
46 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
Noticed one of these reviews on Amazon:
Blacberry Priv is great however this seller is sending AT&T unlocked phones. The phones will work in Canada but you will not be able to update the software without an AT&T sim card. Beware, they do not tell you this in the listing. I returned the product since a phone that can't update is useless to me. I lost out on a heavy "restocking fee".
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2204 posts
238 upvotes
Toronto
clubbah wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:53 pm
Noticed one of these reviews on Amazon:
For $300 for this? SMH :facepalm:
Nov 7, 2005
81 posts
14 upvotes
There was an earlier sale of this phone on Amazon, which I grabbed. I'm loving mine. Yes, if you get some piggy apps running, it gets warm, but that can happen to any phone.
I've been more than happy with my Priv. With DTEK, it is more secure than most Android phones too.
If you pick one up, be sure to order a cover at the same time. ( I went with the BB leather folder cover) I agree with other comments that is likely difficult to get a screen protector for this phone (or any curved phone for that matter.
Display, full Android and 20 Mb camera (with 4K recording) are what sold it for me. No regrets.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2289 posts
117 upvotes
My PRIV died on me a few days after the one year warranty was up from Rogers. Battery gets really hot and dies at around 60% left.

I do not recommend this phone.
Damage due to RFD Since April 2013: $3173.00
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2003
4780 posts
594 upvotes
GVR
blues45 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:10 pm
My PRIV died on me a few days after the one year warranty was up from Rogers. Battery gets really hot and dies at around 60% left.

I do not recommend this phone.
These days, for any phone without user-replaceable battery, I'd suggest sticking to the 20-80 charging/discharging guideline (not a rule/law).

(I have my WeMo with IFTTT just for this purpose).
May 30, 2017
153 posts
37 upvotes
Streetsville, Missis…
It's a Snapdragon 808 phone... I'm speaking from experience when I say that Snapdragon 808s run really hot and slow for the most part. Especially on 1440p screens (using one with these specs rn) :/ But the keyboard and screen are real nice though