• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 2:12 pm
[OP]
Mar 17, 2015
208 posts
272 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK

[Amazon Canada] Blue Naturally Fresh Walnut based cat litter $9.49

BLUE Naturally Fresh Quick-Clumping Cat Litter 14-lb bag.

This walnut based litter is great stuff! I hope it will always be available because I never want to put anything else in the cat's litter box now!

Currently the 14 lb GREEN BAG (Clumping) & the 14 lb PURPLE BAG (Pellet/non-clumping) are on sale. Sales seem to come & go frequently on different bags.

To date, we have used the green & blue bags in the cat's box with phenomenal results. Eventually will try all variations when can get them on sale. Be wary though, the 6 lb bags go on sale for the same/more money that the 14 lb sale prices (not sure why anyone would go smaller when it's delivered to your door!).
Last edited by TomRFD on Mar 5th, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).
26 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
1930 posts
560 upvotes
Edmonton
If your cat is using the pellet form, I’d suggest looking at wood pellets as an alternative. 40 lb bag at Home Hardware for $5 on sale, lasts about 6 months.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Apr 20, 2009
843 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
Sucks that it's an add-on item only.
Dec 4, 2012
161 posts
107 upvotes
Calgary
Awesome, thanks OP!

We always use this for our cat and I was looking for additional items to buy for my other add-on items!
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2002
1532 posts
170 upvotes
We tried this stuff a couple of years ago and have never gone back to regular clay litter. We have multiple cats and the one thing I hated the most was the the dust clouds that came after doing litter, inhaling and smelling them. Due to the properties of crushed walnut it does not go airborne and the smell is pleasant and minimal. Clumping is equivalent to clay. Lastly, although it costs more per pound compared with clay, I find i need less liter for the same amount of waste compared with clay.

The last best deal for this stuff was black friday a couple of years ago for 15.75 for the 26 lb bag. This is pretty close
Resident Tranceaddict
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
9133 posts
7945 upvotes
Oakville
So it looks like 14.9cents/100g, which isn't bad. Bought a couple to try out.
Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2157 posts
1106 upvotes
GVRD
I am wondering if this is better or equal to World's Best Cat Litter? Or should I say that I am using the green one from World's Best and which one would be equivalent?

I won't let my cat use any of the clay stuff.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2064 posts
261 upvotes
drew4008 wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 1:03 pm
Sucks that it's an add-on item only.
Odd, I ordered 3 and it went through by itself.
Nov 12, 2016
183 posts
126 upvotes
pkphilip wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 2:25 pm
I am wondering if this is better or equal to World's Best Cat Litter? Or should I say that I am using the green one from World's Best and which one would be equivalent?

I won't let my cat use any of the clay stuff.
I'd like to know as well, I was using pine litter but they started sneezing a lot. Worlds best has been pretty good the past week. It's pretty pricey though
Nov 9, 2010
772 posts
934 upvotes
Montreal
Was unsure if this litter was good but youtube videos seem to suggest that the litter doesn't clump as well so I'm not fully convinced even though quite a few of you approve of it.

(timestamped)
Sep 12, 2008
54 posts
9 upvotes
Nanaimo
Grabbed 2 Green bags to try. Purple deal is gone .

Was using Worlds Best but found it didn't have the odor control.
Sep 8, 2004
892 posts
73 upvotes
In for two of the Clumping. We've been using the silica gel stuff from Superstore in hopes of keeping the tracked dust down, but there's still dust with the silica gel and not great odour control, so hopefully this will do (and the cats won't mind the switch). Thanks, OP!
Dec 23, 2010
142 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
What are the advantages of using this or world's best vs the costco cat litter?
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1593 posts
903 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Order 3 bags then you can get free ship, 3 x 14 lbFace With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Mar 17, 2015
208 posts
272 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
pkphilip wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 2:25 pm
World's Best is corn based correct? The corn based stuff used to be our go to litter but brands varied quite a bit (some too strong a perfume, another poor odor control, some too dusty, etc). We were fond of the Walmart Special Kitty corn based but haven't been able to get for awhile.

This is our go to litter now.

It CLUMPS VERY WELL (we have tried the blue & green clumping ones so far) and fortunately it doesn't turn into one solid box clump (if it is left too long between scoopings)! When cleaning the box, the clumps do break apart more than some other clumping products but this also helps minimize box cling-tos & thus makes for easier scooping.

TRACKING IS LESS (not sure why as they are smaller particles) AND this product has the LEAST AMOUNT OF DUST we have ever seen in a litter to date! Low dust is important to us as litter box is in the basement utility room where our power vented water heater is also located (too much dust coats the power vent/fan/vacuum tube, causing the water heater to fail & throw fault codes that require the whole assembly to need a good high blowout cleaning to become operational again). Try & let you wife have a cold morning shower in a Saskatchewan winter & see how fast you'll want a different litter!

Initial price is more (even on sale) yet wait... THIS LITTER LASTS a very, very, VERY LONG TIME! With other litters, we were scooping once/twice a week & topping up with fresh litter (for one cat) & we had to do a full box change out every 3-4 weeks. Coming up to three months, we have still not needed to do a complete change out & still no odor (of the three 14lb bags purchased, we just opened the second bag a little more than two weeks ago!)!! With any other litter, we would have gone through a lot more already (typically more than one equivalent sized bag every three weeks). Thus WE ARE DEFINITELY SAVING MONEY OVERALL (when getting this on sale).

To summarize, 'Naturally Fresh' walnut based litter lasts an extremely long time, has very little dust, practically no smell with little 'in-use' odor, clumps decently without sticking excessively to the box, little tracking, & best of all, costs less in the long run (due to long lasting nature).
Smile at strangers... joy is easier to spread than misery (unless the stranger offers you candy, then run like hell!).