• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 4:47 pm
[OP]
Dec 7, 2008
153 posts
74 upvotes
Hamilton

[Amazon Canada] Board Game: Santorini $39.90

I think this is a great price considering it's sold out on all the major online board game stores. They also sell it in the $45-50 range where this is sold and shipped from amazon for $39.90.

Edit: changing category - weird that there isn't a board game category
12 replies
May 19, 2010
449 posts
132 upvotes
Brampton
Great game! Got this when it first came out and have noticed stock to be scarce for the past few months in most stores.

Easy to learn and best with two players for some strategic gameplay.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5960 posts
863 upvotes
cuppycakesaurus wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 10:42 pm
I think this is a great price considering it's sold out on all the major online board game stores. They also sell it in the $45-50 range where this is sold and shipped from amazon for $39.90.

I believe this is the cheaper version of Santorini.
The Target one which is done by Spinmaster.

I think the difference is minimal though.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/183302 ... s-original

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/182379 ... day/page/7
i think the card quality is worse
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4210 posts
811 upvotes
Toronto
cuppycakesaurus wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 10:42 pm

seems cool, thank OP, got it

Nov 16, 2009
105 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! Let's get more boardgame deals going!
Jan 12, 2008
18 posts
2 upvotes
toronto
Sweeeett!! Thanks. I've been waiting for this for a while. Following threads that show it was in stock at Target in the US but have not seen in at any canadian boardgame distributor yet.
Sep 20, 2007
233 posts
91 upvotes
Edmonton
Decent price but it has been cheaper not too long ago. I ordered mine on Oct 6 from Chapters/Indigo when they had the "Spend $40 take 20% off toys/games" promo, ended up being $31.96. Plus used my discounted gift cards to purchase. OP is correct, stock is low on the interweb
Jul 13, 2010
42 posts
14 upvotes
headygouda wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 12:40 pm
Sweeeett!! Thanks. I've been waiting for this for a while. Following threads that show it was in stock at Target in the US but have not seen in at any canadian boardgame distributor yet.
My local group for buying and selling board games noted that you could buy these new Spin Master versions of the game at MasterMind Toys. I haven't verified this but you might want to check there.
Apr 18, 2017
61 posts
13 upvotes
Thanks OP. Not sure how much of a good deal it is since its regular price but been on a board game binge.

Also would highly recommend Lost Cities GF and I love this game.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6140 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Yes, this is definitely the re-print version of the original, and is being sold at a cheaper price than the original print run.

But this $39 price is the "new price" for the re-print. There are differences between the two. I can't speak to the quality of the components difference, but the new version is missing the "water base" that the original had. Again, not a big deal considering the new price is about $20 cheaper than the original, but just a note that this isn't really a sale price. It's the new standard price for this print version of the game by Spinmaster.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5960 posts
863 upvotes
Again to clarify.

The boardgame stores were selling the Roxley copy which is better in quality for $45-50.
The one here is not that edition.
This one is the Spinmaster edition which is not as good in quality.

It has been recently been selling at Target for $10-20USD (price mistake i think).

It's a very good game and worth purchasing imo.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
5960 posts
863 upvotes
SwiZz wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 4:46 pm
Yes, this is definitely the re-print version of the original, and is being sold at a cheaper price than the original print run.

But this $39 price is the "new price" for the re-print. There are differences between the two. I can't speak to the quality of the components difference, but the new version is missing the "water base" that the original had. Again, not a big deal considering the new price is about $20 cheaper than the original, but just a note that this isn't really a sale price. It's the new standard price for this print version of the game by Spinmaster.
Apparently the card quality is cheaper too.
But on the plus side, the miniatures are better than the original.